Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    It Would be interesting to see him and Alex Jones go head to head.

Aside from playing pretend about the seriousness of debt, that's not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather wait for someone a bit more level headed to make a diagnosis of the video then some people on here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting angry is not a solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd rather wait for someone a bit more level headed to make a diagnosis of the video then some people on here.
    You could always make your own.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    staying calm isn´t either, what´s your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Better bring some earplugs with you.

OT i don't realy know what to say, he might be right. Someone needs to stand up and "burn the place down" so you can start over and get a chanse at a healthy economie.

Also i think he is only one for talking but not one for action (the dude in the video). Talking is easy.

He has a point, although I think most people familiar with the facts already knew this. Everything is run by money. Shocker. Big business can't take over the government by force, so they throw money at candidates who will carry out their agenda once they are elected. This is old news, but that doesn't mean it isn't important to give everyone a reminder.

As for how to fix it.. well, first you'd have to upgrade the average American's literacy and actual understanding of basic government/laws/political plaforms/etc. before we can vote in people who will actually do the job properly. Good luck getting funding for education, or even getting today's youth interested in receiving a proper education.
    Rig: i5-3570K, SLI EVGA 680 SC Sig 1. Will take pictures eventually.
    Past: Proud First Generation College Graduate (B.S. in Chemistry and Biology)
    Present: Medical School, Class of 2017.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insofar as the US political system being bought and sold, he is right. He's also right that it is a major problem. I'm not entirely certain that I agree with assigning the blame to the president, and I'd want a bit more info on his views on how it should all be fixed before I agree, but I won't discount him having a point there too.

Anyhow, a system where the politicians are controlled by big business is never a good idea, except for the big businesses, who have been putting a lot of money towards circumventing the (supposedly) democratic system and getting their way, no matter who sits in the White House, and have been doing so for...oh, at least since Reagan. They are unlikely to let anyone rock their boat.

I don't like how he bulldozed the other people there, but it needs to be said. The country needs to understand that politicians work for companies, not for people. Whoever donates the most gets the biggest say in policy decisions. It's unfortunate, but from their standpoint they wouldn't have gotten elected without the donors' help, so he has to heed their advice. That seems like a copout to me though. I'm not sure why the US is so much more susceptible to this than other countries, or if that is even the case, but it's certainly true here.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    This man is now a legend. That is exactly what the US needs to hear and to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Sitting there taking it and doing nothing is?

Deleted
    He's spot on about the money in politics.

Lobbying should be banned with extreme punishment for those that take part in it.

Senators and Congressmen should live in state-owned accommodation and have a limited pay. Serving your country politically should be an honour, not a means to get rich.

Did he have to yell? No, but it got people's attention, much more so than making a calmly stated argument.

The bottom line to his point is more than sound - that government is bought and paid for by corporate interest groups and the only thing that government does is blame the other party and nothing gets done that actually helps the people or the country. Essentially the entire system is smoke and mirrors constructed for the personal gain of the power players.

Whether his argument casts Obama as a dictator or not is irrelevant and just speaks to his assertion that partisan politics and empty posturing are the real problem that no leader will address.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ratigan was too good for MSNBC
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    You could always make your own.
    If I understand what the heck he was saying and him being interrupted often made it challenging.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    anyone who raises their voice is alex jones now

He's right.

I personally believe that a default is the only way for the country to wake up and fix the problems we are facing. Once we lose our reality tv and other brainwashing tactics the light has to shine through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    anyone who raises their voice is alex jones now
    Hoping that's sarcasm :P

One person raising their voice because they're so fed up of no one listening to something important is different to whatever it is Alex Jones is.

Someone speaking so passionately brings a tear to your eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

At least someone is thinking about our national debt.

"but we NEED. but we NEED". What we need to do, as a country, is start living within our freaking means. Ya wonder why there's families out there with hundreds of thousands in random debt--just taking an example from our gub'ment.