Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Paragons of the Klaxxi

So i'm the raidleader of a semi casual raiding guild.

Last wednesday we cleared all the way to SIegecrafter and we are going on him tonight. Knowing my group i think there is a good chance we will take him down and be on paragons tonight so i told my entire raid group to study up on that fight aswell.

Sitting down and looking through the dungeon journal for its abilities quickly had me shaking my head. I then went to watch the fatboss guide and i remember stopping at a specific point thinking "blizzard you seriously overdid it this time". The fact that there is 9 bosses with different abilities that come at different times and actually interact wit heach other differently is just to much imo.

I simply stopped watching the guide at the point where he started saying the abilities would interact differently with different bosses, sat back and asked myself if this shit was really worth it.

I realise that studying up for a boss is something thats good to do today for semi casual guilds as the bosses in general have a lot of abilities. But this is just to much of a chore. I simply refuse to sit down and use THAT much time to prepaire for a normal boss. this is not about the boss being hard. its simply about the boss having to many mechanics to be bothered with.

Blizzard you need to understand that having 200 mechanics in a fight does not make it more interesting.

I've allways hated these council type fights and i really hoped that with the 2nd boss in the raid we would have seen the council fight for this raid. I guess not.

/rant

It's easy, quit fucking crying bro. If you can kill siegecrafter then you should be able to get paragons down within a few attempts.

Don't get intimidated with the amount of mechanics, you can explain half the fight by saying "don't stand in shit".

We killed it in under 5 attempts even though it looked quite intimidating, you get a grasp on the fight very quickly.

Kill bloods, kill amber, stand in Aim line, stay out of stuff, kill the bugs dragging people, keep tanks alive..there, explained 80% of the fight.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    My ultra casual guild is still failing @ thok because they are undergeared ^^
    You should be happy that you even reached that boss.

The thing about them being in a different order every week was just for ptr testing purposes, so it will always be in the same order. And as posters above said its not really all that bad, the main mechanics you should pay attention to are: Aim(line which people get in to spread the damage) and Mesmerize(where someone gets 'mc'd' and you have hit the add at the side).
    And Korven's amber encasing ability is really the key to the fight imo, once you get past that is fairly easy from there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    It's easy, quit fucking crying bro. If you can kill siegecrafter then you should be able to get paragons down within a few attempts.
    Obviously you didnt get the point. Its not about the fight being hard or easy. Its about its accesability.

I know we wil lget the boss down. But i also know that half the raid group wont really ever undstand most of the fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop overthinking it. Because that's exactly what you're doing. I raid lead from ICC to the end of cataclysm, and you're not giving people enough credit. I did the same when I saw Heroic Yor'sahj at first.

You can honestly ignore half the mechanics, because they will occur so regularly or not change much that you can regard them as constants. No point thinking about something that is omnipresent, get used to it, that's called "life" or in a raid, your general actions. If you have a fight where the fire damages you, then "don't stand in the fire" shouldn't even be something you think about or concern yourself with, just don't do it.

Just try it and then if there's an issue, formulate a way round it. With Heroic Yor'sahj we sat down and drew up a table (I borrowed my sisters colouring pencils for clarity) and then we worked out that by worrying about the black ooze and adds, we were devoting brain power to something that was always there, so we just stopped caring about it. We knocked down this fight of 6 different adds, of which 4 would spawn, resulting in a large number of combinations, to only a handful - Spread, Stack, Cooldowns, AoE.

Try doing the same, even the most casual people can do this. Getting as far as you have in normal mode, you're not super casuals.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

You're able to burn down some of the bosses before they even cast their main ability if your DPS is good enough..
    Each boss really has 0-2 mechanics that everyone really needs to know. It isn't that bad when you put it that way. There's probably a condensed strategy somewhere.

You sound like a really good raidleader mate - I agree the journal is like "Omgwtf" but when you pratice the fight, it becomes simple and just a pattern in your brain... Basically what i'm saying is - The only reason you have a problem with it, or many people do for that matter is because your using a cheat sheet, where the abilties are listed in detail... When really it's pretty much;

- Some bosses leave a debuff on the target causing a different boss to do more damage - If i remember correctly The poisoned mind one, will debuff the target making windreaver (last boss) to do more dmg, if you fail to realise this, the tanks will be one shot probably. There are 4 bosses like this which act together, the two i said and 2 more... Read journal for the names

- Anyone stunned will need to alert it on Ts/Vent or w/e as pretty much every stun in the fight = MASSIVE DMG. Theres the tank stun (shield bash from korvan, CD the bashes) and a stun which makes anyone hit by one of the bosses charge ability type, to spin around doing massive dmg to anyone in range + yourself. Our rogue was taking massive dmg, without alerting you'll probably die.

If people get the blue debuff in the fight, you should stack at a set point...
    Fire lines - it will flicker to show people its incoming, you simply move out of the lines, people with lines should stand still unless it's positioned extremely badly.

Each boss can be interated with when dead - gain abilities.

Korvan - when hes active, any boss (including himself) that reaches 50% will be encased in amber, casting a 10 sec cast, if amber isn't bursted down, the boss heals to full. Note: if he heals to full - and gets 50% again, amber will come again. If you struggle with this ability kill Korvan ASAP to remove the ability from the fight.

SOme bosses do special attacks if the tank isn't using his active mitigation - Disector will spawn parasites - massive pain, as a pally i simply use Holy Avenger to keep Shield of righteous up 100%, focus him down first.

Aim - 1m+ dmg dealt to the person, split between anyone in the line of attack- when hit you have a small radius aoe dmg happen - so if u stack too close in the line, you'll take massive dmg. Spread out. Or immunity the aim. (heard this works, never tried)

Bloods - adds Reach boss = heals the lowest life boss for the amount of hp they have. Focus them down, slow, stun, but if you can kill the boss before they reach, ignore them, they'll end up healing a full lifed boss instead.

The fight is extremely intense on first few pulls, but you'll pick up tactics fast, think of it this way, every boss you get down is progress. When you see the 6th or so, you'll be getting the kill very fast. The fight is very easy once you have a few pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    not gonna lie. ive killed it pretty much every week and to this day I have no fucking clue whats going on *dog hitting keyboard looking up into la-la land* all i know is stun the first set of blobs kill the next set, get in the line to soak, dont stand in shit, keep away from kuchongs and dps it if it grabs someone, get away if you have the chain fire thing, and if you get one of the colors pop a cd when one of those guys cast this thing.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    I understand that most of the abilities arent really that important. And i understand that after some pulls you will start to see the pattern of what you really have to keep an eye on. What i dont understand is why this ability bloat of the bosses have to happen in the first place. Its frustrating to sit down and try to learn the boss. Especially as we in semi casual guilds have people who dont read up on bosses, and take longer to understand the fights.

Anyway i can see i am alone in this, at least on this forum. So i wont be using anymore of your time

Don't panic! It looks really intimidating on paper, but my guild found it much easier than expected, killing it in two attemps, even though we struggled with Thok (until we 1 tanked it).

They're the same order every week, now, unlike on the PTR, so it'll always be the same order when you fight them. The order is:
    Rik'kal, Hisek,and Skeer -> Ka'roz joins -> Korven joins -> Iyyokuk joins -> Xaril joins -> Kaz'tik joins -> Kil'ruk joins.

Most of the abilities boil down to "don't stand in shit."

The key abilities are:
    Everyone gets INTO the Aim line, but be in a line, not stacked on top of each other.
    Immediately swap to and burn down the Amber than Korven puts on <50% health Paragons- try to save CDs for it.
    People with the Blue catalyst debuff should find a buddy (ideally one with Yellow) and stack on them.
    DPS the add that is connected to the Mesmerized raider (don't need to kill, just do 30% of its health).
    Spread out when you get fire lines connecting you to people.

Tanks do need to know how to deal with the Shield Bash and which mobs shouldn't be tanked by the same person, but that's fairly simple- Shield Bash is just a tank swap as soon as it comes out.

My guild's kill order was (your mileage may vary):
    Rik'kal, Skeer, Hisek, Korven, Xaril, Kaz'tik, Iyyokuk, Ka'roz, Kil'ruk.

One of our tanks got rocked hard at the end, you could swap Iyyokuk and Ka'roz in the order to prevent having quite that many 10% damage increase stacks on him, along with having him and Kil'ruk active at the same time.

Personally, I think it's a really incredible lore fight that incorporates a ton of the iconic abilities from the Paragons quest line in Dread Wastes, plus the "feel" and flavor of each individual Paragon. I think it does them justice.

My guild was having a really hard time on Thok (for us). We raid two nights a week so we have limited progression each week. We managed to kill Thok on Thursday after a total of ~25 attempts over two weeks (screw that run back, so much time wasted). Granted we did it with just me (blood DK), our other tank, and our rogue still alive during the fire phase 1 at like 40 stacks. Anyway, went in to Siege Crafter and surprisingly downed him in 8 attempts. That fight also had a lot going on, but the fight is so short you just need to manage things for a couple minutes.

So we get to paragons with less than an hour left in our raid. We thought there was no way we could learn the fight and down it, but we buckled in to do what we could. 4 attempts later they were dead. I think 3rd or 4th easiest boss by attempt count for our group. It seems like if your dps is high enough to kill Thok, you can burn each boss fast enough that the mechanics are not nearly so important. As others have said, killing bloods, parasites, and ambers are super important, but as long as you can do those things and get the bosses down quickly, the fight is over before you know it.

TL;DR don't be discouraged by what the fight looks like on paper, the reality isn't nearly so bad.

Just wait 'til you get to Garrosh, then the real fun starts. My guild got stuck on Thok for a while, but got Siegecrafter and Paragons in a single raid night.

Garrosh is just crazy though. His ability bloat isn't as bad as Paragons, but unlike Paragons you can't really ignore ANY of the mechanics.

"I need to move because there will be an explosion at my feet, but I need to stand at a specific spot when he uses the next ground AoE attack (which happens RIGHT after the exposion), but I also need to make sure I can pick up the add that spawns from the explosion, but I also need to make sure I'm not picking up more than one add, but I also need to make sure I'm in healing range, but I also need to make sure I stay as far away from Garrosh as possible, but I also need to make sure that... *head explodes*"

It's absolutely brutal. The mechanics are fun, but the way they interact with eachother makes Garrosh normal mode WAY worse than previous end bosses. Hell, Deathwing was a JOKE on normal mode compared to this, as was Lich King.

A lot of the mechanic on this fight are for tanks, they need to know who and when to swap boss, dps just need to get out ot shit, move asap from the poison, dont get hit by the stun, soak the sniper attack, AND swap target ASAP for the amber. but if you burn your target to 60% and burn another to 50% the amber will be on the target with 50%, just use this time to burn your priority. This fight is easy.

It would be awesome if more people gave their kill order. Tbh, that's the thing that bothers me the most while studying the boss for when my raid will reach it.

Each one has about one mechanic you need to look out for and they aren't exactly they most complicated ones. You'll spend far more time explaining the other fights of this instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Our kill order every week has been

1-Rikkal(prevent parasite adds going ham with their stupid amounts of hp)
    2-Skeer(heals gotta go)
    3-Korven the Prime(we pop hero at 50% for amber)
    4-Hisek(Aim gotta go)
    5-Xaril(Poison just annoying)
    6-Kaz'tik(adds+mc gotta go!)
    7-Ka'Roz(high stacks)
    8-Kil'ruk(whiny tanks)
    9-Iyyokuk(doesn't do anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohly View Post
    Just wait 'til you get to Garrosh, then the real fun starts. My guild got stuck on Thok for a while, but got Siegecrafter and Paragons in a single raid night.

Garrosh is just crazy though. His ability bloat isn't as bad as Paragons, but unlike Paragons you can't really ignore ANY of the mechanics.

"I need to move because there will be an explosion at my feet, but I need to stand at a specific spot when he uses the next ground AoE attack (which happens RIGHT after the exposion), but I also need to make sure I can pick up the add that spawns from the explosion, but I also need to make sure I'm not picking up more than one add, but I also need to make sure I'm in healing range, but I also need to make sure I stay as far away from Garrosh as possible, but I also need to make sure that... *head explodes*"

It's absolutely brutal. The mechanics are fun, but the way they interact with eachother makes Garrosh normal mode WAY worse than previous end bosses. Hell, Deathwing was a JOKE on normal mode compared to this, as was Lich King.
    ? What is difficult about Garrosh? You literally stack and move from point A -> B when the weapon comes out and repeat. It's not an easy fight tuning-wise but it is one of the least mechanically complex fights in the instance.

Our kill order, if it helps is Rikkal, Skeer, Korven (get him and hisek to 50percent around the same time pushing hisek first so he puts the amber on him then BURN korven), Hisek, Xaril (lust), Iyyokuk, Kaztik, Kilruk, Karoz