Poll: Receipt with you or in the bag?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    9 times out of 10, I get asked if I even -want- the receipt. Which I don't, and they just throw it out. usually it ends up like this, otherwise.

1) Receipt is handed back with card, so I have to take it. Both get pocketed, and when I get home, pockets are emptied, and I usually end up throwing out 2-5 receipts a few days later

2) In the event of a restaurant, I just leave my copy with the signed copy

3) If it goes in the bag, I just throw it out with the bag when I get home

4) If I get handed it separately... I usually just throw it in the bag.

Needless to say, I don't keep my receipts.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Only if its needed for guarantee i will take it, otherwise i just say "No thanks". Stopped taking them since its useless piece of paper and it will clog the wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ask them if they could throw it away for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 times out of 10 it gets thrown away so I put it in the bag.

If it's expensive, or it has a survey that might get me a reward, I might keep it. Like I still have the receipt for my $200 bike (which is a cheap bike but $200 is a lot for my meager income.) Receipts from Target have a five minute survey where I could win a $25 gift card (and I have) and a potential for a $1500 gift card. May as well do the survey right?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys balance your check book if you throw away all your receipts <.<

OT: I keep all my receipts, otherwise my accountant (my dad) yells at me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never throw away my receipts. Has saved me money and a lot of hassle and I'm not very old.
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Fifteen trees are needed in order to make one ton of paper. The U.S. demands 640,000 tons of paper for receipts each year. This means that 9.6 million trees are cut down each year so people can get receipts that most will throw away promptly upon receiving them.

In addition to costing the planet millions of trees, it takes about 390 gallons of oil to produce one ton of paper. This translates to 249.6 million gallons of oil being used to keep up with the U.S.’s demands for receipt paper. As if that isn’t enough reason to discontinue producing this unnecessary waste, it also takes about 1.22 billion gallons of water to produce the receipt paper we use each year.
    http://forcechange.com/51699/stop-wa...r-on-receipts/

Eh we get asked if we want the receipt or not, and if we say no, it just gets thrown out. Where i live, we pack our bags ourselves. Only in clothes stores and IT stores and stuff like that you can get the receipt in the bag as they will pack it for you but... never in supermarkets. Usually I just throw the receipt away anyway. I got this wierd habit of adding everything together i buy, so the only times i ask for receipts in supermarkets is if they made a mistake with the price. Otherwise i only get it if i bought something expensive so i can trade it in/get my money back.

Deleted
    If buying groceries I just say "No thank you" when I'm asked if I would like the receipt. If shopping for clothes/shoes and other stuff I just shove the receipt down the bag, it usually gets thrown in the garbage together with the bag when I unpack my new stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grakey View Post

Everything is done online or through my phone. I really only carry cash for tipping.

My husband always asks for the receipt to be given to him, so that he can put it in our budget spreadsheet later. I have it put in the bag so that I remember to give it to him when I put stuff away.

Unless it's a higher ticket item (clothing/electronics/etc.) I just have them throw it out. What am I going to do with grocery/fast food/etc. receipts? I guess I do keep gas receipts, but that's more to keep tabs on how much I spend on gas every month and I just get those from the fuel pumps where I pay by card anyway.

I take the receipt and stuff it into a pouch on the inside of the car door. All my receipts for a month or so stay there, and then I throw them out if I don't need them. I figure by then the warranty on returning most items has passed.

Throw it in the trash for all I care. Unless I'm shopping for other people I don't even want the receipt.

I usually try to decline a receipt for 90% of my purchases. For the odd gift or item I may need to exchange, I like it with me so it doesn't get thrown away with the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on where you are in the world, many places don't let their staff place the receipts in the bag without asking first. Pretty much every shop I've been to it will be handed to me with the change.

The idea being that it allows me, the customer to examine the receipt and change in case of any discrepancies (short changed, wrong items, item count on receipt, etc.) before walking away. Once you leave you are in a weaker position if you have to come back, e.g. if an item was double scanned during your shopping, after leaving and coming back it can be quite difficult to prove this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grakey View Post

I pay 90% of my purchases via debit card, so it's all recorded on the bank statement, which I can access online. I keep an eye on that, no need for receipts.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care, it always goes in the trash once I get home anyway. Preferably the bag I guess, just one less thing for me to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always goes in the bag... well... it depends, actually. If I got my wallet in my hand, I shove it in there, lol.

But it usually goes in the bag.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I'll end up shoving the receipt in my back pocket, which after a day of shopping, gets quite full and annoying. I prefer it being thrown in the bag, that way if I want to return something the receipt is still in the same bag, and I don't have to worry about a load of paper in my ass.