Deleted

2v2 Holy Priest - Trouble staying alive versus DK or Warrior.

Greetings,

I am looking for advise how to survive being trained by warrior or dk.

Background: I play a Holy Priest in 2v2. My partner has been mainly a hunter, but we have also tried his warrior. We play at 1700-1800 rating. I have a problem. I just can't stay alive when there is a warrior or a dk on the opponent team. I also have some problems with a double dps combo such as mage/rogue, or enhancement/ret but not quite as bad as a single warrior or dk.

These are common scenarios:

Warrior opponent.
    With a few variations and sometimes a bit of dancing in the opener, I will inevitably end up with warrior tunneling me. I'm constantly slowed so I can't get away, feathers does little and void tendrils/phantasm has a too short duration and too long cd to give me any breathing room. Even with void tendrils, warrior will intervene his banner to break roots. I can't fear him for obvious reasons. My SG is broken by thunderclap. His preassure is higher than my instants can manage, and if want to cast I have to dupe him 3 or 4 times (pummel/staggering shout/2x charges), not to mention his partners interrupts. Only thing that gives me a sec or two breathing is my partners snare if hunter, or disarm if warrior, but it's not enough. I use my guardian to counter reck, and fear ward on my partner to counter his intimidating shouts, as the fear on myself will be nearly instantly broken due to the dmg on me.

DK opponent
    He is practically immune to fears or traps. Void tendrils will provoke a single or double deathgrip with possible asphyxiation or pet stun if unholy to keep me in range of him. Again I'm permanently slowed so feathers does little. They tend to have even higher preassure than the warrior and I usually go down pretty fast. Also having to dupe at least 2 interrupts (excluding partner interrupts) to cast safely, makes it a waste of time to even try and I'm better off only relying on instants and stay alive for another few seconds. Unpeelable by my partner again, I might get a disarm if my partner is on warrior but that only delays the inevitable a few seconds.

In both of these situations I can forget playing offensively as every global is spent on staying alive. These comps tend to be agressive. If I try to control the warrior/dk or his partner it only results in a quicker death for me.

I'm looking for ways (spec, talents, glyphs, gear choices, spells usage) to be able to stay alive. Also comp specific suggestions how to control the dk/warrior, or what my partner can do in these situations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Play with a windwalker monk. I play WW monk and the amount of peeling I can do is insane. Paralysis can force berserker rage after which the priest can fear (or vica versa). I have roots, I can tigers lust you, stun the warr/DK twice and disarm (and still my disc partner manages to die /facepalm). But if you know how to work with those peels, you'll be able to survive very long.

I think with a hunter it's harder though because of limited peels. Tell your hunter to master's call you and feather yourself. Roar of Sacrifice might be an option as well. Have your partner go disengage root to force intervene and root him yourself after.

Try to counter pressure as well. Lure the DPS away from the healer, have your hunter trap the healer and he'll be able to do quite some pressure. If the warr has no CDs and gets too low, he will be forced to give you breathing space.

Again, you'll have to work with your hunter properly. Master's Call into disengage root into feather (+spirits guise) means you can cross the map without the warr being able to do anything.

Deleted
    yea I have same probs on my healy priest with warriors and some DKs. theyre just insane atm and yea you need good peels and a good dps mate to kill em before they kill you ;p but yea warriors are a huge pain in the ass atm in arena. even worse when im on my lock, theres no getting away from the fukkers lol

btw though as holy are you experiencing problems with guardian spirit??? mine is shit and doesn't work when I pop it on someone when im fukked over with cc lol. I tend not to use it to stop death now but to increase heals, but its hard work..

Deleted
    We have a few options to play. Unfortunately WW is not one of them. I agree that their peeling potential is amazing. When we encounter ww/healer that knows how to play we know that we can't score a kill unless they screw up royally.

Try to counter pressure as well. Lure the DPS away from the healer, ...
    The counter preassure we have tried. It's hard, people at this rank usually know what's going on and are quick to adapt.

Master's Call into disengage root into feather (+spirits guise) means ...
    I actually didn't realize master's call could be used on someone else. I will definately try this!

btw though as holy are you experiencing problems with guardian spirit???
    I haven't seen it bug out like that yet, but then i never rely on the sacrifice but generally take as much advantage as I can from the bonus healing.

I find dk much harder than warrior in general. In general, you want to kite them away from their healer, and have your hunter position himself in between the healer and you. This will pretty much force the healer into position for traps, and you can begin to force them defensive from there.

Against dk's, void tendrils work amazingly. A well timed VT into guise will get you away. Dk's rely on dots and small hits, so they have a hard time breaking void tendrils, and will end up sitting them often. Shackle his pet/gargoyle if/when you can, they really do a large portion of his damage. Sometimes, you will find dk's that use chillblains for the slow on frost fever instead of using chains of ice, meaning you can dispel his slow. Time a dispel with a feather while you round a corner and you can create some space.

Warriors I dont find that I fall behind as quickly, but you're never going to peel them. You can tank them easier with your instants. His cd's are longer than guardian spirit so try to have that for his burst. Warriors will kill your lightwell the second you put it down, so I use it as a healing cd, putting it down if I get low. That way you at least get a bit of healing from it (when you're below 50%) and the wariror will at least have to switch off you for a second to kill it. Mind control can actually work nicely against warriors. If they kick it, its just your shadow school. If they dont you get some breathing room.

Hopefully this helps

Deleted
    Ive had some huge problems on my holy ever since they fixed PoM. It seems somewhat of an uphill battle keeping up with the damage that flies around atm.
    Probably its just me being bad (1800mmr) but that pom/lightwell-fix really made me like my resto druid more to be honest.
    Last edited by mmoc9aa38bccdb; 2013-10-18 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    I agree DK's being slightly worse than warrior, but I find them both impossible at the moment. It was indeed doable before the pom nerf, barely. Now it's just impossible. Perhaps Disc would be better equipped to handle them? Not as many instants, but you do get interrupt immunity.

I will try to get VT to work more reliably against DK's, that's a good tip. Mindcontrolling their warrior isn't working for us very well since my partner prefers to kill their dps. Reason for that being he's a hunter most of the time and as soon as he switch to the healer, the healer will pillar hump all day long and prevent any real pressure on himself while I'm getting my ass handed to me between MCs if I'm even able to land them in the first place.

Disc isnt as strong in a 1v1 situation (imo) because you lose serenity, chastise (which i forgot to mention is also very good to keep a dps off you), and strong renew. Disc has always struggled against dk's because you have a hard time clearing necrotics off yourself. They will just grip/stun your inner focus and you will be further behind than if you had just used instants.

If their healer is pillar humping, definately use my tactic of getting your hunter in between them, and kite the dk/warrior away from his healer. This leaves their team two choices, the healer leaves his pillar, or the melee switches to your hunter, either of which seems to be what you are trying to accomplish.

Remember that the dk's can sit roots, so possibly even have your hunter disengage root them, or use the spider pet.

As a warrior playing about 1900 right now in 2's and 3's i can give you some pointers, though im not the best warrior out there. Cast mind control on the warriors partner, which forces him to interrupt since they can't use their spell reflect and most warriors wont mass reflect it, and that gives you some free time to cast (the extra interrupt for warriors is on a 40 second cooldown so you should beable to pull this off many times during the match, if your already 50%ish id recoomend using it on the warrior and hoping he doesnt reflect or else he can just sit there and attack you while your channeling and you can't heal unless you break it). If you running with a hunter masters call is really powerful, especially if the warrior has burned charges to disarm the hunter and lower his damage, he may not beable to catch you especially if your close to a pillar. Have the hunter use pet roots and disengage roots so when you use void tendrils he cant safeguard his banner and break it, and you can usually counter the dispel by having your hunter scatter freeze the warrior. Also having your hunter deal enough damage to the warrior to cause him to go defensive stance will help you because it will rage starve the warrior. Hope this helped! Warriors are really powerful right now so you will have to do a lot of things right or get peels because most warriors that are decent will beable to take you down 1v1, and even more so DK's.