Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They said cata was going to be awesome. Look how that turned out.
    Could have been worse: they could have ignored the negative feedback on the difficult/long Heroics and delayed LFR.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be honest, they aren't going to come out and say "The next expansion is gonna suck dogs balls" are they?
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Compared to MoP , anything they release will be awesome

A lot of people like me have quit WoW with ZERO desire to return without drastic changes
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time will tell.. Maybe it will, but sometimes hype turns out to be the best part, and that goes for more than just WoW or games.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Could have been worse: they could have ignored the negative feedback on the difficult/long Heroics and delayed LFR.
    The odd thing is that the starter heroics were one of the few good aspects of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The odd thing is that the starter heroics were one of the few good aspects of the expansion.
    Good for a few and bad for many, yes.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Of course it will be. It is not always the case?

Oh wait...
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they say It's awesome.

But I'm sure most of the devs think "Oh god, what kind of abomination has of our beloved game become? A homogenized blob for brainless and impatient casuals. The glory days of TBC are never coming back". Well, at least the ones who have worked with it longer (i.e. not the Greg the crabman)

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Anyone remember not even 2 months into pandaland someone from Blizzard already made a quote saying "Next expansion is gonna be awesome "? How awesome could it possibly be? Naval combat? New combat system? Dynamic AI enemies? World PVP integration in PVE?
    To be fair... do you REALLY expect somebody from a company to say "Yeah... the next expansion is just going to be OK. Not "Thrilling" - but pretty much the standard fare. Raids. Dungeons, dalies... you know." :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion was awesome so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my primary complaints with everyone at every level of Blizzard is their overuse of the word 'awesome'.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    One of my primary complaints with everyone at every level of Blizzard is their overuse of the word 'awesome'.
    That is just game devs in general atm.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Also btw, back OT, instead of being an elitist MMOC'er - I would say next xpac will be better than MOP, but not as good as BC, or WRATH. Just because of Nostalgia.
    No way man, gotta keep up with the patterns. People will begin to hate on TBC like they've begun to do with Vanilla, Wrath will be hailed even further until it goes into nostalgia-level, then it will be hated too. In the end, everything will be hated, and we're all going to point our fingers at LFR, even if it has no relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    , and the climax of a villain nobody really cared for because his development was non existent beyond 'Insane Dragon Who Wants To Destroy The World Because Old Gods'.
    a villain nobody really cared for?
    his development was non existent?

he had a son and a daughter with raids and plots of thier own in vanilla, he was in WC2 , books ...

amazing how ppl deem DW to be a nobody when Chen is considered a full fledged lore char only because
    he was a hero for hire in a bonus campaign and ofc deserves an xpac of his own..

Well, it's not like they're going to say that the next expansion is going to suck

10+ Year Old Account
    The person who told that on twitter was someone who quitted working for WoW to work for Titan, he was a vanilla/tbc dev i heard and he started working for the next expansion again, and he was really excited about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vharius View Post
    What did you expect them to say?
    "Next expansion is going to be good but you whiny bastards will still romanticize everything from the past and nitpick the shit out of it because it can never live up to your unrealistic visions of the past."
    I can only dream of a world where they'd say that, however I think the collective sigh of relief from the more reasonable wow players around the world would throw out weather patterns for a generation

I think it is because they are going to use a theme for which players waited a long time... like Burning Legion or Azhara... that will bring the feeling of awesomeness immediately after anouncing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They say that about every expansion. They're not going to say "next expansion sucks, don't buy it".

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's called having PASSION for your fucking craft or profession. RoB Pardo had been off the WOW team for a while, then he came back to it. And he was incredibly inspired by what they had started working on.

Yet we get cynical conspiratorial jaded burn outs accusing him of hype or product advertising. This community is nauseating in their love/hate relationship for this game.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW