10+ Year Old Account

What would make this next expansion the best expansion? *For the bored*

Im bored at work and have been playing around with some ideas on what would make this next expansion the best expansion for WoW. The point of this thread would be to get others thoughts and ideas on the subject.

Here are some Genereal Question you could answer and comment on. Get creative and lets see some cool idea and changes

-What storyline you would like to front run the expansion. You tell the story using existing lore to setup the expansion?

-Where would you like to go based on the story. Zones, Raids, etc?

-What new/old/existing features would you like to see/changed/removed from the game?

-Class/Spec/Race/Talent System changes you would like to be made or implemented.

-Item Level Squish or no?

-What changes to questing would you like to be made?

-What Graphical changes would you like to see and what are they?

-What changes would you make to current PvE or PvP system if any?

Throw out some of your ideas on what would make the this next expansion the best.

Here is what I would like to see:

-I would like to see Queen Azshara comes back with N'zoth for the next expansion. Queen Azshara is now even more powerful than she once was due to N'Zoth transforming her into a Naga and with that she has risen all the lands once sunk during the sundering forming a collection of lands near the malestrom. With Azshara naga following her, Azshara is looking to finish what she start with thrying to create a perfect Azshara world for her and her highborn and to exact her revenge on those that stopped her in the first place. So old lore char would come back with all new lore/looks and so on. N'zoth still has his own plans with the Emerald Nightmare. I would like the story to be around the Azshara/N'zoth storyline with some ties to the Emerald Dream and resurrection of some older lore char

-I would just like to see a new theme for these islands that we havent seen before. New way to get back and forth to them. I want to feel like I want to explore whats out there rather than just flying over it all. Tomb of Sargaras, Emerald Nightmare as raids would be really cool.

-LFR to be removed flat out. Guild Ships: like player housing where you can customize your ship for your guild and can gain certain perks for your ship by completed guild related events. It would end up where you could fit your guild ship with a crew/cannons/AH/Transmog and other stuff like that. You could roam the waters and have ship battles with other ships. Idk im rambling now but yeah guild housing bascially lol.

-Obviously new char models would be nice, but as far classes and specs. I really dont think any more classes are needed. I would honestly like to see Sub classes for each race. Plus ALOT more customization of of char with the new models. I would like to see the Talents system give more customization to players. I would like to feel that I can do things differently than others.

-Yes Item/Stat Squish would be nice

-When I am trying to level I do not want to feel as though I have to quest to level up quickly and effectively. I want to have more dynamic leveling. Make different aspects of the game give similar experience to the point people can choose how the want to level. Give bonuses and incentives to those who go out into the world and find hidden events or quest.

-I would like to see actual weather changes, maybe throw in a bad storm once in a while. Better textures for trees/water/etc. and I would like to see a new and interesting theme to the game. Water and storms and the deep sea, pirates.

-I would love to see more dynamic event in the world where groups need to form up for a big boss or maybe a pvp event that popped up in this territory. Raiding wise I would love to have raiding content be gated again. Give people a challenge and earn seeing the higher end content. Do not release the Flex for a raid until the next tier is out. Making having epic gear feel epic again and having a legendary feel unique and earned by the person who fought and worked to get it.
    Last edited by Snuglz; 2013-10-15 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not, i'll bite with my opinions

-What storyline you would like to front run the expansion. You tell the story using existing lore to setup the expansion?
    Burning Legion marches towards azeroth, Green Fire warlock event has done something there causing it to advance.

Back to Vash'jir to kill Queen Azshara & Nzoth
    Felwood's corruption spreading outwards to surrounding zones
    Outland is in chaos & mostly ruins, heros return to save it.

-What new/old/existing features would you like to see/changed/removed from the game?
    Removed/Changed: Void Storage (seriously I never use it)

-Class/Spec/Race/Talent System changes you would like to be made or implemented.
    More class alternatives: Example - Gnome Hunters, Worgen Shamans, Pandaren Druids, etc
    More minor glyph slots (purely cosmetic mostly, but I always have a hard time deciding)

Yes, very much so. Given how fast stats have been quadrupled from previous expansions, we will need it before numbers get too big

The ability to enter Phases regardless of quest completion.
    Example: Friend/Guildy is getting ganked, or you need to meet at a specific spot and you just happened to not do that particular quest, you should be able to hit a button to enter regardless.

New Models/Animations for all Races Pre-Cata.
    Revamp of Outland (if azeroth had it, outland should to)

A new mass-PvP zone such as Wintergrasp/Tol-Barad
    Another "Isle of Quel-Danas" daily section where PvP madness commences, this xpac's timeless isle has done some of that, but not to the extent I recall
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure we're not getting any of these, and most probably wouldn't work well, but ah what the hell:

N'Zoth and Azshara strike, revealing their agents among druids. Malfurion dies a dramatic death (OR DOES HE?) while opening a new path into the dream. Tyrande goes on an epic rampage of vengeance, aided by Jaina they create a more militant faction in the Alliance, putting Wrynn's leadership in question and straining the H-A relation, while creating tensions within Alliance itself. Meanwhile in Pandaria, the connection between the once-sheltered land and the Dream violently re-establishes itself, claiming Hellscream and Anduin in the process. Wrynn has no choice but to allow Tyrande and Jaina to lead the assault into the Dream.
    Meanwhile, Horde-side, tensions are still high. Sylvanas is fighting a desperate war against the Alliance, trying to protect newly taken Gilneas and Southshore from a joined human/dwarf couter-offensive. The wanton bloodshed is noticed by the powers that sleep beneath the earth - something stirs under old Lordaeron, ancient, hungry and powerful.

- Emerald Threshold: the Dream is inaccessible, blocked by the Nightmare, but patches of it become open, chaotic and in constant danger of collapsing
    - islands and ports in the South Seas: threatened by the growing Naga activity, they call for adventurers to aid them, offering fame and riches
    - patch 6.1 raid and larger zone - Naz'jatar, where Azshara suffers a classic setback, before fleeing into the Nightmare
    - patch 6.3 raid and zone: Azjol-Nerub revisited; as the mortal nations attempt to push back N'zoth they realize they need any and all knowledge they can gather, and the ancient Nerubians, once pawns of Old Gods, are now desperate enough to share it in exchange for military aid against Scourge remnants, faceless ones and anything else that slithers in from the depths. Raid: Siege of the Old Kingdom - first raid where we don't storm an enemy lair, but rather defend a city against powerful assailants.
    - patch 6.5 - the Crawling Nightmare and Nya'Lotha, the Black City - in which we physically enter N'Zoth, now fused with his city into one living entity, curiously Azshara is nowhere to be seen, but new revelations about the Titan-Old God conflict tie into the next xpack, Legion themed

nothing to remove
    keep things as they are Class/Spec-wise, add an end-game progression system like the dropped Path of Titans idea: basically introduce the paths of Loremaster (advanced by quests, gathering lore, reading/talking to NPCs and crafting epic items), Warbringer (advanced by Arena and RBG) and Defender (advanced by normal and flex raiding + CMs). These would be huge, branching quest chains, on the scope of the MoP legendary quest and much larger, offering rewards useful for the roles related to the 3 paths as well as (at higher tiers) titles, mounts, cosmetic gear and other rewards for people who play through the whole xpac's worth of content.
    yes, by a factor of 1000, so that a tank has 1k life, well-geared damage dealers do 200-300 dps et cetera
    more dynamic questlines (including dailies) a'la patch 5.1; I liked how that played out
    proper nights, new character models for sure
    things are fine as they are
    Throw out some of your ideas on what would make the this next expansion the best.
    it's about time for some guild stronghholds, where all guild members contribute to add new optional content for the guild (NPCs, building etc.); guild vs guild skirmishes and special guild-only bosses included. maybe introduce guild alliances, so smaller guilds can group up to keep up with the huge ones
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2013-10-15 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I'm pretty sure we're not getting any of these, and most probably wouldn't work well, but ah what the hell:

N'Zoth and Azshara strike, revealing their agents among druids. Malfurion dies a dramatic death (OR DOES HE?) while opening a new path into the dream. Tyrande goes on an epic rampage of vengeance, aided by Jaina they create a more militant faction in the Alliance, putting Wrynn's leadership in question and straining the H-A relation, while creating tensions within Alliance itself. Meanwhile in Pandaria, the connection between the once-sheltered land and the Dream violently re-establishes itself, claiming Hellscream and Anduin in the process. Wrynn has no choice but to allow Tyrande and Jaina to lead the assault into the Dream.
    Meanwhile, Horde-side, tensions are still high. Sylvanas is fighting a desperate war against the Alliance, trying to protect newly taken Gilneas and Southshore from a joined human/dwarf couter-offensive. The wanton bloodshed is noticed by the powers that sleep beneath the earth - something stirs under old Lordaeron, ancient, hungry and powerful.

- Emerald Threshold: the Dream is inaccessible, blocked by the Nightmare, but patches of it become open, chaotic and in constant danger of collapsing
    - islands and ports in the South Seas: threatened by the growing Naga activity, they call for adventurers to aid them, offering fame and riches
    - patch 6.1 raid and larger zone - Naz'jatar, where Azshara suffers a classic setback, before fleeing into the Nightmare
    - patch 6.3 raid and zone: Azjol-Nerub revisited; as the mortal nations attempt to push back N'zoth they realize they need any and all knowledge they can gather, and the ancient Nerubians, once pawns of Old Gods, are now desperate enough to share it in exchange for military aid against Scourge remnants, faceless ones and anything else that slithers in from the depths. Raid: Siege of the Old Kingdom - first raid where we don't storm an enemy lair, but rather defend a city against powerful assailants.
    - patch 6.5 - the Crawling Nightmare and Nya'Lotha, the Black City - in which we physically enter N'Zoth, now fused with his city into one living entity, curiously Azshara is nowhere to be seen, but new revelations about the Titan-Old God conflict tie into the next xpack, Legion themed

nothing to remove
    keep things as they are Class/Spec-wise, add an end-game progression system like the dropped Path of Titans idea: basically introduce the paths of Loremaster (advanced by quests, gathering lore, reading/talking to NPCs and crafting epic items), Warbringer (advanced by Arena and RBG) and Defender (advanced by normal and flex raiding + CMs). These would be huge, branching quest chains, on the scope of the MoP legendary quest and much larger, offering rewards useful for the roles related to the 3 paths as well as (at higher tiers) titles, mounts, cosmetic gear and other rewards for people who play through the whole xpac's worth of content.
    yes, by a factor of 1000, so that a tank has 1k life, well-geared damage dealers do 200-300 dps et cetera
    more dynamic questlines (including dailies) a'la patch 5.1; I liked how that played out
    proper nights, new character models for sure
    things are fine as they are
    it's about time for some guild stronghholds, where all guild members contribute to add new optional content for the guild (NPCs, building etc.); guild vs guild skirmishes and special guild-only bosses included. maybe introduce guild alliances, so smaller guilds can group up to keep up with the huge ones
    That would be an awesome story. They def have set-up Garrosh to do something bigger than he already has and Anduin is bound is mess something up.