Page 63 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also, while Lucifer "created" demons, he technically didn't truly create anything. He just took souls and twisted them into demons. They are still human souls, hence why they could cure Dean of being a demon, and almost did so with Crowley.

I still they they are going to turn the baby into the anti christ and pretend the one in season 5 never happened and use that character as a basis for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Also, while Lucifer "created" demons, he technically didn't truly create anything. He just took souls and twisted them into demons. They are still human souls, hence why they could cure Dean of being a demon, and almost did so with Crowley.

I still they they are going to turn the baby into the anti christ and pretend the one in season 5 never happened and use that character as a basis for this one.
    Or "anti-christ" is just a label for a particular type of being, and there can be more than one. Sort of an antithesis of the Prophet of the Lord; there may be only one at a time, but it can crop up whenever the signs are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Or "anti-christ" is just a label for a particular type of being, and there can be more than one. Sort of an antithesis of the Prophet of the Lord; there may be only one at a time, but it can crop up whenever the signs are right.
    I've always thought of the antichrist and I believe supernatural interpretation to be similar in that it involves some form of "human spirit" being mixed with a demonic or angel spirit and creating a being more powerful than both and being "unnatural".

Was the kid called Jessie? Can't remember his name but he ended up teleporting to Australia. Regardless I agree he doesn't have to be the only one. And its a rather moot point anyway as that kid IRL would have grown up and they would need an older actor anyway as I dont believe being antichrist means you're immune to aging.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't necessarily mean it was or is going to be the antichrist. Just that they are going to have a child that is going to be incredibly powerful, possibly more so than Lucifer. Idea being Humanity is powerful in it's own right, you combine that with someone like Lucifer and you got a pretty powerful cocktail.

This season has been hit and miss for me. The MOTW episodes have been really enjoyable, even have an old Supernatural feel to it. The main arc episodes have been pretty bad. It's giving me the vibe that maybe the show has just run its course.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Well like I said before Lucifer felt like a second rate villain this season. As for the British men of letters, I think they just need more screen time to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think they'd be better served by NOT having a "big bad" for a season or three. An interesting path to take would be to, say, have the FBI catch on to this whole "monsters and hunters" thing, or the US government in some other respect, make up a new agency to handle it. They could even be encouraged/supported by the British Men of Letters, to establish similar controls.

The problem is, like those Men of Letters, they're perfectly willing to conduct "monster" genocide, and Supernatural has seasons with many different "monsters" who turned out to be okay people who could control their urges. And Sam and Dean, along with all other hunters, could be labelled as "murderers" for their "crimes", even if the government's doing much the same thing; the government can declare those people "monsters" and kill them, but they're still people, technically, when Sam and Dean roll up.

So you get a twofold race of the boys trying to stay ahead of an organized human enemy, one they're not nearly as willing to gank because they ARE humans, and trying to protect those "monsters" who don't deserve to be slaughtered, turning on their origins somewhat and reflecting their development since the beginning.

They're sort of heading that way with the British Men of Letters, but it's too "off". Making them Americans like the boys, making them somewhat inexperienced but making up for it with organization and training, all that makes them potentially more interesting. Particularly with a few people at the top who we can sympathize with, rather than having them played up as monstrous in their own right.

The show has done law enforcement vs the brothers before. Problem is, it really starts to stretch the disbelief barrier.

Theres only so many small town sherrifs that can let the boys off for helping with their local monster problem before the FBI turn up.

And also such tall, dashing men as the winchester brothers kind of stick out, particularly driving an impala. They would be easier than catching a train.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The show has done law enforcement vs the brothers before. Problem is, it really starts to stretch the disbelief barrier.

Theres only so many small town sherrifs that can let the boys off for helping with their local monster problem before the FBI turn up.

And also such tall, dashing men as the winchester brothers kind of stick out, particularly driving an impala. They would be easier than catching a train.
    It's never been the main focus, though. It's a local sheriff who's wise to them, or occasionally actual FBI they have to work around. And they never know what's REALLY going on.

I mean full-on "the government knows about monsters and has hit squads that can handle it" level organization. Maybe they get blindsided by exceptionally weird stuff, but vamp nests and witch covens are old hat to these guys by the time they get a bead on the Winchesters. Who they see as serial murderers little better than the monsters they hunt.

Yeah; it's a completely different dynamic for the show, but the brothers have never had to run and hide before, and that's a new dynamic, which could breathe some fresh breath into the show. Especially if the government can handle the "usual" stuff, so the Winchesters end up evading the agents and saving them from the TRULY crazy stuff, because, y'know, God's favorites and all that.

It's never been the main focus, though. It's a local sheriff who's wise to them, or occasionally actual FBI they have to work around. And they never know what's REALLY going on.

I mean full-on "the government knows about monsters and has hit squads that can handle it" level organization. Maybe they get blindsided by exceptionally weird stuff, but vamp nests and witch covens are old hat to these guys by the time they get a bead on the Winchesters. Who they see as serial murderers little better than the monsters they hunt.

Yeah; it's a completely different dynamic for the show, but the brothers have never had to run and hide before, and that's a new dynamic, which could breathe some fresh breath into the show. Especially if the government can handle the "usual" stuff, so the Winchesters end up evading the agents and saving them from the TRULY crazy stuff, because, y'know, God's favorites and all that.
    they've already had to hide, they even had to hide the impala for an entire season and that made people complain quite a lot. remember that season with the leviathan? yeah, the worst season of them all, guess what, they we're always hiding and got rid of the impala for the season, that's what it brought

Snip
    I would be down to see this. And they could always come up with a anti satellite dish "Ward" but yea, see how the season plays out. I still have hope.

The main story is disjointed this season for sure but the quality of the episodes has been high, and last season to me showed they still have something to give after the whole leviathan post season 5 nonsense. But if this season goes no where I'll be skeptical of future seasons

Pretty poor start to the second half of the season. No idea what they are trying to do with Cas.

And the Mary/British men of letter storylines are going no where.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty poor start to the second half of the season. No idea what they are trying to do with Cas.

And the Mary/British men of letter storylines are going no where.
    It'll probably be a 2 season arc, but yeah there's no big bad really this season - understandable given the last big bad. How can they trump The Darkness? Tough act to follow, especially now Lucifers back in the cage. Only thing I can think of would be if Michael somehow got out of heaven, slaughtered all the angels in heaven leaving just a handful alive.

I don't know why but I have a feeling lucy is not back in the cage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It'll probably be a 2 season arc, but yeah there's no big bad really this season - understandable given the last big bad. How can they trump The Darkness? Tough act to follow, especially now Lucifers back in the cage. Only thing I can think of would be if Michael somehow got out of heaven, slaughtered all the angels in heaven leaving just a handful alive.
    Really, I think they'd be better served by NOT having a "big bad". The show doesn't survive based on the villains, but on the extended Winchester family (and I'm including Bobby and Castiel and Kevin in there, not just blood). The villains are narratively important for how they affect the Winchesters. I think they can mix it up, especially with Mom around. Hell, we know the British Men of Letters are trying to move into the US, but the only thing on offer is their British form of organization. The boys deciding to Americanize things and be more awesome than the brits are would be totally in keeping with their attitude, reflect well on their integration into the Hunter community, and not really have a "big bad", since the Brits aren't "bad guys", just control freaks who wouldn't have a point to make if the Americans got off their asses and handled their own shit.

Particularly if they incorporate some of the "good monsters" into the mix. A shapeshifter who they can slip into the FBI to quash Hunter-related issues for instance.

Building that up could be a multi-season arc, particularly if some of their lieutenants or cells or whatever "go bad" and the boys have to stop them.

Still waiting for Mary and Crowley to meet each other, the child could go either way force for good or force for evil. That cosmic cost for breaking the deal will most likely end up centered around Mary.

It is nice to get away from all the big and powerful bads for a change, loved Crowleys attitude about feeling sorry for whoever took the Winchesters.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    they could bring back the Stine family - maybe they infiltrated the Men of Letters somehow. Dean finished off the American chapter but one of them did mention that they are worldwide

Only mark pellegrino as Lucifer can save the season. Bring on the best villain actor they had

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Only mark pellegrino as Lucifer can save the season. Bring on the best villain actor they had
    Does the season need saving? it's building to either something big at the end or next season. plus I don't see how they would actually work him back in; Lucifer only got sprung because of the Darkness. now he is back in the cage (presumably) how is he meant to get out?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Does the season need saving? it's building to either something big at the end or next season. plus I don't see how they would actually work him back in; Lucifer only got sprung because of the Darkness. now he is back in the cage (presumably) how is he meant to get out?
    I think it does. You cant do a whole season of set up for the next season you also need a complete story and give the current season the love and attention it demands. Atm the season feels all over the place and the only way to rein it in is Lucifer and that anti christ kid had more importance and come back. And Lucifer needs to be mark I don't care how it works or breaks lore wouldn't be the first time