Deleted

swtor double xp weekend?

so basicly will there be another double XP weekend? i will be returning to swtor in 2 weeks and gonna level a new toon (any tips to level faster would be great aint played in a while)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know as well I've accrued some rest XP and have some XP boosts.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't done any since their "push" to get people leveled up for Makeb earlier this year. They might do something for the holidays or early next year closer to the release of their next "expansion".

Deleted
    I personally hope they don't do one anytime soon as a doubleXP weekend basically locks me into playing my JK (only lvl55). I outlevel planets as it is, and I'm not keen on doing so in half the time. (I wish there was an opt out for stuff like this)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    I personally hope they don't do one anytime soon as a doubleXP weekend basically locks me into playing my JK (only lvl55). I outlevel planets as it is, and I'm not keen on doing so in half the time. (I wish there was an opt out for stuff like this)
    Its funny you say that, because last time they did it I was leveling and had already outleveled the content significantly due to playing a lot of Warzones. Also, I did not want to skip any of the planetary missions.

Of course it would also be cool if it was a bound consumable 48-Hour buff that gave double XP. That way you could save it or not use it if you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    last i played it i was finishing off tatooine on my agent but managed to overlevel it somehow even as a f2p i recently tried to go back and continue it but just couldnt get used to the controls anymore

i honeslty they dont do an exp weekend for awile

Deleted
    Having just resubbed, my agent is ready to move on to Balmorra. And thank fuck I am already level 19.

That planet and it's story are so incredibly boring to me that I become irrationally angry. I hate it. I hate the environment, the cardboard NPCs, everything.

It's not just Balmorra either. The planets in the 40-45 range are deathly dull to me too and were the primary reason I quit 2 months after launch.

They highlight the biggest problem with TOR - the fact that they had to add so many quests to draw out the levelling experience, that the majority of them are just plain boring and without the motivations of the main story threads. When a planet story is crap and/or the environment is monotonous, it leaves only the class story, or 10% of the whole experience that is playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    You thought Belsavis was a boring planetary arc? (referring to the 40-45 range comment)

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact you have to do 20+ side quests in the same area of a story quest is what annoys me

I hope so. I'm definitely down to be able to skip most of the side-quests on planets and just be able to shoot through the class/planetary quest chains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    the fact you have to do 20+ side quests in the same area of a story quest is what annoys me
    You don't "have to do" sidequests, you may choose to do them. Unless you are OCD about finishing each and every quest that pops up-

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    You don't "have to do" sidequests, you may choose to do them. Unless you are OCD about finishing each and every quest that pops up-
    Unless you're a subscriber, use tons of boosts, or do tons of space missions (subscriber only), PvP (subscriber only for now), or instances, you need to do all the silly side-quests in order to stay level appropriate for the planet you're on.