Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't fear getting hurt by most insects/arachnids so much as the thought of them on my skin makes me really uncomfortable. I hate the feeling of those little, sometimes hairy legs.

Then if you blow them up to larger sizes, I'm afraid of them because they're hella ugly. Looking at mandibles in particular just freaks me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm not afraid of spiders...

And Kripparrian lets them live in his room and scurry around on his desk while hes gaming.

Not sure where you are getting your info.
    That's because he doesnt leave his house, the poor guy looks like he needs a dose of Vitamin E.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    Because they're gigantic monsters!

http://i.imgur.com/5wg7AWE.jpg
    That's an ozzie huntsman spider. Many Australians like em as they are harmless to people and catch annoying bugs and shit.
    Anyone having fear of spiders just come to Australia, I guarantee you'll be cured.

Quote Originally Posted by haloa View Post
    That's an ozzie huntsman spider. Many Australians like em as they are harmless to people and catch annoying bugs and shit.
    Anyone having fear of spiders just come to Australia, I guarantee you'll be cured.
    Or die from shitting your pants while having a heart attack.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I am more afraid of wasps and yellow jackets than spiders. Where I live there arent really any nasty spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Or die from shitting your pants while having a heart attack.
    Ah well, cured one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by haloa View Post
    Ah well, cured one way or another
    Better than the Brazilian Wandering Spider at least. Where its bite causes uncontrollable priapism and the blood vessels in your dick explode.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

"It" was a spider, when it wasn't in clown-form.

Normal spiders are no problem.. but wait until you encounter this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO EVERYONE STHAP! THE ALIEN IS TRYING TO LEARN OUR WEAKNESSES TO OVER THROW US. No but seriously Humans have a natrual fear of anything thats creepy. And creepy is diverse depending on people. Also not every Human is scared/freaked/grossed out by them.

I agree they are a little creepy, but I do not get freaked out around them. My mom goes nuts though!

I'm not scared of spiders in general. I do find them freaky and creepy but in a fascinating way. Of course, when you run around the corner of a building straight into a web 3 feet wide and a spider you've never seen before in your life is now sitting on you chest, that's reason enough to get worked up a bit. It was a spiny orb weaver, yellow and black. Completely harmless, but man do they look freaky.
    If you do a google image search for spiny orb weaver, the one that landed on my chest was very similar to the yellow and black one in the first row of images.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind small spiders too much, as long as they stay out of my direct sight and don't jump on me. Big spiders on the other hand, fuck those things. Have one of those jump on me and I'll cry like a little girl for the next 30 minutes.
    I absolutely hate spiders and most other insects as well. Same story for scorpions, snakes, etc...

I'm actually the opposite. I hate crickets, grasshoppers, cockroaches, moths, and butterflies the most. Specifically the first three :P I like spiders (just as long as they stay away from me) because they eat said bugs. They hop on you, at you... they look creepy as hell... with those legs. Or they're HUGE. Plus... they eat each other. /shudder

Spiders are a pretty welcome sight with how much I hate insects. Only spiders I'm weary of are black widows and brown recluses. When I lived in rural TX, they were pretty normal. Hell, I got stung by scorpion (twice), which hurt like a bitch! And I still like those better.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they are disgusting...i can't stand them..tired all the natural things to repel them eg conkers, lavander, spearmint but they still find a way into my room...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Because they're fucking 8 legged assholes.

I have an intense disliking of spiders, not all, just bigger ones. When I was younger, we lived in this older condo block and it had these very large oak trees around the properties. They were a haven for big ass I don't even know what they were, I was like 5 at the time. Leg span was probably close to 3-4 inches though. Anyway, getting up in the morning, it was a gamble if there would be one on my bed, or one that would race out from under the bed as I put my feet down. At night time, you could hear them scuttling along the floor, especially in the kitchen. Or the giant asshole that ran out from under my bed then sat in the middle of the room, staring at me with it's fuckin' legs in the air.

We didn't stay there very long at all.

Fuck spiders in the fucking head.

Oh and Black Widows, I get those too.

Fuck spiders.
    Stay away from South Florida in the late summer. We have these

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm female.. I actually like spiders. I love WoW's spiders. Though my sister freaks out over spiders... she once freaked out over what turned out to be a plastic spider from that decorative web stuff for Halloween. A loose one that turned up alone off season. She as usually ran to get me to take care of it. I had a good laugh at her expense.

The only ones that freak me out a bit are like the one I came across in the kitchen sink on a recent early morning... THAT one was far larger than most house spiders I've seen. BUT. I do take care of it myself, even if it freaks me out I still get it outside (I don't even kill it) myself.

Now liking spiders doesn't mean I want to HOLD most of them... yeah no thanks, only little ones please. The fuzzy ones can be a little bigger, but the hairless leggy ones can only be very small if I'm going to hold it. But really I don't freak out over spiders and think some tarantulas are cute. As a stereotypical girl I gotta have my collection of stuffed animals, but some of which are also spiders.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-10-17 at 12:58 AM.

We should be terrified of mosquitoes instead of spiders...

Where I live, some of them can bite you without you even knowing and the wound will leave you with extensive tissue damage. Enough to be permanently scarring. I say that's reason enough not to like them, let alone fear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Stay away from South Florida in the late summer. We have these
    I had one of those build a massive web between my car and tree while I was at the supermarket. And I was only at the store for less than 15 mins...
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2013-10-17 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I had one of those build a massive web between my car and tree while I was at the supermarket. And I was only at the store for less than 15 mins...
    Kayaking in Oleta State Park. When you head out into Biscayne Bay, you go through mangrove areas. If you look up it is like going through a tunnel of Banana spiders (the ones I linked). It absolutely terrifies me as I am sure they will drop down and attack. Some of them are bigger than your hand.