First time downloading. Launcher stuck at

I'm about to just call it on this game, even though I really wanna play it since it was fun when I got to play for like 30 minutes...

This is the second major problem I've had with this game and apparently I can't access any kind of support team so I'm hoping maybe somebody here can help with this.

Stuck at "Installing 79.7%" and I left it running all night last night, thinking I'd have it finished when I woke up. Nope, it's just stuck. I've tried off and on letting it run today and it doesn't move. Thinking I might need to completely reinstall/redownload but meh... what a hassle when I might just buy the new Final Fantasy MMO tomorrow.

Can anybody help?

Picture of my launcher right now

I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

15+ Year Old Account
    Myself and my mates had the same problem when we were first installing a few weeks ago. All running on connections that could handle the download size in a matter of hours but for some reason it took us all days. I was raging hard at the installer - we were all getting throttled at less than 1Mbps even though our speeds normally clock much higher.

My advice though - stick with it. Leave it on overnight once or twice more. You may actually need to quit it and open it again; for some reason it seemed to kickstart the progress bar when it stalled on me.

The game is worth it IMO. I was 95% ready to call it quits and move on to something else but by the forgotten gods am I happy I persevered.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Odds are the file you downloaded is corrupt.

Go to the directory where the game is installed, and look in the folder named 'logs'.

Open the most recent log file.

Usually you need 3 files; .solidpkg, .z01, .zip.

Scroll down the bottom and you'll see where the files are being downloaded from.
    For example:
    http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/vc2...2008_-1to0.z01 (change this to a .zip extension for the third file)
    http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/vc2...-1to0.solidpkg

Copy the address from the file and open it in whatever browser you use. The files should download without a hitch.

Copy all three files into the appropriate folder within your SWTOR folder (In the example above there is a folder in my directory labelled 'vc2008_-1to0').

Restart the launcher and it should patch up.