Poll: How will updated character models impact you?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Updated models would do for me what Transmog did, revitalize my interest in the game from an aesthetic perspective.

Deleted
    as i play a gnome, im not sure you'll notice much of a difference

Anything is better than the washed-up old Vanilla, and even TBC models. Considering they didn't mess up the models they remade (Tyrande, Sylvanas, Thrall, Garrosh ect.) I look forward to seeing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Positively. We're far overdue
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    Dev =/= art department.

No overlapping, no shared personnel, probably no budget influence between each other.
    Art department working on silly shit like new models != art team working on new content.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    It's been confirmed they are coming "soon". I remember a few weeks ago a shitstorm happened when blizz admitted they had only done 3-4 models in 2 years. Lazy bunch they are.
    I believe they said completed 3-4, nothing said the others may not have been well on their way to completion.

I'm looking forward to it. It'll be nice to see a fresh look on the same dwarf that's been my main since Classic WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really interested to see the old races finally get a graphical update. If they're going to have the same kind of qualities as the Pandaren then they are going to look sweet.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Eh, I'll stop wondering why the yetis seem to be the only creatures on Azeroth with toes that aren't fused together?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, they won't.

I mean, update character models will be really nice and I am looking forward to it, but I think people massively overinflate how much this is going to impact their gameplay. Most of us play with our camera zoomed out and facing over our shoulders, not zoomed in and our faces or our friends' character faces. I bet the portion of most players' game time spent examining their character is low or non-existent.

I can totally see why people are looking forward to the new models, but I'll never understand the people who threaten to quit if they don't get them / or resub if they do.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Little worried about what they may do to my female Blood Elves once its their turn for a makeover. I'm happy with the current model, and not really sure how I feel about them making any changes to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Option 1. I can't wait to see what they look like.

It might compel me to play more races too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've considered, if done well... I might switch my race to another if the models exceed my expectation versus another race.

My hope is that when Blizzard does release said new player character models we are given one free race change and one free character re-customization, that expires after X days, just in-case the new model of one race does or does not float or boat.

I don't really care one way or the other. It seems like what they're changing has more to do with features, and not shape, so that won't matter to me. I'd love for my Orc to look more like a Uruk Hai, rather than Shrek, but all this will do is make it look like Shrek with more lines in his face. Any gripes I have with races won't be addressed, and anything I like probably won't be touched either. But then, I don't care about graphics like most people seem to. As long as my Blood Elf female remains slim and fair, that is...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you quit a game over models being given more polygons, animations, and expressiveness, you have to be a miserable person.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Art department are the ones making the assets for the raids, zones, etc which means if they are making new player models they are not making new raid art for the level devs.
    They cancelled Titan (which had originally pulled some manpower away from WoW), and I would imagine those "resources" are being reallocated to work more on WoW since that project was shelved.

While new content is great and obviously necessary to prevent boredom, there comes a point in time where the current models are just too old and need the improvements. People love transmog, why? Because they like looking how they want to look, they take pride in their character looking cool or unique or special to them in some way, to the point that some people even buy those 3d-printed statues. So it stands to reason that how the models look is an important aspect of WoW, one which shouldn't be neglected. Who doesn't want more features, hairs and face options to choose from?

I don't even play Alliance, but I laugh every time I see Dwarven lobster-arms, male nelf faces, or when a female human jumps and her arms flap upward.
    Last edited by Aerofluff; 2013-10-25 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    It has been confirmed for a while, and hashed and rehashed on this forum countless times. As excited as I am, I cannot help but feel they are being overhyped just a tad. Yes, I can't wait until my characters can actually emote, express, and move smoothly. However, as cool as it will be for a very long time to come, it's not a game-changer.

And if they mess up my cow girl like they messed up pandas and worgens, it may just be the final straw for me.
    Just curious: how do you feel they messed up worgen and pandaren?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in WoW impacts me personally outside of the game. That said since I'm currently unsubbed and don't plan on returning. If and that's a big if, they decide to release new character models with the next expac and they are substantial. Like new subraces + fully updated models for all races except goblin/worgen/pandas. Then yes I might return to the game. As is though, I don't plan on returning Blizzard has lost its touch after so many years. They have over complicated what was once a simple working formula. Its nothing more than a chore to play this game as it is right now. Still the best MMO out there though.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I sort of agree with this. It won't have a huge impact, and people who quit of this are just children.
    A childs money is just as much of worth as an adult or anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    If you quit a game over models being given more polygons, animations, and expressiveness, you have to be a miserable person.
    Why is someone playing a game for the looks any different then someone doing for LFR, daillies, raids or PvP?

Looks can make or break a game.

It will only affect me if female night elves stop having manhands and manfeet. Since Blizzard fails reliably at taking any risk at all though, it will probably never happen.

So no, it won't affect me at all.

If blood elves stop being so scrawny I might zoom in my camera for a moment, that's it.