Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

SoO Heirlooms and Loot Spec

Hey guys, I have a question for you: is it possible for me to go kill old Garry and have that first heirloom for a diff spec ?
    i.e. I go as boomkin but i set the Loot Specialization to Feral (before I go inside the raid instance). When I kill Hellscream will the Polearm drop or will it be the staff? Like I said, it would be first run so 100% dropchance/
    Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor search skills.

The heirloom drop will be for the loot specialization you choose.

If your loot specialization is feral, you will receive a feral item (polearm).

For instance, if I am a resto shaman killing Garrosh with my loot specialization set to enhance, I would get the agility axe heirloom (Hellscream's Cleaver).

Edit: Note that this only applies to the first heirloom you get in each difficulty!

10+ Year Old Account
    what Goondicker said

and i tried this on my paladin to confirm

Yesterday I killed garrosh heroic on my combat rogue, thinking that it's my last chance to get the 2.6 agi weapon, since my guaranteed normal (flex) heirloom already dropped and it was 1.8. And guess what - another 1.8 drops. I probably won't be able to gear him for mythical, so I started to panic (I have a goal of getting all garrosh looms, only 3 remain). Then I decided to try out the thing you've described - I somehow managed to get invited to garrosh normal on my 531 resto shaman, so I set 'enh' as my loot spec - and there it was! My 2.6 agi weapon.

So yes, this can serve as a 100% confirmation that it does indeed work this way. Now I only have the agi staff and the tanking shield left. I don't have a warrior yet and my pala only has ret gear, so I hope to have the shield drop for my ret pal with 'prot' set as my loot spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's been explained by blues before the patch hit.
    First drop is 100% for your chosen loot spec.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Wow very cool! Thanks guys, u da best!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone been getting any looms after the patch? I've ran heroic 4-5 times and I haven't seen one drop sense the patch came

Did they nerf the drops?

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Has anyone been getting any looms after the patch? I've ran heroic 4-5 times and I haven't seen one drop sense the patch came

Did they nerf the drops?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/140...aenor-5-5-2014

No, just because you, sample size of one didn't see drops doesn't mean its been nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

No, just because you, sample size of one didn't see drops doesn't mean its been nerfed.
    Why'd yoy link a post about 6.02 when the patch in question is 6.03 ? And he didn't say the drop was altered; he asked if it was.

I was actually wondering the same. But although I think being able to get 'looms past your first kill of the week was unintentional, I think it's a substantial enough thing that they would let it stand until WoD launch.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Why'd yoy link a post about 6.02 when the patch in question is 6.03 ? And he didn't say the drop was altered; he asked if it was.

I was actually wondering the same. But although I think being able to get 'looms past your first kill of the week was unintentional, I think it's a substantial enough thing that they would let it stand until WoD launch.
    With the release of Patch 6.0, the drop rate of the Heirloom weapons from Garrosh Hellscream on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties will be significantly increased.
    Players who have yet to get any Heirlooms will have a 100% (guaranteed) chance of getting a spec-appropriate Heirloom when defeating Garrosh on Normal difficulty or higher.
    The chance of receiving additional Heirlooms beyond the first will also be increased.

The blog is about 6.0, whether thats 6.0.2 or 6.0.3 is irrelevant. I copied the bit that matters for clarity.

Did they nerf the drops?
    M8... I've got 32 Garrosh Mythic kills, I've receive a total of 2 fucking Mythic Heirlooms, 1 Bow for first loom and second was a 1h Healing mace. And those 2 were within the first 5 kills.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Yesterday I killed garrosh heroic on my combat rogue, thinking that it's my last chance to get the 2.6 agi weapon, since my guaranteed normal (flex) heirloom already dropped and it was 1.8. And guess what - another 1.8 drops. I probably won't be able to gear him for mythical, so I started to panic (I have a goal of getting all garrosh looms, only 3 remain). Then I decided to try out the thing you've described - I somehow managed to get invited to garrosh normal on my 531 resto shaman, so I set 'enh' as my loot spec - and there it was! My 2.6 agi weapon.

So yes, this can serve as a 100% confirmation that it does indeed work this way. Now I only have the agi staff and the tanking shield left. I don't have a warrior yet and my pala only has ret gear, so I hope to have the shield drop for my ret pal with 'prot' set as my loot spec.
    First loom of the char (100% one) will always be a weapon, so no tanking shield for pala/warr, healing shield for sham/pala or offhand for casters (and im sad bout it couse only rngjesus can help me get a shield to my shiny doomblade, despite having 2 warrs to get the 100% one)

I did normal first time on my druid right after 6.0.2 hit. Resto spec'ed and healing, guardian loot spec, and I got the polearm.
    All set for leveling now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but it really doesn't seem like they actually increased the drop rate on heirlooms. I've killed Heroic Garrosh 20-25 times since 6.0 and have yet to get an heirloom to drop. I have seen them drop for others (not the guaranteed drops, but random ones) so I know its still working, but it feels like the chance is still 10% and I've just had bad luck, as opposed to it being higher and having had really bad luck. I've also had many people in those kills who were also farming BoA's and they are appearing rather rarely from what I saw.

Obviously I could just be unlucky, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found out the chances didn't increase correctly or bugged out.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but it really doesn't seem like they actually increased the drop rate on heirlooms. I've killed Heroic Garrosh 20-25 times since 6.0 and have yet to get an heirloom to drop. I have seen them drop for others (not the guaranteed drops, but random ones) so I know its still working, but it feels like the chance is still 10% and I've just had bad luck, as opposed to it being higher and having had really bad luck. I've also had many people in those kills who were also farming BoA's and they are appearing rather rarely from what I saw.

Obviously I could just be unlucky, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found out the chances didn't increase correctly or bugged out.
    I might just be in the same situation as you would. Not getting the loom after X runs in normal or heroic (found out that normal (old flex (thou after one of the Garry loom runs I've found out you can get war forged items in the new flex norm(thought I was paranoid after i found it out)))

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post

After healing in 5-10 garry kills every day in the last 2 weeks I can say I have got ONE random loom. Another caster staff to my growing collection of caster staves. So unless I have a very bad rng atm I think Blizzard actually decreased it.

Ran normal in a pug on my DK as UH, but frost loot spec, to see if I could get a one-hander for my poor prot pally.

Mission accomplished!

Gonna go back and do heroic for a 2H shortly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be a good chance the drop rates might of been nerfed, or I'm just getting paranoid

Could be a good chance the drop rates might of been nerfed, or I'm just getting paranoid
    The drop rates were never high to begin with.

For people that have several alts that can run Normal/Heroic (and perhaps Mythic) I'd recommend using them to farm heirlooms for the rest of the characters. Getting 2 heirlooms for 2 runs (1 normal/1 heroic) is a lot better than an additional 10 runs for one possible heirloom of unknown type.