Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why not just avoid the two no-no subjects to bring up at family reunions: Religion and Politics.
    Some people force those subjects into conversation, as if it's as natural as eating apple pie and the girl next door.

Ive come to a conclusion: You are not passionate, you are a fanatic

The more emotionally involved you are with a position, the less likely you are to consider rational responses.

Also, how have I never heard about Alex Jones? He seems a delight.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Alex Jones makes me laugh. I remember watching his Man of Steel deconstruction (where he seized upon the perceived critique of genetic modification in the film) and kept talking about Hollywood and Jewish people and about being invited to parties but "I don't do that any more."

That is a bullshit merchant's code for "I have never been invited to a Hollywood party." It's depressingly pathetic and completely negates any message you want to convey.

- - - Updated - - -

And also no-one has a problem with passionate people. They have a problem with people who lose their inner censor when discussing an issue and start treating unsubstantiated feelings as fact.

That's not passion. It's idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Some people force those subjects into conversation, as if it's as natural as eating apple pie and the girl next door.
    That sounds like more of a symptom of who people choose to spend time with rather than their political affiliations.

I remember the last presidential election people complaining about how their Facebook feeds were filled with political garbage - Mine was completely silent, even the day after the results. I may have friends of all different political spectrums, and we often don't agree. The one thing we do agree on however is that no one wants to hear the tired rhetoric.

If any of us wants to get preached to, there are enough "pundits" to go around to sate whatever political desire you have to not have to hear it when spending time together.

I say every individual has been guilty of this. In one way or another. Sometimes being over-passionate can cloud "rational" thinking.

Yet sometimes being over-passionate can achieve goals that otherwise wouldn't have been achieved.

Being on one extreme or the other is always disconcerting for people. It sort of brings a layer of uncertainty. And if you don't know what to expect from someone, they seem dangerous or crazy.