Current state of healing in Arena's and RBG's

Good morning everyone!

I have been messing around with PVP on an off for several years. I have never taken it very serisouly, I think I pushed 2k one season in RBG's but that is about as far as I have gone.

This season I have been healing on my Druid and I have to say, outside of TOL, I find it tough to deal with heavy burst. I was wondering if I could get the opinions of everyone on the current state of each healer and their strengths. I want to be versitile and have success in Arena and RBG's. I like the package that Druids bring with their CC and such, but I feel at least in lower levels of play, my hot's just cannot keep up.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    Good morning everyone!

I have been messing around with PVP on an off for several years. I have never taken it very serisouly, I think I pushed 2k one season in RBG's but that is about as far as I have gone.

This season I have been healing on my Druid and I have to say, outside of TOL, I find it tough to deal with heavy burst. I was wondering if I could get the opinions of everyone on the current state of each healer and their strengths. I want to be versitile and have success in Arena and RBG's. I like the package that Druids bring with their CC and such, but I feel at least in lower levels of play, my hot's just cannot keep up.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Battle Fatigue is your problem, that and MS from certain classes and lol "crowd chooses you".

Quote Originally Posted by EvrenGaming View Post
    Battle Fatigue is your problem, that and MS from certain classes and lol "crowd chooses you".
    This is totally irrelevant to everything and doesn't even pretend to answer any of the actual questions.

Anyway, I've been playing my Druid a bit, and what I can say (this is entirely about arenas, RBGs don't count as real PvP as far as I'm concerned) is that compared to the other 4 healers they're absurdly weak unless you play very certain comps. What Druids mainly lack is CC breakers. If a Paladin gets chain CC'd they can Sac out of Poly/Fear(sometimes) and they can bubble if they absolutely need to and they obviously have trinket. Druids have trinket, that's it. Yes, Druids can shapeshift to avoid Poly, but most of the time it's going to be instant cast the first time and then there's nothing you can do. Shamans can break fear. Monks have a second trinket out of stuns. Priests can Fear Ward, and stealth to avoid CC. All Druids have is Displacer Beast which doesn't really help in the majority of situations aside from making the CC take an extra 3 seconds to hit you. And once you fall behind, like you said, it's impossible to catch up without ToL.

That being said, if you run something like Rogue/Mage/Druid, Mage/Warrior/Druid, Mage/Lock/Druid, Mage/SPriest/Druid (see the theme?) you'll be in really good shape. Druids are crazy good in comps with high amounts of control. And getting Ice Block from Symbiosis gives you the much needed out against CC to help your teammates after trinket is down.

Other healers are just much stronger in a lot of comps, any comps that lack control, something like melee cleaves, are better suited to Paladins/Shamans/Priests/Monks, but any comp that has a high amount of control will do very well with a Druid healer. Just need to find the right setups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    This is totally irrelevant to everything and doesn't even pretend to answer any of the actual questions.

Anyway, I've been playing my Druid a bit, and what I can say (this is entirely about arenas, RBGs don't count as real PvP as far as I'm concerned) is that compared to the other 4 healers they're absurdly weak unless you play very certain comps. What Druids mainly lack is CC breakers. If a Paladin gets chain CC'd they can Sac out of Poly/Fear(sometimes) and they can bubble if they absolutely need to and they obviously have trinket. Druids have trinket, that's it. Yes, Druids can shapeshift to avoid Poly, but most of the time it's going to be instant cast the first time and then there's nothing you can do. Shamans can break fear. Monks have a second trinket out of stuns. Priests can Fear Ward, and stealth to avoid CC. All Druids have is Displacer Beast which doesn't really help in the majority of situations aside from making the CC take an extra 3 seconds to hit you. And once you fall behind, like you said, it's impossible to catch up without ToL.

That being said, if you run something like Rogue/Mage/Druid, Mage/Warrior/Druid, Mage/Lock/Druid, Mage/SPriest/Druid (see the theme?) you'll be in really good shape. Druids are crazy good in comps with high amounts of control. And getting Ice Block from Symbiosis gives you the much needed out against CC to help your teammates after trinket is down.

Other healers are just much stronger in a lot of comps, any comps that lack control, something like melee cleaves, are better suited to Paladins/Shamans/Priests/Monks, but any comp that has a high amount of control will do very well with a Druid healer. Just need to find the right setups.
    So battle fatigue is not relevant to healing output being low and the healer struggling in arena?

I would definately recommend SoF in rbgs, with wild growth glyph, effl, and maybee booming.
    Use SoF wild growths off cd almost, and use it for every tranq along with on use and stuff. Always keep a shroom down in the middle of the pack of your team, and it will do an absurd amount of healing. I have done rbgs where efflorescence has done over 11 mil healing itself.
    dont regrowth unless absolutely needed. Use NS almost off cd if you need a big burst heal, but otherwise swiftmend. Try and keep bloom up always on the target getting focused, and let it bloom for burst heals if your taking blooming. If you do let it bloom thou doing all of this + dispelling wont leave you many globals to cc, so thats really up to you. Personally I feel like im in god mode healing as a rdruid in rbgs atm, especially in group fights. Arenas are ok, but you really have to run a solid comp for druid to shine. And really know when to cc and when to heal, while micro managing hots.
    Personally i would say Rshammmy with its best comp is the top healer, and in general alittle ahead.
    Under the same circumstances perhaps priest is alittle ahead of druid, then pally and monk is pretty far behind them all. All depends what comp you play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by EvrenGaming View Post
    So battle fatigue is not relevant to healing output being low and the healer struggling in arena?
    It's irrelevent due to the fact that it affects every healing class equally and is put in to balance PvE vs. PvP healing. It doesn't make PvP healing weak. Along with MS effects, sure it slows the healer down a bit, but it doesn't make having a healer a disadvantage. I can't even comprehend why TCCY buff would make healers struggle.