elemental profession question

i'm sure this question is tied to a character's gear level and if a fight requires more burst, but in general, how much better are synapse springs and lightweave embroidery compared to static intellect boosts such as enchanting and leatherworking over the course of an entire fight? do synapse/lightweave combined with ascendance outweigh the benefits of static intellect, or is it a minor difference overall?
    Last edited by reef; 2013-10-15 at 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling boots instead of boosts :3

Not a big difference at all. One lava surge proc can sway your dps more. I go with Insc/Ench, two static intellects, because I don't care to worry about it. Besides, having long lines of lava surges randomly is unpredictable, so I'd go with static. Up to you really, doesn't make enough of a difference.

The on demand professions really are only better with specs that can horde energy and expel it when the want, which is any lock spec, frost/arcane mages, and fire mages by proxy etc. RNG-y classes like elemental are just too straight forward.
    Last edited by Zixan; 2013-10-15 at 06:53 PM.