[Feral} Xmog fire kitty staff

If I xmog the fire kitty staff over one i have now will the fire kitty still be active

10+ Year Old Account

It is best to sort it with a couple of simple macros, which is what I do.

I set up a macro to equip the fire kitty staff and then Mangle.

My usual Mangle button is a macro that equips the current weapon I use and then casts mangle.

Quite simply this means I can just mangle a target with my fire kitty macro button to go fire kitty and then mangle with my normal mangle button to re-equip my 561 staff but remain in fire kitty. You keep the form as long as you are in combat.

It means one hit on the boss isn't optimal but I don't mind. I am fire kitty every boss and most trash packs.

Great fun.

/equip Fandral's Flamescythe
    /cast mangle

/equip Trident of Corrupted Waters
    /cast mangle

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetarragon View Post
    /equip Fandral's Flamescythe
    /cast mangle

/equip Trident of Corrupted Waters
    /cast mangle
    Any chance this can be done in a single macro?
    ------
    Edit: NVm think i got it.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [mod] Fandral's Flamescythe; Malik's Stalwart Spear
    /cast  Mangle
    Last edited by palthis; 2013-10-15 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Macro found

Stop using crappy macros and go get the fire seeds.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

Stop using crappy seeds that you loot 5 at a time from Firelands and have to stockpile and use. Simple staff switching means you can use the form anytime you like, rather than wasting a seed.

So your argument against the seeds are... you have to stockpile (read: keep them around in your bags) and that you have to use it? Sounds awfully similar to the staff only the seeds persists through shifting and death and don't require you to hit something with a staff from an entire expansion ago in order to get started and then continue to do that same stupid swapping every time you enter combat.

The staff only worked in combat unless you used the hidden "on use" and then it would go on cool down for quite a while and the effect didn't persist through death. The seeds work out of combat which is nice as well.

But hey, I'm sure your macro has some hidden upsides that I'm probably missing.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”