Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Lightbringer Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Posts
    3,605

    Question Snow Elves, Dark Elves, and Sea Elves?

    Ok, so in just about every D&D universe, there multiple races of elf, right? Well I just noticed that in WoW, we have only like, three races. Ok, but let's break this down; High elves are basically uncorrupted Blood Elves are mageaholics, and night elves are the nocturnal, nature loving variations of elf.

    Ok...

    Not a lot of variety there.

    But where is the Drow? No fantasy universe is complete without dark elves, I'm surprised Warcraft doesn't have any. Snow Elves? Don't have those either, and no sea elves too.

    Warcraft; the fantasy universe with only two races of elf.

    I'm gonna cry now.
    Last edited by Valyrian Stormclaw; 2013-10-15 at 04:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Warchief Zeror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,237
    What other fantasy games has with elves does WoW have with Trolls. Night Elves evolved from Trolls over the years. So you get probably your answer there.

  3. #3
    that's probally cause the elves in Warcraft are evolved out of trolls.

    making their ancestory a lot more unique in elf lore. which i find a welcome change.

  4. #4
    Pit Lord Worgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kronos WoW - Vanilla server
    Posts
    2,318
    I'd rather have unique Snow, Dark, and Sea themed races. Instead of more elves.

  5. #5
    Dark elves, you ask? San'layn say hi.

  6. #6
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,199
    We already have too many elves. More elves? Bleck! :P
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Kurgath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    2,822
    As far as I know we have Dark Elves, and I'm pissed 'cause we can't choose them, it's the Undead Elves, that are like Vampires in WotLK.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    We already have too many elves. More elves? Bleck! :P
    Correct! No more elves!
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  9. #9
    And that is exactly why WoW is better than most other fiction universes - because it doesn't have a rainbow set of elves.

  10. #10
    uhhhhh nope i like wow unique in his way than brought to the MMO default crap

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    And that is exactly why WoW is better than most other fiction universes - because it doesn't have a rainbow set of elves.
    Amen.

    10 char

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,450
    You can never have enough elves.

  13. #13
    Warchief Sand Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tatooine (Outside Mos Eisley)
    Posts
    2,012
    im a fan of elf races but for wow, im happy with just the two. lets keep it that way.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    And that is exactly why WoW is better than most other fiction universes - because it doesn't have a rainbow set of elves.
    This !

    The main reason I love the Warcraft universe is because it focuses on something else than elves. The main protagonists are either orcs or humans.

    I always hated the "Elves are so much better than humans in every way" dogma in fantasy games/books/movies.
    Here, they're as flawed as anyone else. They're just another race, not the race all others look up to.
    In the Warcraft universe, heroes have flaws, are hauted by their past, their deeds, they are "human"..

    That's why I cringe everytime someone asks for High Elves for the Alliance, or for more "Elven" races to be added...

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,338
    Well after Blizzard finally throws the elf lovers a High Elf race, no doubt a year later the same people will be asking for dark elves, low elves, red elves and blue elves. A tough crowd to please, those ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  16. #16
    Night elves, high elves, blood elves, fel elves, snake elves, goat elves, san'layn...

    That's some elves right there already. Wouldn't mind underground elves, though.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2013-10-15 at 05:38 PM.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,331
    Sea elves? You mean naga?
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  18. #18
    I am still holding out for an mmo/rpg where dwarves are the main focus. Then again that might get too much flak because people would complain that their femine, hairless, hippy knife-ears aren't the center of attention.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome nightguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Sea elves? You mean naga?
    I'm surprised no one said these guys already...
    Wow secretly has all those elves you just have to look.

  20. #20
    And what exactly are "snow elves" etc, how are they different to others?

    They're just elves that live in cold places?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •