Dream of Cenarius for Resto 10m/flex

Hi, I know that the talent doesn't seem very popular, but I've been playing around with it and am so far really liking the results. Is there a build with this talent that I could look at? If this is a viable strategy I would need far less spirit that I could dump into haste or mastery for bigger and faster casts and better wg and etc. Has anyone really found a way to make "wrathtonement" work?

I used it on heroic norushen with a lot of moonkin gear but my results.were still pretty lackluster. I was able to do enough healing with efflorescence and keeping lifebloom as well as the heals from wrath but the damage.done was very low. Our mw monk pulled 100k+ and I don't remember exactly what I pulled but it was waaay under that. At any rate I would suggest a haste/crit build for it. I think wrath spam hotw might have even topped its damage done, and the healing felt very clunky.

Well I think the trick is to NOT just spam it. A good disc priest doesn't just smite spam. Your rejuves and wild growths and etc still being vital heals, if anything it would replace regrowth.
    Last edited by Pinkiepie1170; 2013-10-12 at 12:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkiepie1170 View Post
    Well I think the trick is to NOT just spam it. A good disc priest doesn't just smite spam. Your rejuves and wild growths and etc still being vital heals, if anything it would replace regrowth.
    The thing is (imo) that if you are not "spamming" wrath, both NV and HotW beat out DoC significantly.

The problem with "Wrathatonement" is the lack of synergy with your other spells.

1. You lose mobility hard casting wrath. (Disc priests get to channel while moving (glyphed) and holy fire as an instant)
    2. Does not hit as hard. (Disc priests rely on Penance and Holy Fire as their hardest hitting atonement spells and Smite as the filler until the other two are up.)
    3. Does not interact with other spells. (Smite reduces the Penance CD by .5 sec and builds up Evangelism stacks for increased damage, reduced mana cost, and as necessary a +healing buff with Archangel)

If you want to put out a little DPS, just pop NV on CD or just DPS with HoTW.

If you want to DPS like a Disc Priest or a fistweave like a MW monk, you're better off rerolling.

DoC would be fun for Flex / LFR, but you have to really overgear the encounter to make it viable for normals. Would agree with above for a haste / crit build, preferably to the 13k HBP, but you would be doing your raid team a disservice by trying to make DoC fit in normals and heroics.

Deleted
    It's good for Flex and LFR, especially with bad LFR groups that have several DPS'rs afking. It's not as strong as Disc though, since our overhealing is wasted, but it is a lot of fun (especially on bosses with damage modifiers) and the healing is enough.

I think it'd be more fun if it effected moonfire as well, and maybe give sunfire to resto, this way you get mobility and consistant small smart heals wouldn't be a bad thing.

But for the most part I think being limited just to wrath is a bit boring, I'd almost think they'd be better off balancing it so your doing feral dps rather than in caster form, or even the option of doing both.

But ya for the most part lfr/flex so you can go poo and just spam your mouse wheel.

It's really not worth using as a heal in most situations.

I like it for Immerseus simply because you can heal everyone in the room from anywhere in the room and not have to worry about how far away they are from you, but aside from that there really isn't much point to it. It isn't like Immerseus is hard anyway. I also find it kind of an easy/lazy way to heal the healing trial on norushen, also speeds up getting through it a little faster.

I don't think it's the most useful talent in the world, but it's kinda neat. At least druids have the option for atonement now, even if it isn't as good as a priest's.

Honestly i'd rather nature's vigil became a passive talent that was always on, that way we could damage with our heals instead of healing with our damage. The amount of damage it inflicts is almost non-existant, so I don't much see the harm.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Viable? Possibly if you reforge for haste/crit and have other good healers you can rely on. Wouldn't use on non-farm fights. And as said, keep efllo up and dont forget of ur healing cds (tranq/ToL etc)... It should be ok for flex if u got good gear.

Deleted
    They could have made it effect Moonfire too, the only fight (so far) I even thought about using DoC was norushen HC, but since I wasn't 1st to pick up an orb, our disc priest was for obvious reasons, I decided the burst potential of hotw was much better.

Think the main problem with it, is that if you are needing that extra DPS to kill a boss, your dps should be expected to pull their weight, not the healers, and reason disc priests get away with it is because it still applies a shield, often quiet big, so if everyone is topped, they have something to do, providing damage isn't incoming, and atonement actually does some decent damage. If everyone is topped off and no damage is incoming, the healing wrath will provide will be useless anyway.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-10-12 at 10:20 PM.

Everything works in Flex.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.