Sweden guys here!!!!

Hi,

Im going to visit Sweden , Stockholm for a few days with my colleagues from work. Noone from us never been there before, so im asking people who has experience with Stockholm to recommend me a few places to visit. Our plan per day is probably visiting some historical stuff,try some sweden food, walking though city and at night party or course. So please people recommend me some nice places to visit and of couse some nice places to party. We will be there for 4 days so my question is also how much money should i take there? Were have euros here and actual currency is 1 € = 8.7988 SEK. Thanks for answers and i appreciate it.

Deleted
    Pffff, nothing to see in Sweden. Visit the old town ("Gamla stan") and take a walk there. I suppose you also would like to see the castle. Everything is close to the centralstation. Oh, and the Vasamuseum could be nice to visit aswell since you want to see something historical.

Nightlife in Sweden sucks I can't really give any suggestions there. Although people usually mention "Stureplan" as the street where the most clubs are.

There isn't really any restaurants serving "swedish food" either, just a mix of food from all around the world. (Doubt you want to eat real swedish food like kålpudding and kalops).
    Last edited by mmoc09820816eb; 2013-10-15 at 11:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gamla stan (old town) is nice even for people not in the history nerd genre, lots of history and alot of interesting shops. The museums are also awesome and they are open unlike the ones in the States mohahah.
    Unless your company will pay for all the dining and partying with its representation tab you should expect to bring alot of money.
    Sweden is among the more expensive countries in Europe to party.
    Boat sightseeing is also nice at least with a coat this time of year

http://www.visitstockholm.com/en/

That is a tourism oriented url for Stockholm that I've given previously to friends from abroad.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Thanks for answers, hope night life isnt that bad and aslo swedish girls

Try some swedish kebab pizza.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Try some swedish kebab pizza.
    No, just no. So greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    If you want to puke
    Kebab pizza with chips on it is the best pizza Ive had in Sweden so far. As Bakis said Sweden is expensive, especially drinking. Don't expect to be able to pick up cheap booze for a night in either, you need to go to Systembolaget (and have ID!) to buy alcohol for home consumption and it's dear. I'd honestly bring several hundred euros with you depending on how much your company is paying for and how much you plan to eat out etc.

Everyone talks English over here at least so don't panic, I believe Stockholm also has most of its signs in English so should be easy to navigate.

Deleted
    you need Swedish Girls,dont tell me you are not singel

Deleted
    Kebabpizza is the best food in the whole world

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yav View Post
    There isn't really any restaurants serving "swedish food" either, just a mix of food from all around the world. (Doubt you want to eat real swedish food like kålpudding and kalops).
    Ikea is somewhat Swedish

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    you need Swedish Girls,dont tell me you are not singel
    I just curious about swedish girls thats all Here in Slovakia are most beautiful girls in whole Europe so i know i can expect something worse

Deleted
    I'm not Swedish, but the old town is nice.

Scandinavian countries are probably the most expensive in Europe, so I would take plenty of money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fajer View Post
    Ikea is somewhat Swedish
    Haha, good point! I tend to always forget about IKEA. If you want to eat cheap, IKEA is the place to go. As Bakis and Xanjori have said it's really expensive to eat and drink out in Sweden. Your cheapest alternative is probably IKEA.... or McDonalds.

It's pretty cold in Sweden at the moment so the girls aren't as hot now as they are during summer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    I just curious about swedish girls thats all Here in Slovakia are most beautiful girls in whole Europe so i know i can expect something worse
    Considering male swedes are voted as #1 in beauty by travelers our girls is not your primary problem but what they are used to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Kebab pizza with chips on it is the best pizza Ive had in Sweden so far.
    Now why do I come to think of Man vs Food tv-serie
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    All subjective

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

Im going to visit Sweden , Stockholm for a few days with my colleagues from work. Noone from us never been there before, so im asking people who has experience with Stockholm to recommend me a few places to visit. Our plan per day is probably visiting some historical stuff,try some sweden food, walking though city and at night party or course. So please people recommend me some nice places to visit and of couse some nice places to party. We will be there for 4 days so my question is also how much money should i take there? Were have euros here and actual currency is 1 € = 8.7988 SEK. Thanks for answers and i appreciate it.
    Pretty sure you can just google on Stockholm and find out what you need.

Deleted
    if you want a nice place to drink beers, go to Medborgarplatsen (aka Medis), theres tons of chill bars around there

There is alot off night clubs in stockholm to enjoy and you should not have any problem finding girls there, other then that i cant think of anything to visit there. But im from skåne so i have not been to stockholm alot.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Money
    Try to not bring cash, or as few as possible. Locations for changing currencies in Sweden are scarce, and % fee for change is significant. Bank cards are used almost everywhere, except outdoor field events like faires and such.

Navigation
    Get resrobot or Stockholm Travel (STHLM travel) app for your Android or Iphone. These apps require internet access and find you fastest way from point A to B. Get tourist SIM with some $ on it, for easy internet access. They go as low as €17-20.
    Get offline maps for Sweden, just in case if you can't get internet or signal is bad. Openstreetmap has offline maps.
    Get online maps, like Google Maps.

Transportation
    If you are into museums, look for the stockholm card (on visitstockholm website) most likely you can find it in the tourist center in front of central station or elsewhere. It gives pass to nice places as well as public transportation access.
    If you don't care about endless boring museums, go to closest Pressbyrån in any subway station and get 3 or 7 day transportation card. Valid for all transport: buses, trams, trains, subway, commuter trains, and some other.
    You can rent a bike or segway but that's up to you, segways also are expensive.
    Taxi is expensive. Typical fare would start around €15 for few km, and rising quickly.

Food
    At lunch time typically 11am-2/3pm most places offer lunch starting at €7-8. Its possible to find a lunch place almost everywhere along larger streets.
    If nothing else works, a fast food place like Max, Burger King or McDonalds will help. Sadly no KFC here, I was very disappointed when moved here
    A typical evening price in a restaurant would be €15-30 and up.

Bars
    Stockholm bars are expensive. Typical food in the bar on evening or weekend would cost you from €15-20, beer €7 and up.
    Bars are everywhere, see Foursquare and to the less extent, Yelp (yelp is known to contain fake biased reviews).
    Sometimes bars like Debaser at Slussen have bands playing. Watch out for adverts.

Nice places to see
    Medbörgarplatsen, a square in Södermalm full of people and restaurants, also see street going between Medbörgarplatsen and north to Slussen, its full of bars.
    Grönalund amusement park in Djurgården. Sometimes they have some band playing in Groönalund, see adverts and their website.
    Gamla Stan (mentioned already)
    Sergels Torg, full of people, amusement and shady dealers. Don't even think of buying illegal stuff there, risk to lose money, also police may be very interested in your deal.
    Street going from Sergels Torg east (Hamngatan) to the seaside (Strandvägen) and Djurgarden, full of places to visit and eat at, Opera house, and nice view too.
    Street going from Sergels Torg north (Sveavägen) has some places to eat and to visit.
    Last edited by kvakvs; 2013-10-15 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    First tip: Use the subway. It's excellent and cheap.

Stureplan is a posh area in the central city/financial district. It has several upscale nightclubs where beautiful people congregate. Be prepared to stand in line before they let you in. (Exit subway at Östermalmstorg)

Södermalm or Söder is the south south side of the city. Here you will find a lot of different types of clubs. Rock, Dance, Biker bars, artsy fartsy places and generally a more relaxed attitude. (Exit the subway at: Folkungagatan.)

The "In" clubs changes all the time so I'm not sure where all the celebrities hang these days if that is your thing.

If you want a fun experience check out the bar Cliff Barnes in Vasastan. Just be sure you are there from 23:00-24:00hours. You don't want to miss when the clock strikes midnight (Exit subway at Odenplan 5 minutes walk)

The Vasa museum is well worth a visit (Exit subway at station Karlaplan; 10 minutes walk or take buss 44 to station Nordiska museet/Vasamuseet.)

The Old town is very popular with it's narrow alleys and old buildings. (Subway station: Gamla Stan)
    Djurgården is a beautiful area to visit during the summer. (Subway to: Tekniska Högskolan then buss 44 to Djurgården)

Kaknästornet is a television tower located at Gärdet which you can visit if you want a great view of the city. (Exit Subway at Gärdet)

Restaurant Gondolen at Slussen (Exit Subway at Slussen) is a very nice restaurant with a beautiful view of the city. Worth a visit even if you don't want to eat there.