[Frost] Strange Icicle...

hey guys,

today after our garrosh kill i noticed something in recount and later in world of logs.
    my highest frostbolt crit was 270659, frostfirebolt 266617.
    but my highest icicle was a 527888 on garrosh.
    unbuffed im at 57% mastery.
    been looking through the log, the avg icicle hit is 90k, most are 60-80 or 120/160, with some as high as 190.
    but only this one was that high.

i have absolutely no idea what couldve caused that icicle...

[ok cant post links right now, german eu-malganis, my raid is called riot, 14-10, 20:57] thats our WoL log and the icicle did happen at 21:30:03:209, about 20sec before kill...

can someone explain this icicle? :/

Deleted
    Yesterday we were doing some achievments from T14 content. At Ambershaper in HoF my largest FB hit was like ~450-470k crit and my largest Icicle hit was 962k.
    Strange.

Deleted
    I might be wrong I havent played frost since 5.1. But does icicle not do AoE dmg in like 3-5y radius around the target?

For garrosh it could be hitting the MC's since you mention it being just before kill, otherwise i would have assumed ph1 adds.
    For ambershaper it could be the "blobs" + mc'd tank.

No, it cleaves for half damage to a second target if you have the (former) Ice Lance glyph, but other than that it does only single target.

I think it's all the icicles going off at once into one, without consuming all of them or something. A glitch obv...

I am glad that I am not the only one who has seen this. I noticed an Icicle record for over 500k the other night. But I did not have any FB or BF FFB that was high enough to create an Icicle of that size. I have tried to duplicate this since then without any luck.

I can explain the amber shaper one but not garrosh, amber shaper it was probably during the phase of increased damage plus the pet debuff the frostbolt hit hard, but the debuff was probably up when you got that icicle off. Would have to be "quirky" in the timing but definitely possible.
    Daft Punk Forever!

Deleted
    Edited, don't know what is going on

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2a...?s=1927&e=2029 Add query actor Doji, the big icicle is at 21:30:03.209
    This is the important part http://pastebin.com/9ZN7G1zK

I can't find a valid explication, there are icicles few seconds before the big one, so the only explication could be damage modifier (garrosh does not have any) or bug (either on the game or on the logs).

- - - Updated - - -

The actions before the weird icicle are:
    * Icicle on Garrosh, normal hit
    * Cone of cold hits garrosh and 2 MC's
    * Frostfire Bolt on 1 MC
    * Frostbolt on Garrosh
    * Ice Lance on Garrosh
    * Icicle bugged hits Garrosh

That happens in 4sec. interval. So the only explication for me it would be that icicles is bugged somehow with MC's
    Last edited by mmocb78ce50268; 2013-10-15 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure that isn't the sum of each icicle since you released them with your ice lance?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    So the only explication for me it would be that icicles is bugged somehow with MC's
    I think you've hit it. It looks like it's making the compensation for the 72% base resil, but since you don't take damage like a player while MCed, you're getting a ridiculous Icicle. Neat bug.

Deleted
    Seems more like a bug than a real deal o.O