1. #1

    Holy and shadow priest performance in flex

    Could somebody please look at logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tay98u1nq3zm9ndq/

    And give me some input on dragel(shadow) and tittenteit(holy)'s performance?

    When a healer is 5th on healing, behind both tanks, i really wonder what she is doing.

    As for Dragel, i feel his dps is really low for his gear, and i hope somebody can find a solution.

    Edit: forgot armory links
    holy: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nteit/advanced
    shadow: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ragel/advanced
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  2. #2
    It's flex, theres 12 of you and you have 3 healers.

    Am I getting something very wrong or whats the deal here? No comment on shadow guy.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by latuman View Post
    It's flex, theres 12 of you and you have 3 healers.

    Am I getting something very wrong or whats the deal here? No comment on shadow guy.
    We really had 5 healers, 1 was able to go dps, 1 left early(i forgot to enable logging at start)
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  4. #4
    Looks like both have little to no experience in the spec/class they are playing.

    Holy: Wrong lvl 90 talent (cascade) used in a fight where you are stacked. The fact that this is #1 heal despite being stacked is an issue. This should be like a sub 8% heal and its sitting like 23%.
    Divine Insight was used reasonably well, Uptime could be a tad higher on Prayer of Mending however.
    PWS in holy is really strange, It's almost never used. Only arguable use for it is to trigger Body and Soul on oneself, but I dont even see any self casts of it. Really should be left to discipline priests or shadow using Body and Soul.
    I could be mistaken, but i'm guessing the priest is in offensive chakra. I don't recall how to check on WoL or if its even possible, but the heals seem abnormally small.
    Huge overhealing on almost every ability. Basically a case of wrong spell/wrong time. Could be anything from vast inexperience to lag to a computer that cant even display the fight properly.

    Very little gems/enchants, basically no upgraded pieces, minimal reforging, half of it the wrong direction.


    Shadow: Sub 50% uptime on dots. Huge chunks of the fight at 0 DPS. Completely stopped doing anything for 20 seconds at a time.
    Wrong lvl 90 talent (halo) on a fight that you should be stacked for. Also should've taken divine star. Was barely cast at all. 11 hits total 10 of which were sub 60k indicating incorrect distance from target. 11th hit was for 267k crit, likely lucky timing with the add in the back.
    1 use of SW the entire fight
    Activity basically drops off at about the 50% mark for the fight. Really not sure what he was doing past that, no fillers, no dots, nothing

    No enchants, wrong gems, wrong trinket, wrong/minimal reforging, no professions


    Both would benefit greatly from reading any of the guides on these or other forums.

  5. #5
    Uh.

    It's flex. There's 12 of you. 2 trained monkeys can heal that crap. Maybe the priest just didnt do anything because there was no need? Or were you wiping by running out of heals?

    Again. Flex mode. Hello?

    EDIT: Sha of pride try No. 5 he did not cast any spells for 5 minutes. Disconnect? Or just afk, or just no need to heal.

    EDIT2: I'm an idiot, he actually died.
    Last edited by latuman; 2013-10-19 at 10:23 AM.

  6. #6
    On Norushen the other 2 healers went in to clear their corruption, the Holy Priest did not. That could be a player issue, or a raid leading issue. In my raid if I simply go in a few rotations sooner than the other Holy Priest, and someone else does all the soaking, I end up doing 30% more healing for no other reason than that. Never go in, and be at 100% corruption ... You won't heal for much no matter what you cast. Clearly your raid should be stacking (in case they aren't) and she should be using Divine Star.

  7. #7
    These are the other 2 healers:

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mania/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dekar/advanced

    It looks like those 2 priests you linked as well as the 2 other healers need to learn how to properly gem, enchant, reforge, glyph, and add a belt buckle. If you can't be bothered with that, then why would you want us to look through your logs...

    Now, I can tell you 2 properly geared (as in, enchanted, gemmed, ...) healers can easily 2man heal complete Flex if you don't have too many fire dancers and follow the tactics.

    Even though the healers did not have that, I still suspect they vastly outgeared the content.

    Then you have the grouping of 5 + 5 + 2. Not good for Prayer of Healing.

    Those three factors combined are not good for holy's HPS.

    Titten is now disc/shadow. A wise decision if he or she is sticking to 10 man raiding.

    Holy does shine especially before you overgear it, in 25 man in general, and 2man (or solo, according to the legends) healing 10 man
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Looks like both have little to no experience in the spec/class they are playing.

    Holy: Wrong lvl 90 talent (cascade) used in a fight where you are stacked. The fact that this is #1 heal despite being stacked is an issue. This should be like a sub 8% heal and its sitting like 23%.
    Just a note; in 10m using mostly Chakra: Serenity (as you should) Cascade is the best level 90 talent as it's the only one that refreshes Renew. Renew would have to be very weak to consider another talent.

  9. #9
    Flex has barel anything to heal for 3 healers (in 12 man). I went holy once with a druid and shammy and was getting sniped left and right, there was simply nothing to heal. I ended up all fights with 100% mana, druid was first on healing and did about 5 times the amount of overhealing I did (he was a really bad druid, went oom in the middle of the fight just to ask for innervate and keep spamming heals like a madman when everyone's full).

    I think of the first 8 bosses, Shamans is the only fight I would consider 3 healing, and even that's a strech.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    It looks like those 2 priests you linked as well as the 2 other healers need to learn how to properly gem, enchant, reforge, glyph, and add a belt buckle. If you can't be bothered with that, then why would you want us to look through your logs...
    ^ This more than anything is huge. If you are going to raid, regardless of difficulty, showing at least some semblance of caring about your performance and character are required. If not, then don't bother imo, because you're just wasting other people's time. When I gear check someone for a pug, missing gems, chants and lack of reforging is an immediate denial. They are missing a huge chunk of stats and looking at performance will be very skewed, empty meta gem socket and missing weapon enchants are huge. Have them check out the guides stickied here at MMO or at howtopriest.com before trying to analyze their rotations from logs. They don't even have the basic insight in how to prepare for a raid let alone actually heal or dps one.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2013-10-21 at 07:34 PM. Reason: typo

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    ^ This more than anything is huge. If you are going to raid, regardless of difficulty, showing at least some semblance of caring about your performance and character are required. If not, then don't bother imo, because you're just wasting other people's time. When I gear check someone for a pug, missing gems, chants and lack of reforging is an immediate denial. They are missing a huge chunk of stats and looking at performance will be very skewed, empty meta gem socket and missing weapon enchants are huge. Have them check out the guides stickied here at MMO or at howtopriest.com before trying to analyze their rotations from logs. They don't even have the basic insight in how to prepare for a raid let alone actually heal or dps one.
    On the flip side, a good player will perform well regardless of whether they have optimal gems and enchants. Those things will only help so much if the person doesn't know how to play their spec correctly, or has horrible awareness and dies to stupid shit a lot. Often having wrong gems/enchants/glyphs/etc. goes hand in hand with not knowing their class or spec very well, but in that case, teaching the person how to correctly play their character will help their performance more than just saying "change these gems" and hoping they learn everything else on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

  12. #12
    Its not about "change these gems". Its not about someone not reaching their haste cap, or gemming crit instead of mastery. Its not about someone gemming strength + haste instead of int + haste. Its about 4 people from the same guild, one supposedly being the OP, each and every one of them consistently not gemming, enchanting, reforging their gear. Go to the armory you link and fix it yourself, then do Flex, and then come ask for help if you have issues. In short put effort showing you care about your performance before asking others how to improve your performance.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •