Deleted

Blood DK Gear 5.4

Hello fellow Death Knights, I have been wondering how to gear for 5.4. I like to have my gear planned out ahead so i know where to bonus coin and what items i should roll on.

My character is Azyx on Twisting Nether EU if you'd like to give me some advice.

I went for a Mastery > Haste build in 5.2 - 5.3, but now it seems like haste has lost some value due to SoB changes where avoidance on the other hand has gained something from both SoB changes and Riposte. I raid 10-man Heroic and it seems like avoidance is the way to go?

I've been thinking something along the lines of [Hit Cap 7.5% > Exp Cap 7.5% (15?) > Mastery (200-250%) > Stamina > Parry > Dodge > Haste]

I'm planning to use the Tank 4-set aswell as Tank Meta / Cloak.

Trinket wise i think Thok's Tail Tip and Vial of Living Corruption are the best choices, but i'd be happy to get some imput.

For gems i'm not certain about the red ones, i'm going for:

Blue: 160 Mastery - 120 Stam
    Yellow: 320 Mastery
    Red: 160 Expertise / Parry - 160 Mastery

Please tell me how you are gearing in a 10-man Heroic environment.

Hit to 7.5% > Exp to 7.5% > Comfortable level of Mastery > Parry > Dodge.

The level of Mastery you are comfortable with is your decision. I have Mastery on most of my gear, but I reforge much of it away in favor of Parry for more DPS, and I gem for full avoidance. Feel free to look at my armory in my sig. Exp to 15% and Haste are not useless, but you should not gear for them purposefully. You shouldn't need to gem for Stamina in 10H.

Tank meta is a must for progression. Tank 4-set is very nice and should be sought. Tank cloak is useful on most progression fights. DPS cloak is nice for heavy cleave fights or if your survival isn't threatened.

Trinkets:
    -Vial of Living Corruption is always useful.
    -Rook's for Stam/AOE damage reduction. Default 2nd survival trinket for me.
    -Thok's is a good general purpose hybrid dps/surv trinket, but its survival benefit is diminished if you run low mastery.
    -Skeer's for single target DPS.
    -Fusion-Fire Core for heavy cleave DPS.
    Last edited by Cryopathy; 2013-10-22 at 11:14 AM.

Reforge/Gem Mastery as much as possible, and make sure your hit/exp cap is spot on

I'm currently working on the last of normals, my guild struggled a bit with some of the encounters, and our paladin tank is a bit of a hindrance on most fights. That being said, this is what I can say about gearing.

1: Cryopathy has a lot of good points. You can see my current build, and gear for an example, and his is also another great example of it. I believe Tonath is looking at a build in which you smooth out as much damage taken, but that build is pretty poor for pushing heroic 10 man because tank damage is very very necessary for doing heroics with only 10 people.
    2. His choice of trinkets are really nice, now I've been unlucky with thok's tail, so I'm still using the spark, until I do get it, that or one of the other trinkets he named, but I've had very little luck with any trinket beside the vial.
    3. He does note that anything over 7.5 expertise is useless, but as I've seen so far in SoO, just about every stupid piece of gear has expertise, and I just can't seem to get rid of the stuff at this point.
    4. Haste is no longer useful, it's all about the avoidance, and while it provides a rng intake, it also vastly increases your dps, which I find to be one of the most important things in 10 mans.

Just my 2 cents.

Just how much of a dps gain are you getting for losing all of that mastery? I've noticed that my DPS has fallen below my prot warrior co-tank and I'm looking to increase it. I typically run a Heroic Greatsword from ToT with Crusader on it. Bo-ris is just my "tank" weapon.

I pulled around 140k on our first Garrosh kill where I didn't tank in P1. I grabbed adds and brought them over to our warrior who just Tclapped and took aggro.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...todie/advanced
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Prot warrior dps is in a pretty good place right now.
    Also no surprise if he pulls aggro off you with high vengeance and tclap, especially if he is running the tclap glyph that increases it's damage and cd (can't recall the name of it)

No way to really tell how much your dps would increase, varies on your vengeance, number of targets, if you are the main tank or not, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Just how much of a dps gain are you getting for losing all of that mastery? I've noticed that my DPS has fallen below my prot warrior co-tank and I'm looking to increase it. I typically run a Heroic Greatsword from ToT with Crusader on it. Bo-ris is just my "tank" weapon.

I pulled around 140k on our first Garrosh kill where I didn't tank in P1. I grabbed adds and brought them over to our warrior who just Tclapped and took aggro.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...todie/advanced
    Mind you these are seperate logs from a month apart, where I've gained about 5 IL from then, but here are my logs from mastery build:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4gzatlufa7lt0v2t/
    and my logs with avoidance build:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cxwrtpxzudi02w6m/

Still a pretty sizable difference.

P1 of Garrosh really becomes a Vengeance battle between both tanks with how much damage is going out. If you are not the tank on Garrosh the whole time the best thing to do is taunt a couple adds off after the buff is applied to them, this will drastically increase your Vengeance as well. I know on 25man my guilds other tank (prot pally) had to do this otherwise all the adds would just stick to me, 250k+ Vengeance + BB=not losing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kiblermission View Post
    Mind you these are seperate logs from a month apart, where I've gained about 5 IL from then, but here are my logs from mastery build:
    œ∑®†ˆ¨ˆ˚¨¬∂©˙
    Still a pretty sizable difference.
    (Cant quote links yet)
    Looking at Sha of pride 10N where the encounter times are comparable with 7:12 and 7:10. worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cxwrtpxzudi02w6m/details/9/?s=2916&e=3347 and worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4gzatlufa7lt0v2t/details/31/?s=3485&e=3917 (I can't post links yet)Its quite clear that you have improved quite a bit as a player as well - It would be an erroneous conclusion to assume that the increase in dps is a result your change in gear. My point is that you have improved as a player so much so that where you were On the 9-25 kill cannot be accurately juxtaposed to the 10-16 kill. Without going into to much detail about the logs on 9-25 you didn't use death and decay at all and only 2 soul reapers, if you look at creature damage taken you can see that before you weren't blood boiling for much more than uptime's too. not to mention using ams for rp from swelling ect. Anyways congrats on all of the improvement I appreciated your contribution but... that cannot be used to properly show the increase in dps from avoidance build. PS. I r diehard mastery love-a.