Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    You should be reported for doing that. Taunting have no place in a discussion forum.
    I probably will be anyway.
    But coming out like that, after tons of posts countering what he said are right above him, should be considered taunting too.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Wotlk type you say? Then you say no rehashes or half size raids..... What the fuck do you think ToC and Naxx was? LOL?

    - - - Updated - - -
    I stay corrected. I agree that WotLK had Naxx rehash and ToC sucked balls big time. What I meant was 10-levels and a wealth of content compared to Cata and MOP, 5 levels and a dearth of 5-mans and especially in Cata of raids.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    I stay corrected. I agree that WotLK had Naxx rehash and ToC sucked balls big time. What I meant was 10-levels and a wealth of content compared to Cata and MOP, 5 levels and a dearth of 5-mans and especially in Cata of raids.
    Someone will have to tell me why did mop get rid of heroic 5 man.

  4. #344
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Someone will have to tell me why did mop get rid of heroic 5 man.
    Blizzard discovered it was quicker and cheaper to make scenarios apparently. Personally, I'd rather have some 5 mans.

    Sometimes updated...

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    MoP fits perfectly. Quit conversing with idiots and the world will be a better place.
    Your an idiot to think your opinion is the only valid one. I think pandas do not fit the WoW theme at all, and they really do have a lame vibe to the asian theme. Is that a fact? No...but I am free to think that.

    Only immature retards would think their opinion is the only good one.

  6. #346
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Someone will have to tell me why did mop get rid of heroic 5 man.
    Because they wanted people to gear through raids.
    And nobody would run dungeons if they don't give upgrades.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because they wanted people to gear through raids.
    And nobody would run dungeons if they don't give upgrades.
    They would still give upgrades through the justice and valor system.

  8. #348
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    So if they add Rudolf the Reindeer in the next Mass Effect, the OP would say it's totally childlish for me to say Rudolf doesn't fit in the Mass Effect Universe? It's not about Panda's being childlish, it's about Panda's not fitting in the WoW-world for me.
    And tbfh what makes you think your oppinion is the only valid one?

  9. #349
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    I stay corrected. I agree that WotLK had Naxx rehash and ToC sucked balls big time. What I meant was 10-levels and a wealth of content compared to Cata and MOP, 5 levels and a dearth of 5-mans and especially in Cata of raids.
    MoPs rare hunting design helped flesh the continent far more then any expansion to date. A system i HOPE they keep going forward. Those items are fkin awesome.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Your an idiot to think your opinion is the only valid one. I think pandas do not fit the WoW theme at all, and they really do have a lame vibe to the asian theme. Is that a fact? No...but I am free to think that.

    Only immature retards would think their opinion is the only good one.
    Dread wastes and thunder isle was SUPER asian.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    To me MoP feels like a filler expansion. First we get Illidan, Lich King and Deathwing, then a expansion with kung fu pandas and no clear "main boss".
    Was Vanillla filler? Let me get this straight. An Old god, A tyrant who stole the powers of a Titan, and a rebellion against an ambitious monster who would damn the world for the sake of power?

    MAIN BOSS is subjective, want a little secret? The MAIN BOSS of cata was actually N'zoth. Deathwing was a pawn and part of many factions doing his dirty work.

    This expansion did a few things along with expanding the games lore. It introduced us to another old god, Introduced us to the Mantid empire, The armies of Mogu and Lei Shen an ancient tyrant king, It fleshed out the ZANDALARI further which i think is one of the most important things since the Prophet Zul/ King Rastakhan are still alive in the game. And it brought a culmination to the war that has been brewing since Garrosh was given power at the end of WotLK.


    Really now, Sounds like a fleshed out expansion to me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    my beef with mop is the actual land of pandaria. i don't think it's very well designed and put together, the zones are very bland and forgettable imo. which is sad cause zone design in wow was really great up to mop. and i actually like asian themes... it could have been so much more.

    raids look good though (well, as good as they can look with the current 'come up with bosses first, design location around them later' philosophy) and pandas don't bother me at all (seriously, we had little girls with pink hair tanking spawns from hell since vanilla).
    I agree the land itself is very forgettable. It's nothing like the dragonblight with the huge Naxxramas and dragonshrines dotted around with the massive wyrmrest at the center, Nothing like Icecrown, Nothing like the huge titan and peaks of The Storm peaks, and most importantly, Fjord and grizzly was just insanely good. I agree wholeheartedly MoP zones to me ARE forgettable.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-20 at 07:25 PM.

  10. #350
    Nothing will ever fit in Warcraft anymore. Ive just been on a thread about people bitching that there are to many mailboxes ffs.

  11. #351
    kung fu pandaland was the worst thing to happen to the game.

  12. #352
    The Patient Taiknee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Over thadda way
    Posts
    327
    I liked pandas so much better than worgen. The worgen starting zone is really cool, but the worgen models are so horrible, it just killed them for me and was a huge letdown from my POV. My highest level worgen is 14.

  13. #353
    OP makes the assumption that many of us disliked pandaria since this expansion, even though we disliked chen and the way pandaren were introduced since Warcraft 3.

    People keep saying how this game has talking cows and goats, but the problem isn't there, it's how they are presented. As I eagerly awaited Warcraft 3 and was scouting their magnificent webpage daily, I came upon the first image of a Tauren, which was was this (notice it doesn't even have a totem or any sort of "native American" influence this early):



    Meanwhile, when pandaren made their appearance it was during an April Fool's joke from Blizzard, and their first presentation to the game was this:



    Not that I was impressed, but it was fine, as Gnomes are no less ridiculous in many instances, but a smiling panda in traditional Chinese/Japanese outfit pasted in the middle of Warcraft just seemed off somehow. In its own game aside from Warcraft? It actually looked cool, but stuck in there, it was throwing off all immersion for some reason.

    Now, come mists of pandaria. Once again, their presentation to the world came through: "Guys, this is not a joke.". Ugh...it's like a comedian coming on stage and saying "Guys, I really AM funny!". Which was fine once again, as we hadn't even seen the product. When we actually did, it didn't help at all.

    .......

    There is no reason to respect pandaren from a WARCRAFT standpoint. Greenpeace would probably love them, but their history is teeming with examples, especially recent, where if not for one guy or other people's intervention, they'd all gone to hell. It's a weak race with uninspiring examples of how they all crap their pants when dire situations arise, and get saved by some Zen emperor or one guy who teaches them kung fu or the Alliance and Horde.

    A race of warrior monks who work fields all day and travel everywhere who are fat disgusting slobs? How does that make any sense? In what kung fu movie have we ever seen martial prowess combined with unrealistically out of shape kung fu masters? And it's not even as their entire race is capable of martial arts, it's just an elite sect. Once again, from a Warcraft standpoint, these people are useless. Lacking presentation, once again.

    I don't know what impression of pandaren Blizzard wanted to give us, but whatever it was, I didn't get it. Did they want us to see pandaren as this:



    or this:



    Well, sorry guys, but China doesn't want to have its national animal be mixed with those Japanese people, so we'll give you a race with no in-game semblance of ferocity, but which we promise you, IT'S NOT A JOKE!@!!1111!!!11111111!!!!!.

    Their presentation failed, their delivery failed, and thus they don't fit into the game, to this day, aside maybe from Taoshi.
    Last edited by KungFuFanta; 2013-10-22 at 01:07 PM.

  14. #354
    Stood in the Fire Florescent Purple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    350
    Really enjoyed the expansion and the new race/class. People who say MoP is childish or turning into Kung Fu Panda I tend to just laugh at, because they're usually people who're either extremely narrow minded or very dim.
    “If they don't know you personally, don't take it personal”
    Monk | Mage | Druid | Warlock | Priest

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    OP makes the assumption that many of us disliked pandaria since this expansion, even though we disliked chen and the way pandaren were introduced since Warcraft 3.

    People keep saying how this game has talking cows and goats, but the problem isn't there, it's how they are presented. As I eagerly awaited Warcraft 3 and was scouting their magnificent webpage daily, I came upon the first image of a Tauren, which was was this (notice it doesn't even have a totem or any sort of "native American" influence this early):



    Meanwhile, when pandaren made their appearance it was during an April Fool's joke from Blizzard, and their first presentation to the game was this:



    Not that I was impressed, but it was fine, as Gnomes are no less ridiculous in many instances, but a smiling panda in traditional Chinese/Japanese outfit pasted in the middle of Warcraft just seemed off somehow. In its own game aside from Warcraft? It actually looked cool, but stuck in there, it was throwing off all immersion for some reason.

    Now, come mists of pandaria. Once again, their presentation to the world came through: "Guys, this is not a joke.". Ugh...it's like a comedian coming on stage and saying "Guys, I really AM funny!". Which was fine once again, as we hadn't even seen the product. When we actually did, it didn't help at all.

    .......

    There is no reason to respect pandaren from a WARCRAFT standpoint. Greenpeace would probably love them, but their history is teeming with examples, especially recent, where if not for one guy or other people's intervention, they'd all gone to hell. It's a weak race with uninspiring examples of how they all crap their pants when dire situations arise, and get saved by some Zen emperor or one guy who teaches them kung fu or the Alliance and Horde.

    A race of warrior monks who work fields all day and travel everywhere who are fat disgusting slobs? How does that make any sense? In what kung fu movie have we ever seen martial prowess combined with unrealistically out of shape kung fu masters? And it's not even as their entire race is capable of martial arts, it's just an elite sect. Once again, from a Warcraft standpoint, these people are useless. Lacking presentation, once again.

    I don't know what impression of pandaren Blizzard wanted to give us, but whatever it was, I didn't get it. Did they want us to see pandaren as this:



    or this:



    Well, sorry guys, but China doesn't want to have its national animal be mixed with those Japanese people, so we'll give you a race with no in-game semblance of ferocity, but which we promise you, IT'S NOT A JOKE!@!!1111!!!11111111!!!!!.

    Their presentation failed, their delivery failed, and thus they don't fit into the game, to this day, aside maybe from Taoshi.
    Perfect post in every single way. But sure, you're probably going to get the same treatment as the others regardless.

  16. #356
    Whole bloody thread proves my point, but everyone keep repeating it.

    Just stop, some like blue color, some like red color.
    Some think ice cream is a must with chocolate cake, some think that is not.

    What people enjoy, and what people think fits in the Warcraft universe, is up to each and everyone, for their own.
    There is no facts here.

    People sharing their opinion, and they tell them the other person is wrong cus he think brown color is ugly.
    While the other think pink is the only color that fits in this room.

    *facepalm* as I said, immaturity!

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Whole bloody thread proves my point, but everyone keep repeating it.

    Just stop, some like blue color, some like red color.
    Some think ice cream is a must with chocolate cake, some think that is not.

    What people enjoy, and what people think fits in the Warcraft universe, is up to each and everyone, for their own.
    There is no facts here.

    People sharing their opinion, and they tell them the other person is wrong cus he think brown color is ugly.
    While the other think pink is the only color that fits in this room.

    *facepalm* as I said, immaturity!
    No you're just making general statements behind a thin veil of wisdom which you cast upon yourself. People were generally aghast at space ships in Warcraft, to the point where even METZEN apologized. People would likewise be aghast if Lord of The Rings Online developers suddenly gave the ability for people to carry M249 machine guns. Would it be cool? Kind of. Would it fit in LOTRO? Uuuuuuuuuuuuh no.

    As I've said, most people don't even have anything against the idea of pandaren because of kung fu panda, but because of how they've been misrepresented since their introduction to the game. You can't just say "oh it's different tastes so you're not mature because you don't like mine". I'm giving arguments as to why I think pandaren don't fit, you're just ignoring everything and labeling everything as immaturity.

    So by your logic, if Blizzard introduced tomorrow a race of pink bunnies who live inside carrots and use an energy called "Flufiness" to power their "Cuteness" attacks, and say 1% of the WoW population LOVED it, the entire 99% other part would be immature for thinking this is a dumb idea for Warcraft, provided they gave good arguments for it.

  18. #358
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Their presentation failed, their delivery failed, and thus they don't fit into the game, to this day, aside maybe from Taoshi.
    Are you really comparing concept-art with ingame models?
    You can link Tauren-concept all day long, but in the end it still comes down to

  19. #359
    Jesus christ Kangodo how do you live with yourself posting this kind of weak stuff? I even acknowledged that races like Gnomes have always been silly, Warcraft has always had a measure of silliness, that wasn't my argument.

    Taurent did NOT start off like that. If that would have been their original presentation you can be sure as hell I would have went "WTF is this?" when I first saw it. It was added later on for World of Warcraft just like units have funny things to say when you click on them many times in the RTS.

    Tauren had presence and presentation when they first made their appearance, and it followed through with the WoW cinematic and in-game lore, regardless of their on the side complementary silly stuff. They're a proud and noble race and were so before they got a million Native American references in WoW and a silly dance.

    Pandaren got a bad introduction, a bad re-introduction, some awesome artwork, a good cinematic presence, then the whole thing felt like it fell flat for that actual in-game introduction.

    You're just taking the least significant and unrelated portion of the game and trying to pass it off as an entire argument.

  20. #360
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    You're just taking the least significant and unrelated portion of the game and trying to pass it off as an entire argument.
    Which is exactly my point!
    Pandaren have tons of dark, interesting and mature things on them.
    But people can't stop focusing on ONE quest-hub with rabbits and the name of a racial-trait.

    If we are talking about Pandaren then one small thing is suddenly enough to ruin the entire expansion.
    But Kobolds and the other million jokes in other expansions was never a problem.
    That seems like a gigantic bias, some people just want to dislike MoP and there is no discussion possible.

    Maybe I can spell it out again: Some people don't agree with you.
    Some people don't think that their presentation or the delivery failed and they think they do fit in this game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •