Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    How are you not using KJC on Thok? Don't know your strategy but with ours I'm quite sure I would loose lots of dps with AD.
    Well for half the fight you're standing still (kinda), and during the kite phase you do a circle round the room then down and back up, and for this phase you just stack in the middle and he's still in range.

The damage difference between MG and FF isn't really that big, and you can minimise movement a lot in this fight.

As destro I'd take KJC because of how much mana fel flame costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    How are you not using KJC on Thok? Don't know your strategy but with ours I'm quite sure I would loose lots of dps with AD.
    Not really, he'll move out of your range during the last few stacks of Blood Frenzy sure, but he'd do that even if you had KJC. Position yourself in the sort of "middle" and you can dps him without moving for the most part.

Deleted
    Playing affliction, I don't see any reason to go KJC on any fight at all. The movement is quite limited on the entire instance, at least with the tactics my guild uses. Having each DS combined with a BBoY proc is such a huge win that I really don't care about getting some Fel Flame instead of MG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    As destro I'd take KJC because of how much mana fel flame costs.
    A good chunk of that is offset by the faster Ember generation FF provides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    A good chunk of that is offset by the faster Ember generation FF provides.
    Yeah but it depends how much you have to move. If you get fixated and have to keep moving you will go oom, and then you still need to get back into position afterwards.

For destro dark soul isn't as good of a CD as it is for afflic/demo, so you have a bit more leeway in which talent you choose, IMO. I think it also depends on how high your haste is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but it depends how much you have to move. If you get fixated and have to keep moving you will go oom, and then you still need to get back into position afterwards.

For destro dark soul isn't as good of a CD as it is for afflic/demo, so you have a bit more leeway in which talent you choose, IMO. I think it also depends on how high your haste is.
    Swings and roundabouts, the spec is resource capped anyway, so being stuck doing nothing because OOM isn't quite as big a hit as it feels like it is. You can use Burning Rush to open up some ground in any case, but I think if you're fixated you can pretty much just accept that your DPS is going to tank regardless.

10+ Year Old Account

You can control exactly who gets fixated so unless your guild is especially cruel it should almost never be a warlock.

As for end tier flexibility, I think KJC has a lot more utility in destro than affliction. With affliction it's understood that as soon as you stop moving you can immediately begin channeling, and even if you end up having to move again you will still have done damage with the MG ticks. This coupled with the fact that less of the focus is on channeling this tier and you have a talent that is no longer the go-to for affliction for any fight except a select few. For destruction KJC is just so much more useful — instead of thinking "is there even a reason to use KJC" like I do with affliction when I approach a fight, I'm thinking "why shouldn't I be?"

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    On the contrary, Paragons in particular, critical DPS burns in that fight leads me to say that extra Dark Soul on demand is pretty important. Siegecrafter could argue it either way.
    Since early progress we didnt really have any issue with "critical dps burns", sometimes its a little close sure but never really an issue :P.
    Between Whirling, Rapid Fire, Caustic Amber ( Which 99.9% of the time I cant even see spawning with my lowest graphics, so whenever its about to spawn I am just running around as much as possible so that I am already moving when it lands ), Death from above, personally I am sure I would lose more dps by going AD. If I could see caustic amber spawning maybe I would even consider AD but still, I prefer KJC.

I can see your point of view about AD for burning bosses during Encased amber, or poisened mind before the 2nd Catalsyt, but from my own personal opinion I prefer KJC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    You can control exactly who gets fixated so unless your guild is especially cruel it should almost never be a warlock.

As for end tier flexibility, I think KJC has a lot more utility in destro than affliction. With affliction it's understood that as soon as you stop moving you can immediately begin channeling, and even if you end up having to move again you will still have done damage with the MG ticks. This coupled with the fact that less of the focus is on channeling this tier and you have a talent that is no longer the go-to for affliction for any fight except a select few. For destruction KJC is just so much more useful — instead of thinking "is there even a reason to use KJC" like I do with affliction when I approach a fight, I'm thinking "why shouldn't I be?"
    Woah woah woah, we got our first thok kill like 4 weeks ago but ive never seen any indication that you can control who gets fixated, please share!
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Woah woah woah, we got our first thok kill like 4 weeks ago but ive never seen any indication that you can control who gets fixated, please share!
    I actually got a ton of PMs about this after posting, surprised more people don't know about it. We kind of figured it out by accident when we progressed on it a few weeks back. Basically Thok selects the furthest target inside a parameter distance, and this threshold distance gets further and further which each fixate. The first fixate picks the furthest person within about 20 yards. The distance increases by about 20 yards each fixate, so for the second fixate he picks the furthest player within 40 yards, and for the third the furthest player within 60 yards, etc.

We basically made two people with awesome move speed (priest feathers awww yea) stand out and take the fixate every time while everyone else (except tanks and our one melee on the jailer) followed Thok.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Not really, he'll move out of your range during the last few stacks of Blood Frenzy sure, but he'd do that even if you had KJC. Position yourself in the sort of "middle" and you can dps him without moving for the most part.
    This might greatly change depending on a guilds positioning but you would have insanely low dps up time with ours trying to swing that. he would be constantly moving out of range.

Also considering how the fixate for blood frenzy works I would NEVER want to be out of range of the boss. I'm literally chasing the boss staying within a specific distance for every single fixate kicking in burning rush half way through the phase and then rocket boots for the very last one. There is literally no way to make up that dps with AD.

@furty: iono, seems like a bit more than 20 yards on the first one, but yeah also kinda surprised more people didn't figure this out fairly quickly. We figured this out after the first few pulls when people were getting re-fixated and dying from running overly far away from the boss.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2013-10-23 at 08:08 PM.