Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Since being sold off, MMO champ never leaks anything?

I used to love MMO champ for all the leaks etc. but it seems that since it got sold off, it no longer leaks or does any breaking news any more. It's simple become an outlet which copy pastes blizzard announcements and blizz interviews with other websites.

Does anyone else feel like MMo champion has lost it's edge? More breaking news and leaks are done in China and other wow based sites than MMO champ! Even wow dev interviews etc all go to other sites and MMO champ just reports them afterwards. Do you feel MMO champ is not as good as it used to be before being sold of. Now it just seems to be a mouthpiece of blizzard instead of the glorious years when MMO-champ would find news before anyone else and people could not get on the site because the load would be through he roof.

Ps: To all people posting in this thread (including the admins), when was the last time you saw MMO champ deliver a news that was not already available on official WoW site or an interview which was on multiple sites before MMO champ? When was the last time you remember MMO-champ actually "breaking" news or doing some real journalism?
    Last edited by igame; 2013-10-16 at 11:56 AM.

I think you're exaggerating a little but I do know what you mean.

I'm pretty sure MMO was one of the first sites to break/leak "The Derp Below"
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    But then they covered it up.

And yes, I agree with the OP, now its just payed by Blizzard to keep stuff quiet. Dark Below is the best example, "LOOK ANYONE CAN FILE A TRADEMARK HURR HURR HURR"

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    I used to love MMO champ for all the leaks etc. but it seems that since it got sold off, it no longer leaks or does any breaking news any more. It's simple become an outlet which copy pastes blizzard announcements and blizz interviews with other websites.

Does anyone else feel like MMo champion has lost it's edge? More breaking news and leaks are done in China and other wow based sites than MMO champ! Do you feel MMO champ is not as good as it used to be before being sold of. Now it just seems to be a mouthpiece of blizzard instead of the glorious years when MMO-champ would find news before anyone else and people could not get on the site because the load would be through he roof.
    It never "leaked" anything.

PTR wasnt as famous back then, data-mining was new and exciting, blue tracking didnt exist.

And there werent things like Twitter/Facebook bla bla, to auto-track therefor it seemed like a "leak" to you, but it was something you werent used to, therefor anything was a "leak", which was basic information if you had knew where to look.

Mmo-Champion got famous from data-mining late TBC/WoTLK beta when it was allowed by Blizzard white it pre-existed for awhile.

In all seriousness, worldofraids.com usually had much more info than mmo-champion did, but this site somehow dominated, probably because it looked simpler and less Grayish.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-10-15 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    But then they covered it up.

And yes, I agree with the OP, now its just payed by Blizzard to keep stuff quiet. Dark Below is the best example, "LOOK ANYONE CAN FILE A TRADEMARK HURR HURR HURR"
    Holy Khaz, you're serious, aren't you?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is quiet when there is no real new information to give us. You will see it will pile on when Blizzcon comes. Boub will have a lot of things to do by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well guess we'll have our answer when and if it turns out to be a clever ruse, or the real deal. But yeah maybe it's the end of expansion blues, there's always a period like this. You forget how much shit MMO champion does expose the second a new expansion IS announced. All the early data that gets put on live to prepare for the new systems. Textures. Dialogue, items.

At the moment everything that will be released for Mists is...well kinda done, unless that supposed 5.5 patch has more to it than is being let on.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post

Does anyone else feel like MMo champion has lost it's edge? More breaking news and leaks are done in China and other wow based sites than MMO champ! Even wow dev interviews etc all go to other sites and MMO champ just reports them afterwards. Do you feel MMO champ is not as good as it used to be before being sold of. Now it just seems to be a mouthpiece of blizzard instead of the glorious years when MMO-champ would find news before anyone else and people could not get on the site because the load would be through he roof.
    Perhaps it's because there is nothing to leak? If there's nothing to leak then would you prefer things just be made up? Thing is as the years move on more and more resources are available so everything is more mainstream at once rather than being released early by some sites thus giving the "Leaked" look. Unfortunately there's really nothing to leak until the time comes on.

You don't think if someone from Blizzard leaked information out that their job would be gone?

I wouldn't really expect to see anything till either the week before or of Blizzcon as things might be slowly let out of the bag due to itineraries and such. November 8th/9th is when floodgates will be opened with information and things start flowing.

The only real difference I have seen is what people consider leaks. Back in the day if you were data-mining new models or zones you were leaking some pretty big stuff. Now it would be abnormal not to have that as soon as it was added to the game code. MMO-Champ has always *officially* been more about data mining and blue posts anyhow. There just aren't that many major things to leak about one game.

10+ Year Old Account
    you mean its not real!? /crushed /s derp below was a hoax by mmo

but there isnt anything to leak and blizzard only puts out what they want us to know. Blizz knows we are are blood hounds and anything they release they know it will be mined up so they know what to put out, its not leaking if they give it to you.
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-10-15 at 09:06 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

It is entirely possible to plug leaks, fyi. Just saying. In a business sense, it isn't hard to find out where the leak came from and deal with the matter.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    MMO champions is just a random discussion board these days. I remember Blizzard told them to stop posting leaks and they did.

100% agreed with OP, been a while actually since I first started noticing it.
    Oh and while we're at it - die Darsithis!

- - - Updated - - -

But the question remains, is there english forum that actually leaks stuff, not just bans members for no reasons?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-10-15 at 09:48 PM.

When you become such a big fansite like this, of course the officials are going to take notice of you, and of course Blizzard will keep them at gunpoint if they leak anything. I don't really blame the site for it, though I do miss stuff like the big Cata leak, but that was only once per new expansion anyways. Just keep your patience up, the time is almost due anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    But the question remains, is there english forum that actually leaks stuff, not just bans members for no reasons?
    More than likely not as there is nothing to leak. There are places for speculation as that is all anything is unless Blizzard releases it. Blizzard has gotten pretty good at knowing how to plug up the leaks over the years. Think about it they knew everyone wanted to see the cinematic to Garrosh and they plugged it up so no one saw it until the first kill.

People need to understand that leaks != speculation and that if there was something to leak it'd be all over various WoW related websites.

MMOC was sold off?

Someone better let Bibi know.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz can't stop them from leaking.

But Blizz can figure out who was doing the leaking and fire them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't you rather be surprised then know everything at the end? Sheez..
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wouldn't you rather be surprised then know everything at the end? Sheez..
    Honestly there should have been a leak.

We've become far too polarized, and there's weeks to go yet before the reveal.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)