1. #1

    shuriken toss still good in pvp?

    How is it these days? Especially for assassination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  2. #2
    PvP is so many things. You will often take marked for death, in order to be able to burst someone better when you can kill them. But is it an arena where you will be kited? If so, shurikens are super good. I always take ST when I flag carry. Why? I can build combo points and attack at range while I have a healer at me, so I can get glyph of recovery active. If I'm not flag carrying I'll normally run mfd so that I can burst better.

    As combat, mfd is weaker because of the extra combo point you get on finishing, and the big strength of it (extra restless blades procs) barely ever matters. Shuriken is less of an opportunity lost.

    As mutilate, shurikens become even more important if your comp allows you to run deadly, but you should really choose depending on whether you expect to need to put out pressure at range or not. Keep in mind, versus a comp that kites you until their shit runs out for five seconds can still be an mfd comp, if it helps you get that kill in there.


    The problem- the reason we can't use it much- is hard to call. MfD is very good, and shuriken throw is pretty shit. It was basically halved in power, and you need to be using the autoattack feature of it to consider it.

  3. #3
    I tried it yesterday on my relatively fresh 90 rogue. Timeless Isle gear, Honor shoulders and 2x daggers.

    I wont say it's good or bad, I'll just state what I saw. You then decide :P

    - It's affected by SnD (so every 1.1 sec (depending on haste) you get ranged few k dmg)
    - It does half of my DPS on Raid Boss Dummy (Yes, half lol)
    - It applies Lethal poison
    - It's fun in random BG's
    - Haven't tried it combined with Deadly Throw

    Most helpful is when the enemy somehow gets away (mostly due to 2nd enemy joining in) with low HP. Use it and become a niiiiiinjaaaa XD

    It's fun. Try it in random BG. After all, it only costs 1 tome to change it

  4. #4
    It's only useful when you know you're going to be fighting wizards and will be sitting in a root for most of the game, otherwise it's pretty useless.
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    It's only useful when you know you're going to be fighting wizards and will be sitting in a root for most of the game, otherwise it's pretty useless.
    See, this advice is arena specific.

    Most helpful is when the enemy somehow gets away (mostly due to 2nd enemy joining in) with low HP. Use it and become a niiiiiinjaaaa XD

    It's fun. Try it in random BG. After all, it only costs 1 tome to change it
    And this advice is random BG specific.



    Both sound about right, though in random BGs I really recommend marked for death, assuming that you play similar to me- you'll just get so very many free finishers. But for what he's describing- solo combat, someone tries to run back into the pack, yea.

    Note that, if anything, the move is too weak- being able to keep autoattack damage at range is big for an autoattack class, but it's by no means a hunter.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    See, this advice is arena specific.



    And this advice is random BG specific.



    Both sound about right, though in random BGs I really recommend marked for death, assuming that you play similar to me- you'll just get so very many free finishers. But for what he's describing- solo combat, someone tries to run back into the pack, yea.

    Note that, if anything, the move is too weak- being able to keep autoattack damage at range is big for an autoattack class, but it's by no means a hunter.
    Marked for death with assassination? I know that sub uses it for extra evisc but how useful is it for assas? I am using anticipation at the moment but i feel like its really just a pve talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Marked for death with assassination? I know that sub uses it for extra evisc but how useful is it for assas? I am using anticipation at the moment but i feel like its really just a pve talent.
    No matter the spec in arena's marked for death is the go to last teir talent, an extra free 5CP finisher while having all of your cooldowns up can easily finish someone off or get them within kill range for your partner to excute while you CC.
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    No matter the spec in arena's marked for death is the go to last teir talent, an extra free 5CP finisher while having all of your cooldowns up can easily finish someone off or get them within kill range for your partner to excute while you CC.
    Is it good to macro MfD with something or just keybind it alone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  9. #9
    Shuriken Toss ignores disarm.
    You can build cp while disarmed with it.

    Running mages / hunters / monks tied several times to it while i was rooted.
    Personally its really hard to say, both shurken toss and mfd won games for me.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is it good to macro MfD with something or just keybind it alone?
    Just have it standalone, macroing in could waste the cooldown if the move was dodged or parried.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Shuriken Toss ignores disarm.
    You can build cp while disarmed with it.

    Running mages / hunters / monks tied several times to it while i was rooted.
    Personally its really hard to say, both shurken toss and mfd won games for me.
    It only hits hits for about 16k on geared players, my auto attacks hit harder than that, and ou should be getting CP just fine through Honor Amoung Theives.
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post


    It only hits hits for about 16k on geared players, my auto attacks hit harder than that, and ou should be getting CP just fine through Honor Amoung Theives.
    Your auto attacks dont reach the target while rooted without it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •