Thread: Best in Slot

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    That doesn't mean there will be anything meaningful for you to do meanwhile.
    I mean, I'm not in a 14/14H guild, I'm still progressing Heroics. So I mean, I'll be doing that (and I'd want to the see the 6.0 SoO changes anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Who cares replaced by greens in 2hours. Best part is most tank gear will change to crit/mastery so if you took OS gear you're set already.
    Everything else aside, you wont replace H SoO gear until ~lvl 95-97 (guesstimate based on ilvl of gear at lvl 90-92 on Beta and lvl 100 gear, obviously lots could change).

Of course, it is just leveling, so it really doesn't make a bit of difference, but some people enjoy the "arms race", gearing up, feeling like they are moving towards getting their character stronger. It's kind of the nature of any RPG.

Are sockets remaining on old gear?
    Last edited by Khorm; 2014-07-03 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Are sockets remaining on old gear?

Hopefully not, otherwise they would have to greatly increase the damage on the new gear to outweigh the possibility of using old gear for gem sockets

Such as the double socket boots from Ra-Den, caster neck from Lei Shen etc etc

The sockets will remain, but you won't be able to use WoD level gems in them, so you'll have to stick with MoP Gems, meaning you'll replace them at basically the same rate as any other gear you currently have equipped.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Oh yeah... Forgot gems have ilvl requirements...

I condensed the list to only include relevant crit/mastery gear, shame we can't have any multistrike on release but oh well.

http://pastebin.com/vGqTwmR1

Of all these the only slots different than our current bis list is boots since greaves go haste/crit, one ring to replace seal, and maybe gloves if they change the set bonus to something useless.
    Last edited by Bizerk; 2014-07-23 at 10:27 AM.

If the set bonus becomes bad then replacing the helm would also be a change to BiS. Nice list, thanks!

Great Post, Thanks for this

If windsong is listed as BIS for orcs. Why is everyone still using dancing steel?

Quote Originally Posted by Toastt View Post
    If windsong is listed as BIS for orcs. Why is everyone still using dancing steel?
    Because it's out of date; Windsong only beat out Dancing Steel when we had two valor upgrades, not four.

Speaking of which, will gear that's been valor upgraded retain its ilvl when WoD goes live or not? I know on the beta that this is currently the case but could have sworn I read somewhere that Blizzard was going to remove valor upgrades from gear.

Anyone have a 4/4 upgrade list? Or is windsong the only thing that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Because it's out of date; Windsong only beat out Dancing Steel when we had two valor upgrades, not four.

Speaking of which, will gear that's been valor upgraded retain its ilvl when WoD goes live or not? I know on the beta that this is currently the case but could have sworn I read somewhere that Blizzard was going to remove valor upgrades from gear.
    Yes, all gear that is upgraded keeps it's upgrade in 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Toastt View Post
    Anyone have a 4/4 upgrade list? Or is windsong the only thing that changed?
    The list is pretty much the same except maybe swapping out one ring for another but considering how small the dps difference between the rings are just take the highest ilvl versions you can get.

Source is stuff scattered throughout this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    Yes, all gear that is upgraded keeps it's upgrade in 6.0
    Time to finish upgrading prot pieces that are practically identical to the dps versions. Just need my neck, second ring, both trinkets and helm. Wish I hadn't passed on a HWF Rage-Blind Greathelm to a DK since I didn't know how it was becoming stat-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Everything else aside, you wont replace H SoO gear until ~lvl 95-97 (guesstimate based on ilvl of gear at lvl 90-92 on Beta and lvl 100 gear, obviously lots could change).

Of course, it is just leveling, so it really doesn't make a bit of difference, but some people enjoy the "arms race", gearing up, feeling like they are moving towards getting their character stronger. It's kind of the nature of any RPG.
    I went from 90 to 100 on beta and never changed 1 piece of gear (Im full heroic with 4 upgrdes). When I got to Nagrand (at lv 99) if I got a rare/epic lucky drop as the quest reward it had higher ilevel than stuf I was using but because of enchants and gens and tier bonus it wasnt a gain to swap gear.

And the heirloom weapons reach lv 100 at ilevel 633 (regardless if its from normal or heroic mode) wich is higher than 5 man heroics gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    if you have at least a 580 ilvl you wont replace any gear until you get into lvl 100 dungeons. the quest gear at 98-99 doesn't have any gem sockets so SoO gear is still better.

edit: looks like DakonBlackblade beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

The Orc Fury list was updated shortly after the 4/4 upgrades became available. I haven't updated the other lists simply because it's too much work without any real gain. All the lists will stay the same, except maybe switching a ring and weapon enchant. The only thing that would be worth listing is a new Worgen BiS list, seeing as they want to use one or two Mastery gems once they reach full BiS.

I'll be making new lists once WoD comes out.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I got a rare/epic lucky drop as the quest reward
    This is pretty much the only time you might upgrade an item while leveling. If you get lucky at the 98-100 quest bracket and get some good rare/epic upgrade on the quest reward. Other than that, yeah, you're going to probably be using your T16 Mythic +4 item gear until you're at level 100.

Question about trinkets: so far I was using skeer trinket normal (569) and thok trinket lfr (544); after a lot of attempts I got galakras normal trinket (569):

1) Galakras normal should be able to beat thok lfr, right?
    2) However will skeer normal be able to beat thok lfr (as I know thok and galakras are bis when talking about the same difficulty)?

This is as arms, 568-569 item level, 4 set bonus and 35,15% crit, 57,13% mastery and 8,52% haste while using the galakras + skeer combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Question about trinkets: so far I was using skeer trinket normal (569) and thok trinket lfr (544); after a lot of attempts I got galakras normal trinket (569):

1) Galakras normal should be able to beat thok lfr, right?
    2) However will skeer normal be able to beat thok lfr (as I know thok and galakras are bis when talking about the same difficulty)?

This is as arms, 568-569 item level, 4 set bonus and 35,15% crit, 57,13% mastery and 8,52% haste while using the galakras + skeer combo.
    Thok's is the best trinket, period. You use either Skeer's or EEoG depending on spec, with Fury preferring EEoG and Arms preferring Skeer's.