Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Why the hell would you want to bind 12 spells to your mouse? Especially spells like Mind Blast or Devouring Plague, or anything where a missclick can absolutely destroy your DPS, or momentum in PvP. The only actual use of those buttons I could think of would be /target boss123, /target party123 and /focus arena123 macros tbh, so I can stop using scroll for it, and even then I don't know how much easier it would be. Stick to the keyboard when it comes to actual spells.
    I missclick more on the keyboard then on my G600, i have not missclicked my MB or DP being on button G17 and G20 even ONCE since i got this mouse over 8 months ago while the spells on the keyboard are the common suspects, especially Dispersion being on R, it differs from person to person more then absolutely everyone failing with certain binds on the mouse like you are implying.

Where did you set this up? Synapse?
    The naga's configuration menu. I can't remember if it installs automatically or if you have to go grab it from Razer's site, but once you have it open you can go into assign buttons -> thumb grid view.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Best way to use a Naga:

Do NOT bind rotational abilities to it, long CDs are fine(Like T90). The buttons are not easily spammable when compared to a keyboard.

You should bind stuff like: PW: Shield, Fade, Dispersion, Silence, T15, T90, Fear, Dispel Magic, Mass Dispel, Shadowfiend, Levitate, VE, Leap of Faith.

Your keyboard should be used for DPS since all those spells free up and you can bind your DPS buttons so that they are very easy to reach and spammable.
    This. I've been using a Naga for a long time. I love it. But I would not bind my rotational spells onto the thumb pad. It's much better for CDs and other things. Some people think it's useless because of this, but it stops your keyboard hand from ever needing to move and limits the number of multiple key presses such as modifiers it needs to deal with. I use the thumb pad for my mumble binds, cds like dispersion, fade, etc., and targetting macros when relevant. Definitely not things in my rotation.

Don't forget that you can set your Naga to use things other than 1-= keys. You can also set it to things other than your numpad, since using shift with your numpad tends to turn those keys from shift-numpad1 to "end" and shift-numpad2 to "page down." I have mine setup as "ctrl-1", "ctrl-2", etc. So any macros with modifiers on it use ctrl and the other modifier key. It helps maximize my flexibility and doesn't really take much effort to add "ctrl" to the buttons.

Another tip: don't use the sticky rubber placefinders. Instead, put your abilities on another action bar with whatever bar mod you use. Set that bar to have a width of 3 buttons and a height of 4. That's exactly like your naga, and it will help you visualize where things are on your thumbpad without using the rubber nubs that make it take longer overall to get used to.

Here's an example. Notice the keys are bound to ctrl-1, etc. The bottom left, where my hearth is, is actually not bound as you can tell. It's for mumble. Same with the bottom right. A different bind in mumble. I sometimes put food or whatever in these spots but had actually forgotten what was there, since I keep this bar hidden generally.

Last edited by Mctriple; 2013-10-21 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added screenshot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamrocket View Post
    The naga's configuration menu. I can't remember if it installs automatically or if you have to go grab it from Razer's site, but once you have it open you can go into assign buttons -> thumb grid view.
    I'll have a look into that.

Can't envision spamming Naga without Autohotkey though.

Why the hell would you want to bind 12 spells to your mouse? Especially spells like Mind Blast or Devouring Plague, or anything where a missclick can absolutely destroy your DPS, or momentum in PvP. The only actual use of those buttons I could think of would be /target boss123, /target party123 and /focus arena123 macros tbh, so I can stop using scroll for it, and even then I don't know how much easier it would be. Stick to the keyboard when it comes to actual spells.
    So your logic is don't bind key abilities to your mouse because missclicking makes it too risky but do use the scroll button to bind things. lol

I bind all my core rotational abilities to my mouse (about 9 buttons) and 3 important cooldowns. I bind utility and occasional cooldowns to my keyboard, I also bind things like mounts and professions to my keyboard.

For my naga I don't have any main spells bind at all. Seeing all of you guys doing so, makes me think maybe I should try, but what will my left hand do in the mean time!

Numlock using here for my nage.
    1 target macro
    2 (free atm, was gloves, but I got them bound to DP now)
    3 Prayer of Mending
    4 Void tendrils
    5 Nitro boots

rest of the buttons are bound, but I can't reach them (small hands/ short fingers) without cramping up :P.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Deleted
    If you Naga users could try running a mouse accuracy game while constantly pressing your side buttons. I'm quite sure you will have issues having full accuracy. That's the sole reason for why I don't use a Naga and moved away from spam abilities on mouse buttons. I am even having issues having full accuracy in a mouse test with just my two side buttons on my Mionix Naos 5000.

I agree, Ariadne. The sideways pressure, at least for my grip, makes me not want to need to click on things like raid frames with thumb buttons. However, there are soo many spells in WoW that I always find plenty of use for them with other abilities. I used to have to use modifiers on a lot of abilities to minimize keyboard hand movement. Shifting some to the thumb gets rid of that nicely. As you can see from the post with that pic, there are quite a few abilities where accuracy doesn't matter, but speed/ease of use does. That's what I like about the Naga or any "mmo mouse." More buttons without having to use key combinations like modifiers to keep things in reach.

Deleted
    Sure, having spells that you don't use often probably works great. I just find my keyboard sufficient for every bind I need and I rather have constantly full accuracy with my mouse and also a mouse that doesn't have buttons where I have my thumb but instead is formed for my thumb.

I think modifiers doesn't add much difficulty since I've played both StarCraft 2 and Dota 2 at a high level and shift and ctrl are used a lot anyway and my little finger just naturally rests on shift and with very small movement to get to ctrl. I don't use ctrl for spells I use often for that reason but I find the shift modifier very natural and easy to use.

Keyboard:1-VAmpiric touch
    2-mind flay
    3-Mind blast
    4-Mind Spike(and some other abilities I won't mention)
    naga
    1SwP
    2-DP
    3M Sear(rarely used, usually searing through healing bars, VuhDo)
    4SWD
    5Racial(le troll)
    6 VE
    7 Fade 8 extrabutton1
    9 Fear
    10 Manabeast
    11 I forgot nothing, I think
    12 Roots
    The idea is to place none of the channeling/cast able abilities on naga to prevent the channeling breaks. Reason-my main is Melee, so almost all the fight im running with the right mouse button pressed. Also, even if I'm not, it's just feeling better, to have all cast-timed DPS spells on 12345 keyboard(so you won't press any while running, or press DI/FDLC proc), upside of the mouse buttons for instant damage dealers(1-5) and bottom for self-surviability(6-12). I also got some weird binds-on-run like Shift Q for shield, alt Q for disarm, E for silence, but it's more PVP cast on run stuff; overall it's really easy to divide that stuff on 3 groups(keyboard, top side of the naga buttons, bottom side) and it works in a very associative way in extreme situations(PVP ofc)
    Edit:11 is dispersion
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

I can't believe so many people use the Naga for rotation abilities... don't your fingers hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I can't believe so many people use the Naga for rotation abilities... don't your fingers hurt?
    you are using only one finger, not a big deal.
    Being able to move your camera on run and hit some instant spells plus strafe on keyboard from shitzones-big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Deleted
    Naga and similar mice like the Logitech G600 which I have are excellent. There are never enough buttons. NEVER! All of them can be put to good use and they are almost always better on the mouse than on the keyboard, mostly because these days there are a lot of spells.

What exactly do you do with your thumb anyways? I use my left hand for movement and this mouse allows me to not break the controls while casting like a mofo.

Deleted
    Well you can all have a giggle at my bindings, my bro does and he too has a naga. However, he is a much better and more serious player than me. To each his own I say

MOUSE:
    1: Set Focus Target
    2: Trinket (pvp)
    3: Extra action button
    4: empty
    5: Dots on focus target macro
    6: Potion
    7: empty
    8: Devouring Plague
    9: Fishing Raft

I personally find 4, 7 and the bottom row not easily accessible, or rather, I feel I don't have a firm control of the mouse to be able to reach these. I should macro some utility there, just haven't gotten around to it. I find 2, 5 and 8 very easy to hit though.

Scroll up: Mind Flay
    Scroll down: Shadowfiend/Mindbender
    Middle Scroll: Mind Blast
    Shft-Middle Scroll: Mind Spike (when using FDCL)
    Button behind scroll wheel 1: Mind Seer
    Furthest button: Vampiric Embrace

KEYBOARD:

1 SWP, 2 VT, 3 T90, 4 SWD 5 Macro for Buffs+Shadowform, 6 Psy Horror, 7 Heal other macro, 8 Shackle

FKEYS:
    F1 Mass Dispel, F2 Fear Ward, F3 Healthstone, F4 Hymn, F5 Tranq (symby), F6 Food, F7 Cakes, F11 Flag of Ownership, F12 PvP Banner

OTHER: I use mouse+ A and D to strafe, freeing up Q and E for spells so you will find these... "interesting"
    Q Feathers, E Disperse, T Make focus target main target, Y Psychic Scream, U Silence, I mount
    F Fade, G Flash Heal, H Heal and shield me, L Leap of Faith with heals/shield macro'd to it

I must add, I am 100% touch typist with around 120+WPM so I can very easily locate keys on my keyboard without having to look.
    When I talk of heals, it's those that I can use in shadowform, just PoM and Renew. Apart from G, Flash heal, which I rarely use

I enjoyed reading through this thread. It's interesting to see how others use their mouse keybinds. Personally I think the naga is wasted on me, but it was a gift from my bro, so I do the best I can with it. I cannot imagine using ALL my spells on it though!

For the nerds who are binding there rotation to the mouse... You do know there is slightly more input lag from it correct? So you are not playing optimally bye using it for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    For the nerds
    Gonna' get far on this forum like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    who are binding there rotation to the mouse... You do know there is slightly more input lag from it correct? So you are not playing optimally bye using it for that purpose.
    Seems to operate at the same speed as my keyboard to me. Then again, human error is far going to out weigh the slightest difference in input lag so it really makes zero difference.

Depends on what I'm playing, for the most part I have my cooldowns or abilities I use occasionally (Blood Tap, Horn of Winter, Dark Sim for example) on my Naga. The only character I have "rotational" abilities bound to my naga is on my Rogue which I PvP on primarily.

Deleted
    using a mouse for bindings is a terrible idea. Learn to use your keyboard, its 100 times better

Quote Originally Posted by Osheri View Post
    using a mouse for bindings is a terrible idea. Learn to use your keyboard, its 100 times better
    Do you have any reasons or are you just saying that for the fun of it?

Are people who poo poo mouse binding using their mouse for all of their movement? Myself I bind all 12 keys + ctrl and shift modifiers. Mouse scroll/middle click tends to be unused as do the shoulder buttons (purely due to ease of use). Rotational/a few cool downs go on unmodified, otherwise it's the less common and cooldowns on the mouse. I move with wasd and will bind a few other keys like r, f, v, x for needed but not cooldown things (like pet attack, passive, move to for pet classes). Then again I'm also not a high end raider and I typically am only clicking to target on either large mobs or "one of many" mobs in aoe situations (where accuracy doesn't matter). My mouse bindings were never the limiting issue in raid progress.

I'm just wondering how "mouse accuracy being thrown off from thumb clicking" and misclicking can be issues for someone who has actually put a decent amount of time in getting used to the mouse. Anyone know how world firsters bind their nagas?

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    It is painfully obvious that you have never used this mouse. It is a god send and anyone who says otherwise hasnt used it and therefore get no opinion. Miss clicking was grasping at straws. \

I use the mouse, I have mine set up like:

Main action bar: (nomod) 1-12
    2nd (middle) action bar: (shift) 1-12
    3rd (bottom) action bar: (ctrl) 1-12

Here is reference

Mage

Monk

I can link my priest when I get home.
    can anyone tell me what addons list the buffs (like Blessing of Might) nice and neat in a list in the top right, and also what addon does the raid frames in the 2 screenshots?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock