AV ... Wintergrasp etc

Alterac Valley in Vanilla was an epic battle. Epic Battles 40 vs 40, towers being burned, bosses being killed, monsters being summoned.... LOK, riders, druids, sooo many things to do in AV it was an incredible experience. Why does this idea of 40 vs 40 die with a zerg mentality. Blizzard had the perfect idea but let it die. Re make these epic battles and let them be a long and unending battles. Have the towers go back up if someone "finishes" the quest. Bring back wintergrasp in a 40 v 40 que like battle or 100 v 100 que like battle. These epic battles of taking over a keep or buring towers is what the MMO world needs. Attacking castles and people defending them. It seems the cap the flag or cap the area type bgs are coming to a boredom end. Help me out, why would blizzard not see that grand battles is one OPTION that many people could find entertaining. Take AV off the BG list, and move it into a different category of real 40v40 battles. Real objectives and real play.

Thanks

Deleted
    yea I enjoyed them days, I used to love WG too.... PvP died with the lich king tho by the looks ;p
    everything now is catered for the flash in a pan, cba to wait and hang around, I want my epics now crowd....
    all pvp zones should be updated by level ;p WG, TB, arathi and southshore etc, nagrand etc.... do it blizz come on....

Because random BGs aren't "endgame" PvP anymore. Arenas or RBGs are now. Yeah it was fun a couple times to get into the same AV days later, but now a days it doesn't make sense to sit in BGs longer when they are just a stepping stone into the "real endgame."

It would be like Blizzard making Heroics like Shatter Hall heroic.. 1 Tank, 2 CC DPS and 2 healers. It serves no purpose but to hold people up from the end game.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp and Tol barad are updated and work fine, problem is nobody goes. They need thier rewards increased, more honor for taking part, make it more than a regular bg as there are only so many battles a day.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Blizzard needs to take notes from Gw2's WvW and create their own version of it.

You may be in luck. Blizzard is considering taking ioc/av/wg/tb and putting them into a separate queue for players who want longer battles.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7149891?page=1

All relevant information and details are linked within that thread including tweets from the devs and more.

The other day I got royally pissed at AV. I watched my offense turn around and ride back to SHB from the top of the map. That's when I realized that AV and IoC are bot fests.

So, I fired up fraps and started recording. I found 15 player conga lines, watched dozens of players run into the same pole in the spawn cave, etc. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if half the toons, probably 2/3, in some games, are botting. I 100% guarantee you it's a third on the Horde side. I don't have an alliance toon so I don't know what it's like there and I'm not paying for a faction change to find out.

And since I'm pretty sure there's more than one bot program on the market my numbers could well be low but they aren't overstated.

You can't have old school AV with a team of bots, and right now, you have nothing but bot teams in there.

As an aside, I haven't figured out how to hide my real name on Google. I like how the video came out but figure it probably wouldn't be a great career move to be Googled and have WOW come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    You may be in luck. Blizzard is considering taking ioc/av/wg/tb and putting them into a separate queue for players who want longer battles.

All relevant information and details are linked within that thread including tweets from the devs and more.
    I expect they will make an announcement about this at Blizzcon.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Wintergrasp and Tol barad are updated and work fine, problem is nobody goes. They need thier rewards increased, more honor for taking part, make it more than a regular bg as there are only so many battles a day.
    WG and TB have VERY nice rewards atm - if you win, 500 honour for 15 mins in TB and 400 honour for maybe 20 mins in WG, plus an extra 200-300 for the weekly quest(s). If your faction dominates, it's very easy honour - often there's no actual PvP. It must be awful if your faction is dominated. You can only do it once every 2-3 hours, but per minute, it's one of the most lucrative sources of honour (much better than random BGs, but less than an AV call to arms, I'd say). The problem is, it's quite quick to get full honour gear and then no incentive for real PvPers to continue. It used to be great for fast starter gear for PvE, but Timeless Isle is a quicker way of gearing alts.

I'm looking forward to Bliz including TB and WG with IoC and AV as a large BG bracket. Lots of pvpers hate them, but as a PvEr who likes to dabble in pvp, I find them all rather fun. They feel more strategic and less arena like than some smaller BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by walkingtall View Post
    The other day I got royally pissed at AV. I watched my offense turn around and ride back to SHB from the top of the map. That's when I realized that AV and IoC are bot fests.

So, I fired up fraps and started recording. I found 15 player conga lines, watched dozens of players run into the same pole in the spawn cave, etc. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if half the toons, probably 2/3, in some games, are botting. I 100% guarantee you it's a third on the Horde side. I don't have an alliance toon so I don't know what it's like there and I'm not paying for a faction change to find out.

And since I'm pretty sure there's more than one bot program on the market my numbers could well be low but they aren't overstated.

You can't have old school AV with a team of bots, and right now, you have nothing but bot teams in there.

As an aside, I haven't figured out how to hide my real name on Google. I like how the video came out but figure it probably wouldn't be a great career move to be Googled and have WOW come up.

This is the main problem, honor should be rewarded for time spent, plus actual accomplishments like capping a flag.,,.., i want a long ass battle.,.,,.but you are right ,.,.,.i as well want to be rewarded like i was in 4-6 bgs .... if a bg take 15 minutes to complete in general, then a long ass battle that takes hours should get the same type for every 15 min

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    WG and TB have VERY nice rewards atm - if you win, 500 honour for 15 mins in TB and 400 honour for maybe 20 mins in WG, plus an extra 200-300 for the weekly quest(s). If your faction dominates, it's very easy honour - often there's no actual PvP. It must be awful if your faction is dominated. You can only do it once every 2-3 hours, but per minute, it's one of the most lucrative sources of honour (much better than random BGs, but less than an AV call to arms, I'd say). The problem is, it's quite quick to get full honour gear and then no incentive for real PvPers to continue. It used to be great for fast starter gear for PvE, but Timeless Isle is a quicker way of gearing alts.

I'm looking forward to Bliz including TB and WG with IoC and AV as a large BG bracket. Lots of pvpers hate them, but as a PvEr who likes to dabble in pvp, I find them all rather fun. They feel more strategic and less arena like than some smaller BGs.
    I well aware of the current rewards, as I go myself at least once a week. I find though, nobody else goes and this is sad. I guess the reward is not enough for them and they just que random bg or they are not even aware that wg and tb were updated for 90.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

I well aware of the current rewards, as I go myself at least once a week. I find though, nobody else goes and this is sad. I guess the reward is not enough for them and they just que random bg or they are not even aware that wg and tb were updated for 90.
    The problem is honor quickly becomes superfluous after the start of the season. Random BGs at least give 50 CP on a win.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

On my server alliance can already get... how much is it? 400 free honor once every two hours by standing 15 minutes in Tol Barad (or couple of minutes: doesn't really matter, no Horde players anyway). Incresing the rewards won't make Horde players come out of thin air.

And yeah, I realize I typed Horde with capital letter, alliance without.

Deleted
    i think you all forget something, bots, with half or more people boting bgs its pretty much pointless reviving old bgs, or maybe thats my opinion. i remember back in vanilla i "wasted" all my summer farming my high warlord title, it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post

Love the word consider or think about it or planned. To me it means cancel subscription and check back in a year, repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    On my server alliance can already get... how much is it? 400 free honor once every two hours by standing 15 minutes in Tol Barad (or couple of minutes: doesn't really matter, no Horde players anyway). Incresing the rewards won't make Horde players come out of thin air.

And yeah, I realize I typed Horde with capital letter, alliance without.
    Yes I my Tol Barad is the same, the server is very unbalanced in favor of my faction. If you're stuck in a 5man party for the duration of the game this means that the horde are not even getting more than 5 to que. Cannot get a 6th person in tb or wg until the other team also has 6. You can though have 1 v 5 This either means the horde on your realm who pvp do not know how good it can be or that you also have a large server inbalance.

Even on my faction I always get in if I que and there are plenty of us, meaning only 5 or less bother to que. Better rewards would encourage more to que, I'd like to see that, epic battles, and a change of scenery from the standard bgs.