Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Still working fine as of last night. Our affliction locks are getting an average of 50k dps out of the voidlord across all attempts. It does seem to be benefiting from affliction mastery (our destro lock went back to GoSac after poor results with his voidlord). No positioning required, just regular follow/assist. We did macro voidlord to MG and FF since he doesn't maintain perfect uptime.

We have ~20k mastery raid buffed. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    The voidwalker is a dps gain compared to using a regular pet for any spec if you set it in front of the boss so its breath will trigger its shields, but not really insane like you say (I think it is around 3-5% overall better).
    Voidwalker may be a gain to other specs but it is not a gain to Sac, all top logs are using Sac, as shown in the Healing self done on WoL< my buddy same server as mine Stormreaver US has the top Dmg done for Destro . myself was at 10th at 18th still to do thok this week 568 Lock 8/14 HM. has been using a pet , retested and it is correct Sac is a dmg increased, you should be using a Havoc glyph to get double CBs off on the Jail add as it comes out and make sure u do not double dark soul in the beginning as you will not be able to min max it with the shouts going out. also if you plan on parsing you need a BOP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krokarr View Post
    Voidwalker may be a gain to other specs but it is not a gain to Sac, all top logs are using Sac, as shown in the Healing self done on WoL< my buddy same server as mine Stormreaver US has the top Dmg done for Destro . myself was at 10th at 18th still to do thok this week 568 Lock 8/14 HM. has been using a pet , retested and it is correct Sac is a dmg increased, you should be using a Havoc glyph to get double CBs off on the Jail add as it comes out and make sure u do not double dark soul in the beginning as you will not be able to min max it with the shouts going out. also if you plan on parsing you need a BOP
    From what I gathered people are mainly talking about affliction, as the Void Shield damage benefits from Affliction's mastery. I'm starting heroic thok tonight and we have 2 priests (1 disc, 1 shadow) so I'm hoping I'll be able to try this and not have to use the imp for dispels.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    From what I gathered people are mainly talking about affliction, as the Void Shield damage benefits from Affliction's mastery. I'm starting heroic thok tonight and we have 2 priests (1 disc, 1 shadow) so I'm hoping I'll be able to try this and not have to use the imp for dispels.
    Honestly even with this trick, if your dps is good enough, I'd still use the imp as a safety net for progression. We killed it just a few minutes ago, and I felt really happy that my imp was able to get 3 dispels on our kill. It isn't much, but it's helpful to have incase it's needed to get more.

Yes, you're probably talking about affliction since I tested it as destruction and did not see any difference from the shield.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathral2 View Post
    Honestly even with this trick, if your dps is good enough, I'd still use the imp as a safety net for progression. We killed it just a few minutes ago, and I felt really happy that my imp was able to get 3 dispels on our kill. It isn't much, but it's helpful to have incase it's needed to get more.
    This. If those 50k dps rly matters THAT much from ONE player that just sounds wierd to me, rather go be a team player with the imp! logs can wait until after progress, guys!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamhax View Post
    This. If those 50k dps rly matters THAT much from ONE player that just sounds wierd to me, rather go be a team player with the imp! logs can wait until after progress, guys!
    Don't get me wrong, some comps won't need it at all, and I probably didn't do us any favors by gimping my dps a little bit, and that talking about this voidwalker bug? is a great idea for guilds that are on the border. I'm just fortunate to be in a guild where DPS isn't a problem, haha. Just basically giving my opinion, mostly.

I am having trouble replicating it though, does the voidwalker have to be much further behind the tanks to trigger it from thok's breath/screeches? The pulls that I used it on thok progression weren't having it go off at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamhax View Post
    Or you can use the voidlord and then soulburn out an imp for poison phase and switch back again.

On the BL'd pull going into first kite phase around 60%, the void shield is accounting for around 5-8% damage. It's like 4M damage done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zey View Post
    Still working fine as of last night. Our affliction locks are getting an average of 50k dps out of the voidlord across all attempts. It does seem to be benefiting from affliction mastery (our destro lock went back to GoSac after poor results with his voidlord). No positioning required, just regular follow/assist. We did macro voidlord to MG and FF since he doesn't maintain perfect uptime..
    So there is no requirement on placing the voidlord in front of boss to stand in breath? Having voidlord on assist will invariably make him attack from behind.

I've had better results without Soul Leech's shield. The talent's shield prevents the triggering of Void Shield, right?

Some conclusions I reached after some tests:

- It does proc from soul link (if you get damaged and your pet doesn't, the effect still procs)
    - Apparenty the 10 sec cooldown is for the Void Shield's shielding ability, not for the damage.

So in resume you need 4 sources of damage to you or your pet per 10 seconds to manitain maximum income, one for the Voild Shield's shielding ability, and three to proc the shield 3 times.

With that I assume that there will be situations wich it will be needed to force some extra damage on voidwalker, and others not.
    Last edited by crysilaero; 2013-10-22 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crysilaero View Post
    I've had better results without Soul Leech's shield. The talent's shield prevents the triggering of Void Shield, right?

Some conclusions I reached after some tests:

- It does proc from soul link (if you get damaged and your pet doesn't, the effect still procs)
    - Apparenty the 10 sec cooldown is for the Void Shield's shielding ability, not for the damage.

So in resume you need 4 sources of damage to you or your pet per 10 seconds to manitain maximum income, one for the Voild Shield's shielding ability, and three to proc the shield 3 times.

With that I assume that there will be situations wich it will be needed to force some extra damage on voidwalker, and others not.
    You don't need a source of damage to activate the shield ability. It can be cast manually (I macro it into my fillers).
    With respect to soul leech, the screech on heroic Thok is more than enough to eat through soul leach and still proc it three times during the duration. Outside of Heroic Thok and Heroic Garrosh, I don't imagine it will be worth it to manufacture voidshield damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Leia View Post
    So there is no requirement on placing the voidlord in front of boss to stand in breath? Having voidlord on assist will invariably make him attack from behind.
    This has been my experience. No positioning required.
    Last edited by zey; 2013-10-22 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Booooo hissssss

Deleted
    It's fixed.

That's why I quit.
    Bugs still occurs after alpha and beta. Keep changing their data, +15% to Shadow Word: Pain today, -15% tomorrow.
    Thanks blizzard. I don't want to be fooled with anymore. WoW will be the last Blizzard game I play.

No king rules forever, and Blizzard will fall like Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by fassade View Post
    That's why I quit.
    Bugs still occurs after alpha and beta. Keep changing their data, +15% to Shadow Word: Pain today, -15% tomorrow.
    Thanks blizzard. I don't want to be fooled with anymore. WoW will be the last Blizzard game I play.

No king rules forever, and Blizzard will fall like Lich King.
    Boo hoo, seriously... It was a bug that wasn't intended, it was going to be fixed no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Boo hoo, seriously... It was a bug that wasn't intended, it was going to be fixed no matter what.
    I guess a demo warlock with high DPS wasn't intended, either.
    Even if it is overpowered, you should balance it, not ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by fassade View Post
    I guess a demo warlock with high DPS wasn't intended, either.
    Even if it is overpowered, you should balance it, not ruin it.
    When they fix bugs like this, that is their way of balancing. They're not going to completely redesign a class/spec every time something like this occurs.

Void Lord and Void Shields

So it is my understanding that on Thok and Garrosh using the Void Lord's Void Shield is a DPS gain? How do I go about optimizing this and how do I go about understanding what fight(s) I should use this on in the future? Just looking for an explanation on the logic behind all this. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Damage from Soul Link should no longer incorrectly activate the Voidlord's Void Shield effect.
    you´re to late