Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Umm..I'm sorry, when did I say they don't exist? You're getting awfully angry and defensive for something you have no actual experience with. I'm telling you that they are irrelevant as of the last beta. All of the 'reasons' you are using to argue with me don't actually change anything. Having more mobs spawn because more people are at an event isn't exactly revolutionary. That happens in Rift and GW2 and FFXIV, etc. Back off the passive aggressive defense and realize that Paths are just currently not where they wanted them to be.

You have some idealized version of what you think they are...but you are mistaken. Here, let me break down what paths are currently so maybe you'll understand:

1) You get 3 different quests a zone

2) You get abilities every here and there that don't affect your gameplay at all.

3) No really, that's it. Just the first two.
    I told myself I wasn't going to make another post, but since you didn't nit pick 3 different things this time I felt it was appropriate.

I'm not really angry, I never meant to come off that way, I just don't like to argue when things don't make sense & people aren't really doing they're best to explain it when they clearly know it. This is also why I'm commenting again, as you did much better this time and I understand it.

I never claimed to have no experience with it, but as I said before, you weren't really showing you were. I mean, you were...but you weren't? Its hard to explain...

What I'm going off, is the dev speaks. How am I supposed to know anything about what you know, which it is obvious you are in the beta unless again you are behind the lines. I've been watching the wildstar reddit every other day, and I haven't seen information you speak so specifically.

And if you actually paid attention as I said, more soldiers, not more people.

I clearly don't know anything about paths, and neither do the devs. I'm going off what was in the devspeak about them. So whatever information I say & portray are from there. Watch them again, or don't. I don't care, like I said, I obviously don't know anything compared to you, so its not worth it to continue arguing.

You are going to find something within my post to nitpick about again, I know it. I can already tell. And thats fine, because I'm going to refuse to reply because I already said what I know.

I'm a fortune-teller. Google knows all.

Ok so the video is from may. I lied, not a month ago. I watched them a month ago. Don't blame me, blame the candy from this bag of tootsie rolls I have.
    Last edited by Angarin; 2013-11-01 at 08:25 PM.

Okay but, what devs say they want to do and what there game actually is usually don't match up quite right.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Okay but, what devs say they want to do and what there game actually is usually don't match up quite right.
    Well obviously................

I guess we'll see in the next CBT. /pray

I resubbed for swtor, and it has improved much since launch, but I did just like the leveling portion of that game, I am not sure how it will be again when I am 55.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar, guess release something like mid 2014. Played the beta. Was a nice experience but game isnt finished AT ALL.

GW2, game is dead atm in pvp and boring in pve. BUT Anet may keep some good stuff to compete with ESO/WILDSTAR so who know. Some guys on the alpha *cough -sacrx - cough* leaked many things the last month, and looks promising.

ESO, did not play so i dunno. Ofc gonna give it a try. Release mid 2014 too i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    I resubbed for swtor, and it has improved much since launch, but I did just like the leveling portion of that game, I am not sure how it will be again when I am 55.
    I was thinking about picking it back up, the combat system reminds me of CoH where you have to press a button for every action instead of having an auto attack. Idk, adds a feel to it. I started playing it with a friend, but then another friend brought him to WoW, and now none of us are playing anymore.

/story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Wildstar, guess release something like mid 2014. Played the beta. Was a nice experience but game isnt finished AT ALL.

GW2, game is dead atm in pvp and boring in pve. BUT Anet may keep some good stuff to compete with ESO/WILDSTAR so who know. Some guys on the alpha *cough -sacrx - cough* leaked many things the last month, and looks promising.

ESO, did not play so i dunno. Ofc gonna give it a try. Release mid 2014 too i guess.
    Wait gw2 is ded? u crz

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I was thinking about picking it back up, the combat system reminds me of CoH where you have to press a button for every action instead of having an auto attack. Idk, adds a feel to it. I started playing it with a friend, but then another friend brought him to WoW, and now none of us are playing anymore.
    they added new companions and the servers are pretty damn full all the time since they reduced the number of servers they had so its pretty lively all the time, added a lfg system also, its f2p but the game is a lot better if you just sub.

/story
    IDK, I actually miss the auto attack in WoW. It gives a choice to play lazy or efficient, at least for soloing. Button mashing was still relevant to WoW in PvP/Serious PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    IDK, I actually miss the auto attack in WoW. It gives a choice to play lazy or efficient, at least for soloing. Button mashing was still relevant to WoW in PvP/Serious PvE.
    I didn't get far in SWTOR, but I played the 'good' side jedi mage type thing, and I loved throwing the rock. I made an effort to, everytime.

I didn't get far in SWTOR, but I played the 'good' side jedi mage type thing, and I loved throwing the rock. I made an effort to, everytime.
    You missed out then. 1-50 was amazing. Unmatched leveling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Is it similar to KOTR? I know I'm gonna generate alot of hate for saying this, but I didn't like those games to much. Much like I can't get into dragon age. The combat is just something I don't enjoy.

Is it similar to KOTR? I know I'm gonna generate alot of hate for saying this, but I didn't like those games to much. Much like I can't get into dragon age. The combat is just something I don't enjoy.
    It's an MMO so obviously it's not turn based combat.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Have to say, I got bored at 30. The only thing that kept me going was playing it with friends. The story was dull, the combat was repetitive and the later zones became increasingly bland. "Alliance" consular.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I guess that was kind of a dumb question.

I'm not really sure what I was looking for out of that...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. The only MMO I actually enjoyed was Ultima Online, over 10 years back. So I'd say it's the biggest good MMO, but it's way too far from WoW.

Today MMOs are like cursed or something. Every single MMO consists of quests, "Kill 20 boars", "Collect 15 gems" and so on. Every single MMO, even so-called "story-based" SWTOR, lacks a decent story. Leveling system was dumbed down as far as the game actually tells you where to go quest, distributes stats and, sometimes (in case of WoW), skills for you. Equipment is actually split into tiers, so not to give your brain a task of evaluating whether the gear you picked recently is better or worse than what you wear. It's virtually impossible to die while leveling, unless you try really hard. Some games went even further: in WoW for raid bosses (considered to be the hardest enemies in the game, by the way) you pretty much have to install add-ons which tell you what to do next. There is no punishment for deaths or wrong builds, no room for skills (since all you need to know is a few skill rotations, and that's it)...
    I don't get why anyone at all plays modern MMOs, WoW or not. Any glamour journal requires 10 times more intellect than these. It's just no fun to play a game with the feeling that it was made for kindergarten kids. Maybe I'm just an old-school dinosaur and we are dying out, but, really, have people really fallen so low that anything with a tiny room for mistakes is considered a scientific research?

My friend, WoW-fan, recently started playing KotoR for the first time. He was shocked how complex the leveling system there is. While I remember seeing it the first time 10 years ago and thinking, "Never seen such a primitive leveling system".
    Last edited by May90; 2013-11-02 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    it's bioware that started that turn bsed combat wasn't it. I mean in the current style, when they did the NWN rpg game back then.. that format ahhasn't changed, cetainly not for WoW or SWTOR