Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Are there honestly still guilds out there were healers get blamed more for wipes? Must be some really shitty guilds.
    By the sounds of it, OP and his girlfriend are only going to be doing dungeons together, hell, they might not even make it to 90, so it's unlikely they're going to be Raiding with Guilds.

To be honest, at low levels, all of them are going to be pretty easy. Disc Priest's shields pretty much never break with heirlooms, so she might even get bored.

Deleted
    Shaman or Priest.

Discipline Priest. Shield at lvl 5, Flash Heal at lvl 7 and Penance at lvl 10. That's a solid toolkit to start with in BGs and early dungeons and builds up nicely from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    She hasn't even started the game, and you're going to worry the girl with what to raid on? lmao
    It's best to think about the long-term when choosing your WoW class.
    I picked a Rogue and a Hunter and I regretted every minute of it when Dual-Spec came out, because I had two (now three) Max-level ONLY DPS classes, it was basically killing me, so much so that I levelled a DK just so I could play something other than DPS.
    But regardless, there is no such thing as an "easy" healing class - If she isn't doing anything above LFR the game is on easy mode anyway, so tell her to pick which one she likes the look of.

Deleted
    Shaman no contest

way to add to the stereotype... but i think a disc priest would be best, not just for the heals but also for doing some damage. gets rather boring that you kill off everything and she only casts a bubble every 15 sec, at least as disc she can smite and heal at the same time. i guess same goes for monk? but i havent played a mistweaver so i wouldnt know. seeing as youre only playing casual i dont think youll be doing lfr or higher at max lvl? even then, you still see atonement priests do quite a nice amount of healing.

id like to point out what wych has said, she may only want to play to spend more time with you. dont know what you 2 do in your spare time and tbh its none of my business but maybe take her out someday.

and a tip for you 2, dont tell anyone random you do a dungeon with that she is a girl, she might get shit thrown at her and thats no fun.

I started up as a priest for the sole purpose of healing turned out I didn't like it at all compared to shadow. Still don't like it even if my main is a healer now. Still feel like we are lacking instant heals though but its getting better. Shaman is fairly easy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaelnas View Post
    It's best to think about the long-term when choosing your WoW class.
    I picked a Rogue and a Hunter and I regretted every minute of it when Dual-Spec came out, because I had two (now three) Max-level ONLY DPS classes, it was basically killing me, so much so that I levelled a DK just so I could play something other than DPS.
    But regardless, there is no such thing as an "easy" healing class - If she isn't doing anything above LFR the game is on easy mode anyway, so tell her to pick which one she likes the look of.
    She's not a seasoned player trying to decide what character to raid on. She's brand new to the game entirely, so none of that is going to matter. Chances are, if she stays with it long enough, she'll level half a dozen characters until she finds what she likes. And who's to say she's going to even give a shit about raiding or LFR or anything like that? Maybe she's a daily quester, or an altoholic, or a crafter, or just a social guildie who runs 5mans randomly.

The point is, if OP really wants his gf to play, the last thing he needs to be worrying her with is the stress of "did I pick the right class for endgame". For you, that's fine, for me, that's fine. But for a girl who's just starting to play, it would be way too much pressure to make the game fun for her.

She needs the chance to enjoy her character (whether she's good at it or not), explore the world, learn how to quest and craft and get a mount, and do all those things the majority of us got to do years ago, and it was magical our first time. She needs the chance to have that magic without being pressured to do anything but enjoy the game, just like I did my first time. Damn I wish I could get that new-game magic back with wow! lol

Deleted
    What kind of content are you planning to do? Just levelling / 5 mans / scenarios / LFR? If so, I'd say disc priest. In easy content you can almost heal everything by just using atonement, which is very easy to learn (it's just three spells), and she can gradually become a better healer by learning when and how she needs to use her healing spells and cooldowns. If she ends up not liking it, she can switch to holy, which has a completely different healing style. I wouldn't say it's easy to master disc, but it's easy to get to a level where you heal enough (unless you want to do current normal / heroic raiding).

Druid doesn't really require much shapeshifting these days unless you're planning to do harder content. It's also fairly easy to learn if you don't plan on going beyond LFR, but requires more awareness of who has which hot on them, keeping up 3 stack lifebloom etc. I wouldn't say it's that much harder than disc priest, unless you have issues with keeping track of what's on your raid frames and what's under your feet at the same time, which can sometimes even be an issue in 5mans.

Shaman has a lot of weird mechanics, and I would definitely not start with a resto shaman unless she really likes the class. Same with holy paladin. Mistweaver also seem to require awareness of where your random hots go, but I haven't played it personally.

Edit: If she also wants to dps now and then, I'd suggest shaman actually. Elemental is the easiest range spec in the game.
    Last edited by mmoc10c3f473f3; 2013-10-13 at 12:43 PM.

If your GF is going to play WoW only because of you and she want easy class to play, then tell her it's a bad idea and she should learn how to play.

Deleted
    defo a resto shammy or a disc priest, ive played both quite a lot over the last 7 years. resto shammies are fun to play & pretty easy & the same goes for a disc priest. the benefit of being a disc priest is you also rarely die when attacking mobs while smiting or casting penance. also, if she's in a group with you, her atonement will heal you if she's also dpsing the same mob. it may sound a little complicated, but its really not. disc priests are great fun & i really would recommend trying one. gl

ps. ignore the guy above me, play wow how YOU want to play it.
    its not all about you MUST do this, or you MUST do that. its about having fun & playing the game how YOU want to play it.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2013-10-13 at 12:42 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pala..

OT : Why would you spend time with your GF palying video games? That's like the least favorite thing in my relationship to do. Stricted to jobs and school, yet we spend the remaining time together going out, I don't see any time for playing games, unless you're playing video games instead of doing.. real life things. No offense to video games.. But it's like the least hing to do, even if she plays. I'd rather look for something else to do than a class to play for her. my 2 cents. or you can ignore me and just do w/e you feel for, it really doesn't affect me, nor do i care..

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Let her play what looks good to her and quit forcing her into a role. This is honestly disturbing to me. If you want your girlfriend to play with you happily then this is the stupidest way to start off.

All Healers have a deep rabbit hole you can choose to go down and become better at. None of them are inherently simple. You can CHOOSE to play simply. In all of them, however you will always be at the lowest raid utilization capacity, and no one likes that in a raider. Most raid leaders expect you to know all about your class.

And that's not getting into all the dynamic gameplay changes that happen each patch/fix/expansion.

I picked the class that looked good to me. It happened to be paladin. I was never happier with my choice, and it just so happened to coincide with healer at the time.
    But I didn't go into it thinking 'hey yeah, healing, that's what I'll be good at that because BOOBS'. I went into it and saw the description of a paladin. A Holy warrior with healing abilities, wears plate, strong moral convictions. I was like 'dude, I wanna be a shiny plate wearing beast! Sign me up!'.

Let her know what all the classes are like. ALL OF THEM. And tell them about them from a descriptive, gameplay AND lore viewpoint. That will interest her more than 'okay this one heals, this one can dps and heal, this one tanks.' Fuck that. Make her first time playing ENJOYABLE. No matter what class that is.
    Your girlfriend is supposed to be your girl-'FRIEND'. Not your convenience tool. And if she isn't having fun both on her own and with you, she won't stick around to play this with you. She'll just assume WoW isn't for her.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Paladin?

Plate makes leveling easy and Druids/Shamans seem more complicated.

I'd actually say resto druid. Rejuvenation is a strong instant heal useful in most situations, wild growth an instant aoe smartheal to press on cooldown, and an isntant lifebloom on the tank. She can nourish/regrowth whenever she feels like it and has the mana to spare or clearcasting proc. There is not much more to it if you want to play at 70%. Maybe also keep an instant mushroom/efflorescence down.

Be careful what you ask for though, since a lot of instants is probably way more annoying for clickers than a lot of cast time heals. In any case she will have a hard time with any healing spec if she struggles with having a reasonable amount of keybinds since you can't click mouseover macros. Maybe tell her to roll a simple dps spec instead.

I've recently delved somewhat into raid healing, and Shaman is by far the easiest to get into and do well on from the start with very few buttons, yet at the same time they got a lot of small tricks you can add later. (I've tried Monk, Disc Priest and Druid as well).

Deleted
    Shaman or Disc-priest.

Deleted
    Just for the sake of clarity: I'm not forcing her into playing WoW; I know it's against the 'stereotype' but it was actually her who saw an ad of WoW and pandas and wanted to try it out with me, saying that she wants to watch my back as a healer so no angry monster would hurt me . Believe it or not . And yea, we probably won't be doing any raids or anything, just playing casually - just wanted to find out an easy class so she doesn't get confused too much

@ Kezotar: People do different things for fun, so do we. Trust me, after playing together a game for 30 to max 60mins you still have got plenty of time left for other activities. We've played some very casual, not mmorpg games before and we have both enjoyed it immensely. I guess it's no different than watching a movie with your gf - only that it is somewhat more engaging. Don't you watch movies with your gf? Anyways, everyone does what pleases them

Deleted
    If she is really new to the game, then you probably will spend a lot of time on leveling your toons together. As a healer it can be painfully boring to watch the other kill everything with ease, while you hardly scratch them. Plus, during leveling you don't have to heal that much... Consider this.

My suggestion is to go with a Druid. She can still play it as a healer is she wants to, but she also will have the tools to go to kitty form and deal some reasonable damage.

On a personal note: my ex loved the shapeshifting ability of the druid. To her it wasn't complicated but fun. So if she likes animals too, then you might have a winner