Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    She was fired for speaking to the media without approval. EVERY job i've worked at, while not mentioned during training, had something in the handbook to refer all media to a higher up for statements or questions. And I've only worked in a nursing home kitchen, a Target store, and a Burger King. If those low level jobs had that in the handbook, why wouldn't another job? especially one that deals with something that has had as much mudslinging done around it like The ACA has?

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    brb, uses the word vernacular to appear verbose....doesn't know the term mutually exclusive.
    look up "verbose" while you're at it
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

I guarantee you that 90% posting here have never listened to his show. So someone people on his show exaggerated their situation.. So what? Isn't that what news is? Exaggerating normally boring stories? And Shaun wasn't even the one exaggerating here, it was the people on his show..
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    She was fired for speaking to the media without approval. EVERY job i've worked at, while not mentioned during training, had something in the handbook to refer all media to a higher up for statements or questions. And I've only worked in a nursing home kitchen, a Target store, and a Burger King. If those low level jobs had that in the handbook, why wouldn't another job? especially one that deals with something that has had as much mudslinging done around it like The ACA has?
    Yeah. This is pretty basic-level stuff. And if the info from the link is correct, her yearly salary was $26,000, meaning it's very much an entry-level position that doesn't require much (if any) skills or training. So yeah; they can easily replace her, and she broke the simple rules. Employees in positions like hers are never supposed to talk to the media, they're supposed to direct them to their supervisor, who'll usually pass them off on the media team.

When you link something from sites like that, you should expect to get ripped apart especially from people like Hannity. Especially the interview he did like a week ago where he had 3 couples on the show swearing up and down that Obamacare was bad and that it is effecting one of them from hiring people at his construction company when they only have 4 employees. Who would take shit from Hannity seriously. He looks like fucking Richie Rich. Source: http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/insi..._on_obamacare/ The guy that wrote this article specifically called all 3 couples that were on the interview.

First Couple:
    First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C. He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.

Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce? “Well,” he said, “I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did.

There is only one Obamacare requirement that applies to a company of this size: workers must be notified of the existence of the “healthcare.gov” website, the insurance exchange. That’s all.
    Second Couple:
    Next I called Allison Denijs. She’d told Hannity that she pays over $13,000 a year in premiums. Like the other guests, she said she had recently gotten a letter from Blue Cross saying that her policy was being terminated and a new, ACA-compliant policy would take its place. She says this shows that Obama lied when he promised Americans that we could keep our existing policies.

Allison’s husband left his job a few years ago, one with benefits at a big company, to start his own business. Since then they’ve been buying insurance on the open market, and are now paying around $1,100 a month for a policy with a $2,500 deductible per family member, with hefty annual premium hikes. One of their two children is not covered under the policy. She has a preexisting condition that would require purchasing additional coverage for $600 a month, which would bring the family’s grand total to around $20,000 a year.

I asked Allison if she’d shopped on the exchange, to see what a plan might cost under the new law. She said she hadn’t done so because she’d heard the website was not working. Would she try it out when it’s up and running? Perhaps, she said. She told me she has long opposed Obamacare, and that the president should have focused on tort reform as a solution to bringing down the price of healthcare.

I tried an experiment and shopped on the exchange for Allison and Kurt. Assuming they don’t smoke and have a household income too high to be eligible for subsidies, I found that they would be able to get a plan for around $7,600, which would include coverage for their uninsured daughter. This would be about a 60 percent reduction from what they would have to pay on the pre-Obamacare market.
    Third Couple:
    Finally, I called Robbie and Tina Robison from Franklin, Tenn. Robbie is self-employed as a Christian youth motivational speaker. (You can see his work here.) On Hannity, the couple said that they, too, were recently notified that their Blue Cross policy would be expiring for lack of ACA compliance. They told Hannity that the replacement plans Blue Cross was offering would come with a rate increase of 50 percent or even 75 percent, and that the new offerings would contain all sorts of benefits they don’t need, like maternity care, pediatric care, prenatal care and so forth. Their kids are grown and moved out, so why should they be forced to pay extra for a health plan with superfluous features?

When I spoke to Robbie, he said he and Tina have been paying a little over $800 a month for their plan, about $10,000 a year. And the ACA-compliant policy that will cost 50-75 percent more? They said this information was related to them by their insurance agent.

Had they shopped on the exchange yet, I asked? No, Tina said, nor would they. They oppose Obamacare and want nothing to do with it. Fair enough, but they should know that I found a plan for them for, at most, $3,700 a year, 63 percent less than their current bill. It might cover things that they don’t need, but so does every insurance policy.
    All of these people pretty much lied or didn't even TRY to shop on the exchanges. So why should we listen to Hannity or you Leafs43?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    I guarantee you that 90% posting here have never listened to his show. So someone people on his show exaggerated their situation.. So what? Isn't that what news is? Exaggerating normally boring stories? And Shaun wasn't even the one exaggerating here, it was the people on his show..
    Read the big long reply I just did. Why should anyone listen to his show when he 100% lies like he did with those 3 couples he had on a few days ago? When he is the one reporting it and writing it off as TRUTH then he is the one adding to the exaggeration.
    Last edited by Orbitus; 2013-10-24 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    No, that is called lying. It's also a giant problem with the so called "news" these days.
    Especially when Fox SUED for their right to LIE.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    "They said that no contact with the media. No type of media whatsoever. We’re not allowed to do that at that company. "
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    So Hannity pretty much got her fired..which I'm sure he can only assume usually people who answer phones aren't usually allowed to talk to media and the like.
    Then he gallops in like her knight in shining armor to pay her salary lol
    Next week he'll be bashing people getting hand outs and not working...the irony

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    So someone people on his show exaggerated their situation.. So what? Isn't that what news is? Exaggerating normally boring stories?
    No. No, that is not what news is. That is infotainment that attempts to pass itself off as news programming.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    So Hannity pretty much got her fired..which I'm sure he can only assume usually people who answer phones aren't usually allowed to talk to media and the like.
    I don't see any irony.. Hannity calls the Obamacare hotline, and asks her questions. She told the truth, she said nothing she shouldn't have. She got fired because she told the truth, its as simple as that.

He pays for a years worth of her salary. Thats an amazing thing to do, it just shows his character. And people sitting on their ass, collecting handouts while not trying to find employment deserve to be bashed. Why would I want my tax dollars to pay for them to sit on their ass all day? Again, what irony?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    No. No, that is not what news is. That is infotainment that attempts to pass itself off as news programming.
    Give me one news channel that doesn't do this to some extent.

And Hannity isn't even news, is a talk show where he talks for hours a day. You try talking for 3 hours a day without exaggerating something. And again, he didn't even do anything here. It was his guests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Especially when Fox SUED for their right to LIE.
    Uhh... what? Fox has never sued for their right to lie...
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    This is also pretty standard in private industry as well. Our stock reply to journalists is to redirect them to media relations.

Hahaha priceless. I feel sorry for lady. Doubt that she will be last.

I guess mission accomplished for Hannity. He got a now former employee to speak out against obamacare, got some sympathy from people that she lost her job and it only cost him $26,000. Now what else is really going on here? I guess now he needs to go exploit someone else?

I don't see any irony.. Hannity calls the Obamacare hotline, and asks her questions. She told the truth, she said nothing she shouldn't have. She got fired because she told the truth, its as simple as that.
    What part of representing your employer do you think constitutes a duty to tell the truth?

10+ Year Old Account
    "In a kingdom of lies, truth is treason."
    Somehow, using a quote from George Orwell (and often attributed to Ron Paul, though I really think Orwell said it first) when talking about anything to do with Sean Hannity is comical. I'm not saying that this woman should immediately be dismissed, but I really just don't like Hannity. He's down there with O'Reilly and Piers Morgan for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Somehow, using a quote from George Orwell (and often attributed to Ron Paul, though I really think Orwell said it first) when talking about anything to do with Sean Hannity is comical. I'm not saying that this woman should immediately be dismissed, but I really just don't like Hannity. He's down there with O'Reilly and Piers Morgan for me.
    In O'Reilly's defense, I don't think he's an intentional shill like Hannity, he's just a colossal douchebag.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cruel and vileness of the Obama administration I can assure you is not mutually exclusive to the quality of Obamacare.
    Honestly, the statement would have made more sense with that word inserted in there.

Or perhaps using the phrase "proportionate to" if that's what you were going for?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    In O'Reilly's defense, I don't think he's an intentional shill like Hannity, he's just a colossal douchebag.
    I'll bet dollars to dimes both of them are sock sniffers. lol. Then again, I mistrust the mainstream media and find most of the talking heads to be extremely pompous.

Oh look another political and spun thread.

I hope these OPs are getting paid for this constant bombardment.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Conservatives: Government should operate more like a business!

Government fires an employee who violates employer rules

Conservatives: GOVERNMENT WHY YOU SO MEAN