Thread: MicroAtx build

MicroAtx build

Hey everyone
    I may sell my current setup and if I do sell it I will need a new computer

I was thinking of something like this
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1PKUe

Currently missing PSU, any recommendation? Would love it to be a modular one.

Current budget is roughly $600 usd may add an additional 100 but prefer it to be around $600.

I don't play too many graphic intensive games. Bioshock infinite is probably the game that strains my current setup the most.

Current resolution 1x 1920 x 1080 monitor and a 1600 x 900 secondary monitor. I do live near a micro center so picking up the chip will be cheaper. Also I have 2 SSDs ready to go for this build as I am keeping those.

Something like this could work for ya.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.95 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus H81M-C/CSM Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.46 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($39.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($37.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
    Total: $616.35
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-17 00:41 EDT-0400)

Swapped to a HD 7950 as they are dirt cheap(~$180) and can be overclocked pretty easy(plus you get 4 free games with the card).
    Picked a cheap PSU, but if you want to spend some extra, you can get a semi-modular Antec 620W for $60 after a rebate.
    Cheaper case to give some more room in the budget
    Bit better Mobo
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

hey thanks for the quick response,
    Will probably stick with the 4570* as I can pick it up for 160, will definitely pick up a bigger psu though and perhaps a different 7950.

Though I may pick up an h80i or h60 depending on financial standing sometime after this build.
    Would it fit in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolkrayd View Post
    hey thanks for the quick response,
    Will probably stick with the 4570* as I can pick it up for 160, will definitely pick up a bigger psu though and perhaps a different 7950.

Though I may pick up an h80i or h60 depending on financial standing sometime after this build.
    Would it fit in this case?
    Honestly, stick with the default cooler, it will suffice just fine since you are not getting a overclockable processor and the case comes with fans already installed so you don't gotta worry about that.

And the 7950 I linked is one of the cheapest you can get, has a higher stock clock than most of the others available(so you don't have to mess with it for some performance boosts), and has a pretty darn good cooler. I really don't see a reason for getting a different one unless then run out of stock. The only other one I would recommend getting is a Sapphire/Gigabyte model, which those run a bit more costly($40 or so) for the good ones.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

well this build isn't set in stone yet, may pick up a 4670k but haven't been hearing great things about overclocking it. Would picking up an ivy bridge be a bad thing?

Bumping this up ~~~ asking another question

So I am probably going to pick up the parts this weekend.

I am still missing a video card and miss the sale on the XFX 7950.
    The only game I am really interested in right now is League of legends and hoping to maintain high fps as much as possible.

Would the 650ti boost be a good card or would it be wiser to pick up the R9 270x?

You can get a HD 7870 XT for $159 after a $30 rebate, but the rebate is only offered for another day.