... LastLast
    Best new series: Agents of Shield

Best returning Series: Arrow

Best Overall series: Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by mahks View Post
    Currently Breaking Bad gets my vote.

All time best : Deadwood
    Deadwood? what's that about? it must be really old, never heard about it

anyone ever saw Dukes of Hazard, The A-team, Knight Rider, Streethawk and Airwolf? what would be this decades equivalent of those?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Aaaah, too many categories!

I don't believe I've watched any series that had it's first release in 2013, besides House of Cards. That and Agents of Shield are the only ones I've got my eyes on for this year's new series. But I've got like 10 different shows currently on air, so it's fine. (And by air, I don't mean this week, but as in it's not finished and is still to get a season/episode within an year from now.)
    Just watched 20 mins of House of Cards, so far it's looking pretty good really liking it

Mores so than I liked Scandal's premier

anyone follow The Newsroom?

Favorite New Show: Master Chef Junior xD

Favorite Returning Show: Homeland

Favorite All-Around Show: The Good Wife

36 mins into House of Cards and loving Kevin Spacey.. the character he is playing and how he is portraying him.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    "Deadwood is an American western television series that was created, produced and largely written by David Milch[1][2] and aired on the premium cable network HBO from March 21, 2004, to August 27, 2006, spanning three 12-episode seasons. The show is set in the 1870s in Deadwood, South Dakota, before and after the area's annexation by the Dakota Territory. The series charts Deadwood's growth from camp to town, incorporating themes ranging from the formation of communities to western capitalism. The show features a large ensemble cast, and many historical figures appear as characters on the show—such as Seth Bullock, Al Swearengen, Wild Bill Hickok, Sol Star, Calamity Jane, Wyatt Earp, George Crook, E. B. Farnum, Charlie Utter, Jack McCall and George Hearst. The plot lines involving these characters include historical truths as well as substantial fictional elements. Milch used actual diaries and newspapers from 1870s Deadwood residents as reference points for characters, events, and the look and feel of the show. Some of the characters are fully fictional, although they may have been based on actual persons."

I hope 2004 isn't "really old" to you...

Have you heard about every "new" show then?

Have you heard about every "new" show then?
    no , but on searching, I couldn't find it on any tv series site, so concluded it must not have been recent or probably pre-internet.

Deleted
    Supernatural is still my all time favorite series. It's the series that got me into watching series lol. Now i can't watch anything English though.

Currently Watching Agents of Shield though i agree with the majority it could be ALOT better. Breaking bad is epic, also watching for my second time with a friend at the moment.
    I quite like Once upon a time still watching that. As well as the usual South Park, American Dad, Family Guy and Big Bang Theory.

Used to love watching Chuck before it finished. Couldn't get into Green Arrow (I even preferred Smallville over that). Going to try Sleepy Hollow and the Tomorrow People as well as Alice and Wonderland tonight. I do have a life honest.

For those who haven't seen but really like their comics i would highly recommend Comic Book Men. I Watched series 2 and the few episodes of series 3 in 2 days. Was hooked.

Thanks for this Post though. I constantly looking for new series to watch due to my addictive personality i go through them very quick when i like them. So good job!

no , but on searching, I couldn't find it on any tv series site, so concluded it must not have been recent or probably pre-internet.
    I find all the usual data when I search for "Deadwood", IMDb, Wikipedia, Google Info Search Thingy, HBO, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    Thanks for this Post though. I constantly looking for new series to watch due to my addictive personality i go through them very quick when i like them. So good job!
    don't just thank me, thank everyone that's contributing here, I never would have found out about Orphan Black which i'm in love with or Breaking Bad which I'm still not sure about after I put a pause on it after 25 mins - I never got into The Wire, Weeds or The Sopranos, though I do mean to check em out.

oh also, I probably woudl have completely forgotten about The Blacklist i chained watched the first 3 spidoseds and really liked, but must have forgotten totally about somehow amongst all this research..so many series.

- - - Updated - - -

I find all the usual data when I search for "Deadwood", IMDb, Wikipedia, Google Info Search Thingy, HBO, etc.
    i didn't google it for info on it, I didn't doubt it existed, I just checked my usual sites to find the first episode to watch, but did't find it so concluded it must be older than the last few years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    snip

I hope 2004 isn't "really old" to you...
    thanks ofr the info on Deadwood, a nice synopsis without revealiging anything aboutt he show, which is oone of the reasons I avoid wikipedia and googling a show to find out more info on it, they tend to have spoilers.. i usually instead try to find an episode to watch.

and as for age, it's just a number .. ppl get too judgy over it5

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst new show: Agents of shield
    What a pice of shit tv series this is.... Even worse than Failing skyes and that crap about time traveling...

Bad acting crap characters and ideas.
    I hope it dies off very fast.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

darn..fofrgot about Suits

fave legal drama behind Franklin and BAsh and Fairly Legal...even Harry's Law first season which would have been a joint top.

Deleted
    I've stopped watching agents of shield after 3 episodes. I was waiting for this for months to be let down pretty hard. Think lola is the best character lol. Going to start watching Dexter soon. Also for people who haven't seen The Tomorrow People, it's highly recommended still.

Best new series is without a doubt, House of Cards. Kevin Spacey is a fucking legend.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

i watch a lot of TV, probably too much tbh, but here's my picks of what is actually worth watching this year. in no particular order

modern family
    the middle
    trophy wife - new show, pretty good actually
    how i met your mother
    hello ladies - new show, also pretty good
    eastbound and down
    the walking dead
    american horror story - season 3 has been great so far, each season is it's own individual story
    the crazy ones - new show, sarah michelle gellar and robin williams
    the tomorrow people - new show, kind of like a heroes remake with a worse storyline, not too bad overall though will see how it develops
    marvels agents of shield - new show, knowing joss whedon's style, it's gonna take 10-12 episodes to actually ramp up into what people are probably expecting.
    the millers - new show, stupid funny, but still entertaining.
    mom - new show, stupid funny, reasonably entertaining
    dads - new show, stupid funny, still undecided if i like it.
    welcome to the family - new show, i actually quite liked the premise of this one, but it's been cancelled already
    the michael j fox show - new show, kinda funny, good to see mj.fox acting again
    the blacklist - new show, kinda like white collar, but a bit more serious - not too bad, but not watched all of it yet.
    the big bang theory - it's a geek staple surely...
    homeland - shaping up nicely for it's third season
    new girl - always entertaining
    the goldbergs - new show, kind of a mix between the wonder years and malcolm in the middle
    adventure time - it's just bonkers, if you dont watch it, you should be.
    avatar: the legend of korra - season 2 is shaping up nicely, really enjoying it. great double expisode last week exploring the origin of the avatar
    storage wars - i think i'm getting old, i like seeing people make money out of junk
    sleepy hollow - new show, not bad actually, quite enjoying it, although it's not been on in 3 weeks...

also watching, ancient aliens (for the shits and giggles at how hilariously unfounded their ideas are) and castle (it's kinda funny sometimes)

breaking bad - sadly finished, but enjoyed every moment over the last 6 years! not like fucking LOST, damn you jj abrams, damn you!

edit: with regard to heroes/tomorrow people storyline critique, i'm talking about the first season of heroes - it went quickly downhill with the writers strike
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-10-30 at 12:36 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Just watched the pilot of Hostages yday, thought it was really good, really warming to it.

noticed no one put Defiance down - or was I the only one not impressed? found it hard to get into, but eventually started warming up to it.

do the pasties there look like futuristic elf types or what? they remind me of broken elves

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    noticed no one put Defiance down - or was I the only one not impressed? found it hard to get into, but eventually started warming up to it.

do the pasties there look like futuristic elf types or what? they remind me of broken elves
    According to my logs, I watched the first four episodes, but just couldn't get into it. It felt like some kind of Wild West soap opera with makeup and no real sci-fi at all! Even Marvel Agents of Shield has more sci-fi and character development.

So, I would not qualify it under any category as one of the "Best new series of 2013"...

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Best new series is without a doubt, House of Cards. Kevin Spacey is a fucking legend.
    Thank you!!! I loved Breaking Bad, but House of Cards blew my fucking mind. Every single episode, every single scene, delivers.

Go watch it people, you can rent it from Redbox if you don't have Netflix.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting on Almost Human with Karl Urban, shit looks good. Hope it's not to corny.