Why do people in WoW think like this?

So been splitting my time between Everquest and also WoW for the past few months. I have noticed one huge difference between the players. In WoW people think that Blizzard owes them loot for some strange reason. In Everquest people are laid back and are just happy to be playing a game they enjoy. Both are the same price per month so why is it WoW players think their $15 a month is better than the players in EverQuest who are paying the same thing? I have been raiding 4 nights a week for the last month in Everquest. Guess how much loot I gave received? 2 items. Yes thats right in one month I have gotten 2 items. But I dont care because I know Im not more important than the other people in my guild. Im not special so I will keep patiently waiting and eventually I will get some more drops. Hell some of my loot isnt even level 100, which is the max level. Some people have only gotten 1 or even 0. But no one really cares. Theres no flood of "QQ please let raids drop more loot" on the forums. No one in guild chat bitches about not having won any loot in over 2 weeks. We just enjoy raiding and playing the game.

On the other hand when I read the WoW forums I get the feeling people actually think they should be getting loot thrown at them for doing hardly anything. People for some reason expect to be fully geared out in a few weeks. We now have vendors which sell raid quality gear using currency gotten from 5 mans. For some reason, which I cant even fathom, non raiders bitch and complain that they arent getting good loot. Why the hell do you even need raid loot if you dont raid? That just doesnt make sense to me. Thsis isnt TBC where some Heroics were basically mini-raids. WoW 5 mans now are a just a joke. They can easily be done in full blues and possibly even in greens if not for the stupid ilvl requirements. Hell people still complain that LFD and LFR timers are too long and they cant get faster gear. Really people complain that 30-45 mins to get into a dungeon with guaranteed loot that only takes 25-30 mins to run is BAD??!!. I have been camping a piece of gear in Everquest for the last 2 days and have spent probably 10 hours at this camp. I have seen the named that drops the item only 3 times and he didnt drop what I was after. Do I hit the forums going "OMG spawn times and drop rates are terrible." No I just keep grinding until it finally does drop and it feels good to have gotten them item I wanted after spending a long time camping it. So why do people in WoW think they have it so damn bad when they have to wait 30 mins to enter a place thats going to have guaranteed loot?

The players in WoW just seem like a bunch of whiny little kids who think they deserve loot thrown at them just because they pay a monthly fee. Then when things get hard and challenging they flood the forums crying for Blizzard to make everything easier.

Because Blizzard listens to their players more than they should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    So been splitting my time between Everquest and also WoW for the past few months. I have noticed one huge difference between the players. In WoW people think that Blizzard owes them loot for some strange reason. In Everquest people are laid back and are just happy to be playing a game they enjoy. Both are the same price per month so why is it WoW players think their $15 a month is better than the players in EverQuest who are paying the same thing? I have been raiding 4 nights a week for the last month in Everquest. Guess how much loot I gave received? 2 items. Yes thats right in one month I have gotten 2 items. But I dont care because I know Im not more important than the other people in my guild.
    Do you think anyone else should care?
    Do you think being a masochist playing a grindy old shitty game makes you morally superior?

EverQuest was garbage in its prime and I find it hysterical that anyone is seriously still playing it, much less comparing it to WoW.

Probably a younger more modern audience in WoW. I feel like the people growing up with EQ are set into EQ and what they have to do to for loot/experience. I think WoW to EQ would feel like going backwards for some players.

But who knows. that's just my imo.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Hurf Blurf View Post
    Do you think being a masochist playing a grindy old shitty game makes you morally superior?

EverQuest was garbage in its prime and I find it hysterical that anyone is seriously still playing it, much less comparing it to WoW.
    He does, however, have a point...

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Summary of the OP:

"Back in my day, we had to raid uphill, both ways. And we had to do it while barefoot in the snow, because we never got any loot. But did we complain? No, because that's the way it was, and we liked it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hurf Blurf View Post

OK trolling aside I would just like to point out out I am comparing the players who play the games and not the actual games. Also your opinion is your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Summary of the OP:

"Back in my day, we had to raid uphill, both ways. And we had to do it while barefoot in the snow, because we never got any loot. But did we complain? No, because that's the way it was, and we liked it!"
    OK i guess one more person failed to see that Im not comparing games. Im comparing the players.

WoW's a bigger game. There are more people with shitty attitudes to throw around, and there are some inherent issues with the community itself. It may be the sort of players you're playing with- for example, serious raiders in EQ versus LFR raiders or non-raiders in Warcraft.

However, don't think that it's all WoW players who are like that.
    My guild is, for example, locking out our raid next week to work on Garrosh, and sacrificing loot from farm bosses happily, because we like playing as a team and experiencing the content and meeting our goals more than we feel "entitled" to loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    OK i guess one more person failed to see that Im not comparing games. Im comparing the players.
    In either case nothing constructive or useful is going to come out of this thread so I'm closing it. Half of it will likely be game versus game, the rest arguing that players in one game are entirely different than players in the other; a generalization that does not apply across the board in any case. Bashing one group of gamers based on the game they play at the expense of another is just as bad.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."