Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I'm not particularly religious, but i'm far more open/indifferent to the concept as a great deal of vitriolic internet atheists would like; having formerly been one myself before growing up a bit more and mellowing out to a degree as a result.

I celebrate Christmas; mainly with respect to the elements of family, food and gifts. I do find the religious aspect to be interesting though, and would be just as lost without the classic Christmas Carols as I would be without the likes of Bing Crosby's Walking in a Winter Wonderland. I'll even go as far as to say that the traditional Midnight Service is a very enjoyable way to make the transition from Christmas Eve to Christmas Day; despite only making the effort once in every few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I'm an atheist so I want to kill Christmas and make sure you can't put nativity scenes in your lawn. I guess I do have one thing in common with Obama other than ethnicity, height, hometown, and a penchant for getting on other peoples' nerves.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

no i hate the idea of religon but the Act of giving the people i love stuff is one i like so i love the x-mas and how sears jcpenny and macy made it about shopping and not some fantasy baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    An excuse to get out of work, get drunk, eat great food, chill with the extended family? All for celebrating the time of year. Not religious, but the time of the season has become tradition, even without the religious aspect.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    No I'm an atheist so I want to kill Christmas and make sure you can't put nativity scenes in your lawn. I guess I do have one thing in common with Obama other than ethnicity, height, hometown, and a penchant for getting on other peoples' nerves.
    Hey hey hey now! Go kill the Christian Christmas, I'd like to keep mah *real* winter solstice oriented, viking invented, eat-till-you-drop, gift giving orgy Jul - thanks!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

No and Yes respectively.

It's more of a tradition for my family (both sides). Neither really emphasis the Jesus-y Christmas aspects. It's more about family, food and fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hey hey hey now! Go kill the Christian Christmas, I'd like to keep mah *real* winter solstice oriented, viking invented, eat-till-you-drop, gift giving orgy Jul - thanks!
    Are you celebrating Yule on the 24th? Then you're not celebrating the viking invented Yule.

My family and I are all religious and we celebrate the true Christmas with my immediate family and Dads side, and the material and worldly side with my Mothers family.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not religious but then again my family has never celebrated Christmas as a religious holiday. It's always been about the family for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I did not know that the Vikings invented it. Now I like it even more. Vikings rule.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no religion but I'm honestly sick of being talked down to for even using the word God.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    My family and I are all religious and we celebrate the true Christmas with my immediate family and Dads side, and the material and worldly side with my Mothers family.
    So you go outside singing naked eating, gingerbread men, rape and murder during that time of the year cause thats what "true christmas" was in addition to abusing jews here and there, a week without law where you could get away with any crime also known as Saturnalia .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    even though it is intended to be, christmas isn't about jesus christ

not for me anyway. its about being with your family and eating until you feel like you're gonna take a 5 pound dump. i don't really do decorations or anything. to me, christmas is just about celebrating family and being thankful for what you have.

i am also not religious

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    I cant understand how so many folks celebrate Christmas or simply the season, but choose not to acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

I guess all those folks, over the past 2000 years just made it all up?
    You really sure you want to go here? You do realize it's fairly common knowledge that the man Jesus was not born on December 25th. If you want some more info to educate yourself here is an interesting read.
    http://www.ucg.org/mans-holidays/400...istmas-origin/

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Are you celebrating Yule on the 24th? Then you're not celebrating the viking invented Yule.
    Since Yule originally lasted for about the last two weeks of what is now December, which included the 24th, yes I am. Though honestly and obviously no, I do not celebrate the *real* Yule, since I do very little sacrificing. I eat, drink, play games, exchange gifts and then I eat some more... Jesus, his merry men and all their sheen can go get stuffed. I'm just pleased that my ancestors didn't cave in entirely, since we never changed the name from Jul to Krist Messe...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    I cant understand how so many folks celebrate Christmas or simply the season, but choose not to acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

I guess all those folks, over the past 2000 years just made it all up?
    Quite probably because Christmas is a pagan festival with zero relevance to Christianity or the book that religion source is based on. I used to be religious (a real Christian) but have since stopped and have only celebrated Christmas in the last 4 years by trying to enjoy the spirit of giving and fun. Hell the tree didn't come down until july because it was a decoration.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    ... "True" Christmas... Riiiiiiight...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    Quite probably because Christmas is a pagan festival with zero relevance to Christianity or the book that religion source is based on. I used to be religious (a real Christian) but have since stopped and have only celebrated Christmas in the last 4 years by trying to enjoy the spirit of giving and fun. Hell the tree didn't come down until july because it was a decoration.
    A very good first post, bravo!

Not religious but I do celebrate Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Not religious but I do celebrate Christmas.
    It's a Pagan holiday anyway and has nothing to do with Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a textbook example as to why we don't allow religion-based threads; they boil down into snark and condescension rather than earnest discussion. Locking this before it gets more out of hand.