Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why do you care what she looks like? Your brother likes her and when he asked for your opinion it was probably more about her as a person than her as a shag, since I doubt your brother's top requirement for choosing a girlfriend is "will my bro want to fuck her?". You should have stopped at "Yeah she's nice".

You should probably not say anything now. Just let it blow over. If you bring it up again it's going to seem weird.

I'd say there's probably no fix for that haha. It should've been obvious that would be a bad thing to say. He clearly wasn't looking for negative critique, just support. Anyway, just pretend it didn't happen, it's not like apologizing or anything else would make a difference at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrage View Post
    Disclaimer: Not a troll thread

Sorry for the blunt title, my brother has been dating this girl online for a few months and they met up this weekend, and I met her briefly.

After she left, my brother asked me what I think of her.

And I am an honest person, to my detriment.

I said basically shes a nice girl but you can do a lot better on the looks deparment.
    My brother isn't an ugly guy, just lacking confidence I think, so his standards are pretty low.

FYI, she has dreadlocks and weighs about 200+ lbs, and he weighs 140lbs

Anyway, he got a bit annoyed and left (we live almost next to each other, seperate apartments), I'll probably see him later.

What should I have said? how do I fix this?
    Well, we can start with the part of not being too shallow and not having said what you did?

First, apologies for said shallow comment, and then talk a bit with him about the two of them.

There is really no fix, this was an event that could have been avoided so easily - so go talk.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Your a faking moron. Its that simple.

There is a difference in being honest and being a rude faktard and so many people need to learn whats what.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-10-14 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    This.

I'd prefer the cold honest truth, rather then sugar coated lies.

Of course, it appears he was merely asking what you thought of her character as a person - But eh, you simply answered best you could.
    what next telling your daughter she nice but ugly as hell?

What should you do? WHAT SHOULD YOU DO? Be a good brother and support him. Youre not dating her, he is. Maybe he doesnt give a crap about looks unlike you? You should want him to be happy. Cant believe you even had to make a thread for this. More importantly so what if the girl is unattractive? Think about what its like being her when people like you make that kind of judgment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Your brother wasn't looking for a critique on her appearance -- he was looking for your approval. You didn't give it to him.

Honesty is fine, but rudeness isn't. You can start calling her ugly once she starts acting ugly. Until then, you praise her good parts and don't mention the rest.
    Basically what Belloc said. Not to mention that what you said to your brother was pretty much like saying that he himself doesn't see that the girl is obese, which is not helping in the slightest. Of course he knows that. However, that obviously doesn't bother him when he seems to like her, which is why he asked for your approval, not about what you think of her looks and all.

To put it simple, you failed at answering the actual question he asked, and you missed the point by mentioning her looks.

I don't understand why you've asked for the views of a forum to not have understood or taken into consideration any of them. I'm not having a go mind, just curious.

Belloc is totally right, it was approval not a critique he was after. There is a mighty large chance he knew she was a big girl. And hey, he might like dreadlocks. I've known many girls who are still pretty or hot with them.

That and I see you're from West Sussex; as am I. The girls over this whole county are either fit, fat or ugly beyond all reason with very little middle ground with a ratio of 1:3:1 you have to get used to personalities.

Fail to see how this is your problem at all.

Deleted
    He's your brother, he will get over it. If he really likes her, he won't give two shits if you think she's ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    People claiming looks doesn't mean shit obviously are forever alone. Good job telling your brother the truth.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    what next telling your daughter she nice but ugly as hell?
    Write coherent English please i don't understand that post, however from the gist of it "It" depends upon the context and situation when you tell your daughter "She nice but ugly as hell".

Some people value looks over the mind, and vice versa - for the majority however, it's a balance between the two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Wtf did he want you to say? Dont lie to him. Looks play a big part youre lying if personality is all that natters.
    he wanted to know what he thought of her as a person.. when looks arent an issue with his brother, why would they be an issue for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Doesn't matter what you say or do your brother is with this chick until he comes to the self realized conclusion that he no longer wants to be with her. My brother was dating a real terrible person and I told him for years he should dump her and find a better girl than her. He ended up marrying her and after being married for 4 years she left him for another married man. His first words to me after telling me she is left were man you were right all along.

Deleted
    Sounds like lame drama. My brothers gf is a good looking girl, but shes the most boring person I have met. I just banter him the whole time 'you dumped her yet' and when he is on the phone to her i get it off him and ask her whats shes wearing. When I bring whatever random chick im with at the time to a family event I get the same shit from him. He calls it the 3 questions and he essentially asks them 3 questions 'if you could put your relationship in a box, what kind of box would it be'. Shit like that. Your brother needs to get a sense of humor, just make bob marley jokes about the dreadlocks and and call him Captain Ahab for spearing a white whale.

Deleted
    I would tell my brother the truth. "Hey bro, your girlfriend is fucking ugly"

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    You could start by not caring about looks that much. Your brother isn't looking for a centerfold, and he's right. Time for you to realize that looks aren't worth shit.
    Obesity tells me quite a lot about a person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockaero View Post
    I would tell my brother the truth. "Hey bro, your girlfriend is fucking ugly"
    "Yo bro, the pound called - they want the dog back"

Or something equally edgy

10+ Year Old Account
    200lbs with dreads... RUN BRO RUN.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Obesity tells me quite a lot about a person.
    OMG111!!! So insensitive, it's a thyroid condition