Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Touch of Karma: Bug or change?

So, did I miss something or they changed how Touch of Karma works? Up until now it was a shield up to your maximum health, but now it seems to be a shield that lasts the entire 10 seconds unless a single hit does more than your max health. Simple test I did:

13:26:54> [You] cast [Touch of Karma] [Yu'lon].
    13:26:54> [Yu'lon] [Melee] missed [You]. (509918 Absorbed)
    13:26:56> [Yu'lon] [Melee] missed [You]. (513686 Absorbed)
    13:26:59> [Yu'lon] [Melee] missed [You]. (393490 Absorbed)
    13:27:00> [Yu'lon] [Jadefire Breath] Absorbed [You]. (300000 Absorbed)
    13:27:03> [Yu'lon] [Melee] hit [You] 291061 Physical. (623411 Absorbed) (Critical)

The last absorb is my current max health, and the point I lost the effect of Touch of Karma. Also from yesterday Thok's attemps:

[00:03:21.459] Thok the Bloodthirsty afflicted by Touch of Karma from Photëk
    [00:03:21.905] Thok the Bloodthirsty Deafening Screech Photëk Absorb (466568)
    [00:03:24.301] Thok the Bloodthirsty Deafening Screech Photëk Absorb (417434)
    [00:03:26.726] Thok the Bloodthirsty Deafening Screech Photëk Absorb (424793)
    [00:03:29.096] Thok the Bloodthirsty Deafening Screech Photëk Absorb (429757)
    [00:03:31.125] Photëk's Touch of Karma fades from Photëk
    [00:03:31.441] Photëk's Touch of Karma fades from Thok the Bloodthirsty

Anyone else seeing this behaviour on Touch of Karma?
    Last edited by Photek; 2013-10-25 at 11:56 AM.

They probably fucked something up with the Chi Brew hotfix. Seems like uninteded behaviour to me and I doubt it's gonna stay unfixed for long.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it redirecting all that damage? that would be quite the OP cooldown to redirect 2m damage back to the target
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Yah, it's not intended - shouldn't hit for more than your max health.

Tooltip DOES say lasts for 10 seconds, but the shield goes away at max health.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Is it redirecting all that damage? that would be quite the OP cooldown to redirect 2m damage back to the target
    All of it, kinda weird http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2630&e=2741

Could it be some interaction with tigereye brew? From the fight you linked it doesn't seem to be connected to trinkets procs but maybe the amp trinkets passive could influence it....

Quote Originally Posted by Killuha View Post
    Could it be some interaction with tigereye brew? From the fight you linked it doesn't seem to be connected to trinkets procs but maybe the amp trinkets passive could influence it....
    I tried some duels just standing there using ToK and the spell lasted the entire 10 seconds while everyone died of the damage reflected.
    Last edited by Photek; 2013-10-26 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    I tried some duels just standing there and using ToK and the spell lasted the entire 10 seconds while everyone died of the damage reflected.
    That's uh. Probably going to get fixed, but extremely awesome in and of itself.

Nice. I'm gonna go up to 10 stacks of Superheated on H Siegecrafter and then ToK the boss for a 7 mil damage.

What if ToK was bugged for the whole expansion and this is how it's supposed to work? /wishful thinking
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2013-10-26 at 04:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Nice. I'm gonna go up to 10 stacks of Superheated on H Siegecrafter and then ToK the boss for a 7 mil damage.

What if ToK was bugged for the whole expansion and this is how it's supposed to work? /wishful thinking
    It's most definitely a bug. It was working fine just a week or so ago. So it could very well be related to the Chi Brew "bug fix." I wouldn't be surprised if it gets hotfixed in the next couple of days.

Deleted
    But I like to run through AAAALL the fiery edges to do 5M/ToK

(Seriously, it's definitely a bug or ToK would be the best defensive CD in the game by far.)

Glad to see I'm not crazy. Did yulon and tok'ed the jade fire wall and ran with it andit was ticking for 235k per. It ended up being my #1 damage in the fight

Deleted
    I tried it on Juggernaut after a wipe and I was the only man standing. Tanking Juggernaut + standing in his barrage, sawblade, and taking demolisher blasts, I did a total of 5 million damage with Touch of Karma with 9 ticks, highest tick being 700k. Seems broken...

Deleted
    Garrosh heroic... whirlwind... use tok...stand in the middle soaking every wave ...

Deleted
    Hopefully they dont fix it until monday, need to try that tomorrow

i.imgur.com/WxMauPl.png

H blackfuse

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6196&e=6664

I had my fun, now they may fix it .. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we try to get a list of abilities this would be good to use on from encounter to encounter?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byaah View Post
    Can we try to get a list of abilities this would be good to use on from encounter to encounter?
    If your trying to abuse the bug, don't it's getting fixed. If your referring to normal (non-bug state) usage then that should be a good idea to start up.