Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Probably... maybe.... not sure.

Every now and again I get the inclination to go back to my Paladin as he's my former main, has all my vanity items, mog sets, exalted reps... basically everything of note I've collected since Vanilla, but I do really enjoy the Monk, and the Legendary cloak has stopped me main changing off him this late in the expansion.

That being said, I *might* go back to the Pally purely for OCD reasons. I don't know why, but it bothers me that my current main doesn't have all Quests completed and all reps at exalted. Every now and again, I try to re-do that stuff on the Monk, then my eyes bleed and I give up. BOA achievements are the only reason I was able to bring myself to re-roll, but even that might not be enough.

Deleted
    Have tanked on my monk through whole MoP, and played the other specs too. I'm gonna lvl another monk, a mistweaver so I can play it (have brm/ww on my main monk) and heal alt raids with it. So yeah, I'll probably stick with my monk next expansion.

Deleted
    Not sure, depends on how the class changes I suppose. It fits the theme in mists with a pandaren monk, but I really miss my undead/tauren characters. I'm all about looks and story for me when picking race, can't go e.g. undead monk. As for the class Brewmasters/windwalkers are a really fun to play, I'm almost stuck playing it simply because of how powerful Brm is atm (which is a bit sad...). I still haven't mainraided a caster since vanilla, and a prot warrior is also on the menu, missing my hunter... the list is long.

Gonna depend a lot on the setting of the exp pack and how they move classes forward, i'd say 50/50.

Deleted
    I've always played as tank in WoW with a warrior, druid (both very occasionaly), DK (main in cata) and now Monk Brm (switched when panda land launched).
    From all tank classes i've played the Monk BrM is certainly the most fun tbh !

I'd prefer to play monk though it depends on our raid team setup tbh. Even now I might have to switch temporary to my prot paladin due our holy pala being too busy with taking care of his baby. Though I have admit, in the terms of fun monk > paladin.

tryed to play other classes again - can't live without roll anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    I, personally, find it hard to get them to 10. I hope they get funner later 'cause I'd really like to have one.
    You cant judge the monk class if you havent even reach level 10 which doesnt even take a freakin hour.

I'm switching to a rogue or a flavor of the expansion caster next tier (warlocks this expac).

It's just too hard to justify your raid spot in high-end Heroic raiding as a melee without a raid cooldown.

Deleted
    Will most likely switch from MW to a ranged DPS spec, though this kind of depends on two things:

- Whether a new ranged DPS class is announced
    - Absorbs (Discipline in particular) gets changed

To elaborate on the second point, I two heal in a 10 man and it's fine for progression but come any farm bosses or as soon as she gets some extra gear it's quite possibly the most boring experience in WoW - 35% diving Aegis and 25% Power Word: Shield doesn't exactly leave me with much to do... at least I can DPS to speed things up.

Deleted
    I switched from rogue in Cata to BrM in MoP. Class is super fun, love mobility and LIKE WATER theme, but I am pissed off by blizz bad design work and latest nerfs. I hate those dumb red numbers in my char screen and also I think that few cds need to be reworked from scratch. Like Zen med is working on what, 3 fights in all expansion? Avert Harm can kill you in 25 man if you don’t chain it with another 3min cd. TBH I love my monk, but I am exping prot war right now, will see who will be my main in next xpac. In terms of raid utility, they are slowly removing what was our biggest benefit to raid – our dmg and with it, our guards from statue. If we will be equal to other tanks (dmg wise) in next xpac, then there will be no point of taking monk as tank. And one last thing, those fist weapons animations need to be fixed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason I would stop playing Monk is if a new healer class was introduced, which I doubt.

God no, this expansion has been horrendous.

Deleted
    I am not very sure tbh. I, like some of you, really loved the idea painted pre MoP about a melee healer needing to do attacks in order to heal his friends. Sadly, its not been as wonderful it (in my head) sounded like.

I like my monk, (play a mistweaver only btw) due to the fact its very mobile. I have high hopes for the spec/class and I sincerely hope with the upcoming expansion and rumoured balancing post 5.4.1 will solve many of our issues. Plus I hope they will revamp how healing works, absorbs and smartheals are lazy shit!

I was playing monk as healer as my main char since 5.0, but changed back to resto druid with 5.4.
    I really liked the uniqueness of the healer who has two "healing modes", doing noticable damage and still good healing when fistweaving, and I cannot complain about general HPS issues even after the revival nerf.
    But what I really grinds my gear is that I can hardly determine who to heal. This is mainly a thing in 10 player raids. Everything is "smart".
    During farmraids this is something I miss now on my druid, but on the other hand having total control over who you heal really is a relief.
    I also don't like that mastery is such a wasted stat for the MW. It feels just as worthless as crit on the druid before cata, and getting an update with mastery on it doesn't feel like a real upgrade.

I predict they will drastically rework MWs with 6.0, and I am fairly certain with the trend to blizzards homogenization he will play much more like the other healing classes. Perhaps I will return to the monk then.

Deleted
    Only MW Monk in my 25man raid, so most likely will, unless they're complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I'll be switching away depending on whether or not they embrace the melee healer ideology again, that was the reason I started mistweaver and I'm not happy with how the class has devolved the last 2 patches.
    This!

Also absorbs is king so either that goes or there's no reason for anything but absorbs and damage mitigation on your healing roster. Monks really need their own "beacon" to shine and be brought in for and if they cant see that then this is likely a dead spec in the future for progression raiding unless by a miracle they completely revamp the class to have quick smart heals and strong cds to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I'll be switching away depending on whether or not they embrace the melee healer ideology again, that was the reason I started mistweaver and I'm not happy with how the class has devolved the last 2 patches.
    So much this. MW is still decent, but it's gone downhill badly. Fistweaving is awesome, when/if you can do it, but some fights really don't lend themselves to it.

IIRC, Affinchi ended up switching to his druid for Blood Legion's first H Garrosh kill, and I'd have to assume it's because he could put heals where he wanted them and didn't have to rely on spamming Renewing Mists (with the resulting overhealing and wasted mana, often on full health raiders) in order to have uplift targets who may or may not be the people who really need healing at the time. Same with the random nature of where the healing globes spawn and the set bonus (yuck).
    Currently on my MW I feel like I'm throwing heals around and just hoping it hits the right target.

I switched from Holy Pally to MW Monk with 5.4. The mobility of monk is just so damn enjoyable. I do however agree with other people about the randomness of the "smart" heals and not being able to spot heal exactly what we want. The pally is a lot better in that regard to keep up tanks. I do hope they fix the stupid mastery.

I might switch to a full dps class next exp tho, depending on my guild.

Deleted
    Personally I don't like the monk that much, but it is true, that it is the most unique class (hunter as ranged physcial DD with pets is pretty unique, too)

And why wouldn't they still play them? Deathknights are played still, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an altoholic. I have 11 90s and I've always had all classes at max. I switch from expac to expac depending on the class changes. This time Monk was the brand new shiny toy and it has been a lot of fun playing the monk so far. If they don't ruin the class or they don't introduce a new shiny toy for me to play with I might stick with it.