Symbolism in WoW

I was playing WoW today for the 2,458th time in my life and I noticed something in a scenario that I had done perhaps 48 times or so. It was Dagger in the Dark, and it made me begin to think about symbolism, the same way you'd think about oranges in the Godfather(coincidence, lighting director) or that the Wizard of Oz is symbolism for the gold standard vs the greenback.

But as I got onto the boat and began taking Voljin down the river, it struck me that this could be symbolic of 'selling someone down the river' which is an old american adage for betrayal related to slavery. I was wondering if this was intentional symbolism or just a coincidence?

Also what other incidents of symbolism can you find in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I was playing WoW today for the 2,458th time in my life and I noticed something in a scenario that I had done perhaps 48 times or so. It was Dagger in the Dark, and it made me begin to think about symbolism, the same way you'd think about oranges in the Godfather(coincidence, lighting director) or that the Wizard of Oz is symbolism for the gold standard vs the greenback.

But as I got onto the boat and began taking Voljin down the river, it struck me that this could be symbolic of 'selling someone down the river' which is an old american adage for betrayal related to slavery. I was wondering if this was intentional symbolism or just a coincidence?

Also what other incidents of symbolism can you find in WoW?
    I think you're seeing patterns that aren't there.

Considering that the book "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" was written in 1900, and the Federal Reserve was established in 1913.

EDIT: Plus, to keep it on topic people have been taking boats down rivers for centuries before the US Slavery debacle. (Centuries before the US existed even). Because of the fact that taking a boat in the direction a river flows requires absolutely no energy, making it more efficient than walking, especially if you have a lot to carry.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-10-20 at 08:08 AM.