Poll: Would you buy the 2 pizzas for the price of one even if you only want 1?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Near-freeze microclimate machines
    hahaha, just that description is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    hahaha, just that description is hilarious.
    No, the OP's dilemma is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I do believe OP is living a very good life. Probably fairly privileged, and stable if ,with all the things wrong in the world, THIS causes him issues.
    You're not far wrong, however at the moment I'm in a neutral state of happiness, not happy, not depressed, not stressed, life rolls on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Nice poll options. Where are the ones that support buy one get one as a good deal. You do understand they make you buy one to promote sales rather then just marking all of them in half. They get more money doing this and move more product clearing the way for new items.
    I thought about putting more poll options like "leave one out for the foxes" etc. but where do you stop?

This thing about promoting sales is the fallacy, OK I looked up fallacy before posting and maybe it's the wrong word like some have mentioned but it's the closest word I could think of. I can't see how it promotes sales to the above average IQ thinking citizen we see right through it and it's false (fallacy) it just makes me not buy it instead of the other way round.

It's like the seller doesn't want to see eye to eye with you, they've set it in stone and you can't argue with them I've tried and the answer is no. I see many other products especially meat products recently that are actually reasonably priced if you buy 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 but it's prohibitively expensive for me to just get one which is all I want because the rest will just go off.
    Get a freezer.
    My freezer is the ice compartment of the fridge it's not very big but it does have fish, vegetables and some burgers in there which I bought when they were on a half price offer whoopee!
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2013-10-16 at 02:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And store brand products usually suck. Often times store branded items are the ones the brand name companies deemed not good enough for their brand, so they rebrand them as store branded items. The only store brand stuff Ill buy is like paper plates, plastic silverware, and milk. If you buy a bag of frozen peas, the store branded ones will be bigger (less tender) and often contain a few stems. Store branded frozen pizzas in particular often have imitation cheese. Store branded ice cream and bread both are much more full of air and less dense so they can fill the package with less product.
    In many cases the store brand stuff is the exact same thing and the ingredients nor quality differs at all. The examples you gave, yeah, I'd buy the name brand, but for many items, over the counter medications especially you save a lot of money. A name brand bottle of pain killers can go for over $20, meanwhile the store brand is $4 and the ingredient list including fillers is the same.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Pizza is good cold. Silly person you are, OP.
    Great minds think alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see both being used. Get 2 for 1, or reduced price before expiration day. My local food market puts -30% on many of it's products that are about to expire.

Usually, the grocery store here gives you half price if you just buy one of a "buy one get one free" item. They don't advertise that it'll work that way, but that's what they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    In the supermarket the other day I'm looking for something to get for lunch and I see a nice pizza on the shelf for £3.50 then just as I'm about to put it in my basket I see that it's one of those buy one get one free offers but here's the fallacy. I only want one. I will not have time or the inclination to eat both before the second one goes off, it will just sit in the fridge while I'm away on an excursion.

So why do supermarkets do this? If they want to shift stock why not make it half price instead of 2 for 1? It makes absolutely no sense and all it does is piss people off who are on a tight budget because they cannot benefit from the deal and they actually sell less of that item.

You might well say seeing as you were going to buy one anyway why not just get two and be done with it, you haven't lost out? The point is that you are being given the shaft so you don't bother buying any at all. People who actually want two will be getting a deal while you are definitely not.
    If you're not in the targeted audience of this particular offer, well, that's sad for you, and I'm pretty sure the supermarket/manufacturer don't care at all about your particular case. What they care about is marketing, and overall, these offer sells way more than a 50% discount. Most people have the impression they get more when being offered +100% product rather than when they get -50% discount.

So well, your choice, either ignore the offer and buy something else, or simple buy one, or buy one and give the free one to someone else, many options there. But saying they are losing customers is the real fallacy here, overall, they gain more than the few exceptions you're part of.

(These topics about entitlement gets boring after a while)

You've got your argument wrong, I see what you're trying to say, but you've not done a very good job.

Firstly, a simple Buy One Get One Free offer isn't a fallacy, it is typically a very good offer. For example, my local Pizza Store lets me get one Pizza of the same size as my original free if I come and pick it up. That isn't costing me any extra money.

However, if you need to spend more money to get the Buy One Get One Free, then you're starting to lose out. Just because one is free, doesn't mean you'll use it, or even need it. The extra £5 you'll spend (as an example) to get a free one may seem worth it, but overall you're still spending £5 more.

Big difference between those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freeze the second one and eat it another time.

Deleted
    How some people can just leave a free Pizza is beyond me.

You people disgust me.

It wouldn't go bad so this poll is a fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

He really should post this in the first world problems thread.

First World Problem =/= Fallacy
    Stay salty my friends.

I'd sit the leftovers from the first as well as the second pie on the table in the kitchen, one/both of the roommates will eventually get after it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    How some people can just leave a free Pizza is beyond me.
    It's their money. If they don't want it, for whatever reason, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    You're not far wrong, however at the moment I'm in a neutral state of happiness, not happy, not depressed, not stressed, life rolls on.

I thought about putting more poll options like "leave one out for the foxes" etc. but where do you stop?

This thing about promoting sales is the fallacy, OK I looked up fallacy before posting and maybe it's the wrong word like some have mentioned but it's the closest word I could think of. I can't see how it promotes sales to the above average IQ thinking citizen we see right through it and it's false (fallacy) it just makes me not buy it instead of the other way round.

It's like the seller doesn't want to see eye to eye with you, they've set it in stone and you can't argue with them I've tried and the answer is no. I see many other products especially meat products recently that are actually reasonably priced if you buy 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 but it's prohibitively expensive for me to just get one which is all I want because the rest will just go off.

My freezer is the ice compartment of the fridge it's not very big but it does have fish, vegetables and some burgers in there which I bought when they were on a half price offer whoopee!
    How about the it is a good deal and not a fallacy option or if you only want one take one and pay for it, they aren't charging you extra you just don't seem to want the deal they are giving you. You must have a really awesome life if your big problem is that somebody wants to give you something for free and that is your issue of the day.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't understand OP's logic..

Stores use things like BOGO so people will think "oh I just saved X amount of money by getting something for free so I have X amount more I can spend" thus increasing what what have been a single item sale to a 3+ item sale.

Deleted
    Hey, OP.

Instead of whining on the internet that the whole marketing, planning, logistics, storage and distribution departments don't try to think of ways to suit you and only you.. how about you buy 2 pizzas for the price of one you were going to buy anyway.. and give the extra one to a homeless person?

Put the other one in the freezer?