Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    If a person has the ability, then he/she is going to feel the obligation.
    Except reality is a bitch, isn't it?

If a person has the ability, then he/she is going to feel the obligation.
    I'm still waiting for your enrollment in a PHD program.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if you are born with a ridiculous talent that could help the world you would rather choose to say screw the world i don't owe it anything. What a selfish bastard. This is exactly why i hate most people.
    Its just as selfish to force a person to use themselves to benefit the world. Both are selfish.

If that talent brought me misery and resentment every day, you better believe I would not use it. People tend to be most productive doing what they love.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Certainly I wouldn't help a world filled with people who have that attitude.
    Then roll with the rest of the heard and continue trashing the world simply for your own personal feelings of "fun".

Then roll with the rest of the heard and continue trashing the world simply for your own personal feelings of "fun".
    Well you just moved goalposts into the next ZIP code.

Fun != Not living in perpetual misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its just as selfish to force a person to use themselves to benefit the world. Both are selfish.

If that talent brought me misery and resentment every day, you better believe I would not use it. People tend to be most productive doing what they love.
    Then you are extremely selfish. You are just one person, and the world is a much bigger place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Use your own damn gifts to fix it then and stop waiting around for someone to clean up your mess for you.
    But he can't, he isn't autistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you are extremely selfish. You are just one person, and the world is a much bigger place.
    If my talents could effect just as much something I love to do, why should I choose what you want me to do over something that I could feel fulfillment in that also simultaneously helps people or animals?

Dont pretend that you arnt any less selfish by essentially advocating slavery for the greater good.

10+ Year Old Account
    who cares? the world will move on without me why should anyone sacrifice their feelings to give the world momentary joy before they fade back into the back shelf that they all gravitate towards
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

So if you are born with a ridiculous talent that could help the world you would rather choose to say screw the world i don't owe it anything. What a selfish bastard. This is exactly why i hate most people.
    If you're born with a ridiculous talent you should be able to choose whatever you want to do with it, within the confines of legality, and no one else should ever have a say in it unless you want their opinion.

Thinking that people owe to the world to dedicate their lives to the advancement of society instead of their own happiness is by and large the epitome of selfishness, on the part of the ones claiming they should have a right to dictate these people's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    Except reality is a bitch, isn't it?
    Or just not the right kind. He didn't get the superpowers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    who cares? the world will move on without me why should anyone sacrifice their feelings to give the world momentary joy before they fade back into the back shelf that they all gravitate towards
    happiness of one single person < happiness of the entire world.

Both, on a sliding scale, it depends entirely on the specifics and the individual in question, coming from someone with aspergers, which is in the autism spectrum. Medically and psychologically assessed and confirmed, not self-diagnose.

The odds of get stacked against you the higher in the spectrum you are though.

I'm just going to clarify that not everyone with autism is a savant, and not everyone that's a savant is autistic, because there seem to be a lot of people here with those mixed up, especially people implying that more autistic= more savant, which is just not how it works.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Not to that person, not necessarily. And if it is, guess what, they'll use their talents. But they should have the right not to.

Be real careful what hatred you hold for people who may not even be able to put it to use even if they wanted to. Forcing people to do something they may not, or may not even want to do, because they have something others don't tends to corrupt it and only cause way more harm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Or just not the right kind. He didn't get the superpowers or something.
    Ah well. I guess the world will just have to live without his great contributions to mankind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was diagnosed with Asperger's at 10, needless to say, went to the hospital recently and the nurse was wondering how the hell I had Asperger's as I was just as normal as anyone else to talk too. I'm 19 now so... Did you guys know there is even something called Misconduct Disorder? If you go to jail you get diagnosed with it, like what the actual fuck?

The worst thing about being a minor is that most pediatric psychologists never look at what the parent might be doing something that is wrong. My dad came back from the Middle East and I've overheard him talking to my mother on multiple occasions as to what the fuck she was doing to me. She put me in the bloody loony bin because I wouldn't listen to her, I told her I didn't need to go to the hospital and she then forced it upon me which led to the police being called and me being put in there involuntarily. My mum is just a bit fucked up, she's learned to vent her frustrations all at her family, perfectly normal when talking to other human beings but when she gets home... All hell breaks loose.

P.S. Putting a sane person in a loony bin makes that sane person feel very very aggravated. Just imagine having to deal with millions (exaggerated) of retards trying to talk to you.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-10-18 at 03:46 AM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I consider it a curse. When i got diagnosed with Aspergers i distinctly remember the doctor saying i most likely don't have it and if i had it, it would be mild. Tried for the armed forces three times, and only on the third time i got told why. Fucking tore me up, had no direction for a while and only now years later do i feel that i have actually found a direction. I could try and get a rediagnosis but been told by my doctor multiple times i can't (been a while since i last asked tbh)
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account
    As autistic(asbergers) it's both and neither...Really depends on alot of things...One of the hardest parts is just thinking differently or having very few people you can relate to. ...One reason we do so well amongst ourselves because we think alike oftentimes...It's not so much that we can be socially awkward(or even exhausted by being around people) so much as we have different innate social ques....TBH it's oftentimes like we're learning a new language but expected to know it already...

Many of us just want to be able to live our lives and pursue our dreams same as anyone....Frankly if you normal folks say plopped us all down domewhere to live together we'd likely do quite well.

TLDR we think differently have different ingrained social traits but overall are just wanting a place to belong/be....Especially when younger or before finding a way we can contribute..