Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Police does bad thing=FORUM IS FILLED WITH HATE FOR COPS
    Police does good thing=FORUM IS FILLED WITH HATE FOR COPS

Some of u people make me sick.
    The cop did a very good thing
    Well, first of all, not every single person generalizes an entire group based on the actions of a few.

Also, a crime is a crime. This woman stole, I don't care what sob-story you can make, that's a crime. Great example set for the kids too, that you can do whatever you want in this world, and then get rewarded for it.

Meanwhile, let's ignore the countless others in similair or worse situations who actually don't do this.
    Last edited by Zonas; 2013-10-24 at 11:48 PM.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    So did she buy the food after she arrested the thief?
    $300 is the break point for felony in Florida, so assuming it was less than that, it's a misdemeanor petty theft. A lot of times, rather than cart them off to jail they'll just give them a citation/ notice to appear and let them go. They are still charged with a misdemeanor and still must face court, just not go to jail/ arrange bail/ whatever.

wow a cop does the right thing and so many say it's bad or she should be fired, i truly feel sorry for you people that have lost touch with others so very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michonne View Post
    I listen to Alex but it's not a joke or to be laughed about what has happened to these other nations. And you know that. Our job is to inform not mock.
    Those 'other nations' that don't have to rely on the charity of a random policewoman for kids to eat, you mean?

Looks like you're backing the wrong horse, and they've got their shit sorted out.

Er... this is actually a real story. Officer was about to cite the lady, but then reconsidered it. She bought her $100 worth of groceries (and if I remember correctly) and talked to her. Then after the story broke out, several people donated money to buy her more groceries and the manager of the store I believe she tried to shoplift gave her a job.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Those 'other nations' that don't have to rely on the charity of a random policewoman for kids to eat, you mean?

Looks like you're backing the wrong horse, and they've got their shit sorted out.
    It scares me that they think they know the "truth" about the world and that they live close to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in, cops are people too.

More shocking news in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Michonne View Post
    Shock: Cop Buys Shoplifter Groceries

This is what it means to be a public servant. You are not an OFFICIAL nor are you an AUTHORITY you are public SERVANT that took an oath. I'm so glad that some cops still understand that.
    Public servant doesn't imply they owe you groceries when you go hungry. Find a food bank or a local charity for that.