Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd agree too much of our healing comes from smart heals (especially HST), but it does so for most other healers as well. The percentages people are claiming their HST totem is doing is likely due to not needing to perform to their full potential on a fight or on terribly designed encounters like Immerseus. The only time(10 man) HST is a top contributor is either when a fight is on farm, or on really spread out fights, the fights where we really shine HST likely won't be above 10% if you're playing the class to its potential and not running with too many healers. Dropping HST is a bit of a simplification of maximizing its potential unless you're just trying to snipe heal, it's by no means as interesting as managing ReM and Uplift but it's not much simpler than Wild Growth or Prayer of Mending, just on a longer CD.

On our first H Protectors kill which I've found to be the hardest to heal (2 healing) thus-far, HST was only 7.4% of my throughput, I don't think that's an excessive amount of healing from it considering the current state of the game for healers. Conversely on H Immerseus HST was 28.3%. I'd be more inclined to think inflated HST numbers are due to bad encounter design rather than class design; both of these cases are somewhat polar examples of spell use on encounters, but regardless, on the hard fights where it really matters player skill is equally important for a resto shaman as it is for any other healer.
    Last edited by Barrun; 2013-10-22 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Just gonna play devil's advocate for a second here, but if you find shaman boring, why not roll another class? I can understand if you have a lot built up for your shaman now, but why not change next expansion or something?

Yeah I could see him being pretty bad at times. Even more so for 10 man.
    I've played shaman since Vanilla, do not plan on changing that anytime soon. Maybe my alts. The problem I have, is that HST w/ RS is too much of my healing, and it feels like I am not healing my raid. I would rather if they nerfed that totem and buffed all of our heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    I'd agree too much of our healing comes from smart heals (especially HST), but it does so for most other healers as well. The percentages people are claiming their HST totem is doing is likely due to not needing to perform to their full potential on a fight or on terribly designed encounters like Immerseus. The only time(10 man) HST is a top contributor is either when a fight is on farm, or on really spread out fights, the fights where we really shine HST likely won't be above 10% if you're playing the class to its potential and not running with too many healers. Dropping HST is a bit of a simplification of maximizing its potential unless you're just trying to snipe heal, it's by no means as interesting as managing ReM and Uplift but it's not much simpler than Wild Growth or Prayer of Mending, just on a longer CD.

On our first H Protectors kill which I've found to be the hardest to heal (2 healing) thus-far, HST was only 7.4% of my throughput, I don't think that's an excessive amount of healing from it considering the current state of the game for healers. Conversely on H Immerseus HST was 28.3%. I'd be more inclined to think inflated HST numbers are due to bad encounter design rather than class design; both of these cases are somewhat polar examples of spell use on encounters, but regardless, on the hard fights where it really matters player skill is equally important for a resto shaman as it is for any other healer.
    I hate healing H Immersius with a passion, Im pretty resigned to the fact that I only heal it because of phase 2, else we would 2 heal it

Shaman are awesome on H protectors, but TBH that fight is just a bitch to 2 heal, its doable for sure, but so much shit can go wrong, its not worth it unless your DPS is really bad and you have to have that extra one
    Kengos-Frost/Blood DK:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...engos/advanced
    Genndori-Ele/Resto Shaman:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndori/advanced
    Battletag-Genndori#1959

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    I've played shaman since Vanilla, do not plan on changing that anytime soon. Maybe my alts. The problem I have, is that HST w/ RS is too much of my healing, and it feels like I am not healing my raid. I would rather if they nerfed that totem and buffed all of our heals.
    Ooooh. Ok. I get you. I can agree there. I thought were you referring to healing rain and chain heal, along side with ascendence form. That you stated that, I can understand it. But why complain when it's strong and easy?
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in no way a raider... normal or heroic for that matter. But last night we were doing Nazgrim Flex with 3 healers and my smartheals took about 40% of my healing done. This changed a lot and I had to do a lot more when we got to 2 healing him because we had some DPS issues. (15 man btw).

I think if your smartheals do most of your healing done.... you are taking to much healers. Learning the fight and having it on farm are big issues as well. Back in DS the first Deathwing fight on his back was a pain for me on heroic. After we killed it 3 times it went smooth as hell and I had less to heal.