Poll: Best non-DK farming class

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Poll: Best non-DK farming class

We all know that DKs are the best soloers of old-world content, but what would you say is the next best?

1. In terms of killing old raid content.
    2. In terms of farming achievements.

i'd probably say paladin :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats some weird poll choices.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

True enough, but those are the four main classes I hear about in solo discusses; paladin seems to have fallen off. I was just too lazy to type everything out. Haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    True enough, but those are the four main classes I hear about in solo discusses; paladin seems to have fallen off. I was just too lazy to type everything out. Haha
    We can still solo LK-25 heroic and Yogg+0 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter hands down. One of the reasons I play one.
    The important thing to remember, like @Blitzo said: hunter is a DPS while pet is tanking like a semi decent tank.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are the best at surviving even when fail - they can always sacrifice the pet and feign if something goes wrong.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Some bosses do hit harder on hunter pets than they do on a non-tank.

I personally think you should go for the class that has many (ranged) instants, speed increases, a (summoned) pet, possibly able to go human for rep increase and that has near instant queues and finds groups for pugs easily. If you really want to solo high end content, get an alt specific for that.

Classes that come to mind:
    1. Druid (a spec for nearly any boss!)
    2. Priest (great aoe farming skills and solos better than you'd expect)
    3. Monk (great survivability, very fast)
    4. Paladin (similiar to monk, less fast, less ranged abilities, lay on hands)
    5. DK (very good soloing, not so fast though)
    6. Shaman (very selfsustaining, just not too great aoe farming abilities unless elemental)

All of these classes have decent AoE farming skills, good survivability and find pugs rather easily. I posted them in the order I would take them for usefulness imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    Some bosses do hit harder on hunter pets than they do on a non-tank.

I personally think you should go for the class that has many (ranged) instants, speed increases, a (summoned) pet, possibly able to go human for rep increase and that has near instant queues and finds groups for pugs easily. If you really want to solo high end content, get an alt specific for that.

Classes that come to mind:
    1. Druid (a spec for nearly any boss!)
    2. Priest (great aoe farming skills and solos better than you'd expect)
    3. Monk (great survivability, very fast)
    4. Paladin (similiar to monk, less fast, less ranged abilities, lay on hands)
    5. DK (very good soloing, not so fast though)
    6. Shaman (very selfsustaining, just not too great aoe farming abilities unless elemental)

All of these classes have decent AoE farming skills, good survivability and find pugs rather easily. I posted them in the order I would take them for usefulness imo.
    What do "finding pugs" have to do with topic?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    What do "finding pugs" have to do with topic?
    The OP asked for a class that was good for farming achievements. Many achievements can't be soloed.

Probably monk, there is some cases when a lock would be better but I think monk would be the best in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter are the best soloers of old-world content. DKs are in second place.
    To think, DKs couldn't manage to solo Algalon during Cataclysm, while a hunter did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    To think, DKs couldn't manage to solo Algalon during Cataclysm, while a hunter did.
    Pets have up and downsides. Hunters chouldn't solo some fights a DK can. Hunters had a lot of issues in Tempest Keep untill recently.

The "best" class for dungeon soloing and farming achievements all depends on what you want, not considering fun. Which fights do you want to solo? Because all classes solo their fair share, while DK, Paladin, monk and hunter seem best.
    Which achievements do you want to farm? Do you want to farm mainly dungeon/raid metas? The good soloers come to mind. Or do you want to farm reps too? Then a class with instant ranged abilities and speed increases comes to mind. Or would you like to get current content achievements? Then a class which can pug easily comes to mind. I pointed out which classes are good for this a few posts ago.

Deleted
    The OP asked for a class that was good for farming achievements. Many achievements can't be soloed.
    I think he meant raid achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Dk would still be top.
    Reason behind would be because of Raewyn.
    That guy is mental!

His youtube channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock for me, decent tank with grimoire of supremacy, can have him soak just about anything with soul leech, even though it was nerfed, plus almost unlimted healing with ember tap with plenty of o shit buttons to back me up.

Deleted
    Warlock is definitely in the top 3. It's crazy what you can do with it. The pet with supremacy is amazing, it hits hard, it defends well enough. If you solo as a destrolock you've got an insane shield on you (though it was nerfed) but still huge. If you don't take melee damages than it's all good for you, the shield will stay on you. Then you have the talent to protect yourself. To be honest, yeah i'm sure hunters can compete with that... but locks do look particularly strong.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter and paladin seem decent to me. Nothing beats my dk however.

Deleted
    I would have guessed Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Pets have up and downsides. Hunters chouldn't solo some fights a DK can. Hunters had a lot of issues in Tempest Keep untill recently.

The "best" class for dungeon soloing and farming achievements all depends on what you want, not considering fun. Which fights do you want to solo? Because all classes solo their fair share, while DK, Paladin, monk and hunter seem best.
    Which achievements do you want to farm? Do you want to farm mainly dungeon/raid metas? The good soloers come to mind. Or do you want to farm reps too? Then a class with instant ranged abilities and speed increases comes to mind. Or would you like to get current content achievements? Then a class which can pug easily comes to mind. I pointed out which classes are good for this a few posts ago.
    Excuse me? Since when have hunters had trouble with Tempest keep? I have been soloing TK on my hunter since Wrath.

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!