Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Having the new Warchief is meh

i know he was technically next in line to be warchief of the horde but it just doesn't feel right. it's like having a gnome being the king of the alliance. i really wish rexxar or saurfang became warchief.

does anyone else feel this way?

Note: Edited thread title to not spoil for the people who has not followed through with the updates yet.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-27 at 12:23 AM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Wasted opportunity. It's not gnome level bad though, it just could have been more interesting.

Blizzard trolled you.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, a LOT. I would've rather of had Sylvannas, and I hate her.

I will not recognize him as Warchief on my Hordies. My Alliance guys don't really care who's in charge of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    i know he was technically next in line to be warchief of the horde but it just doesn't feel right. it's like having a gnome being the king of the alliance. i really wish rexxar or saurfang became warchief.

does anyone else feel this way?
    It's not the same as a Gnome being the king of Stormwind. Stormwind is specifically the capital of the humans.

Vol'jin is not chieftain of Orgrimmar. He's Warchief of the Horde. Thrall looks to be the leader of the orcs now once again with Garrosh out, just not as their Warchief.

he hasn't had a chance to do anything yet, give him some time into the next xpac before you judge him.

Deleted
    mainly the reason i rerolled alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin seems like the only guy left on the Horde that isn't a complete ass (Gallywix,) a hipster fandom tool (Sylvannas,) or a complete do-nothing (Baine) who also isn't Lor'themar.

Can you imagine the rage if a blood elf became Warchief of the Horde?

At least Vol'jin has a level head on his shoulders.

It was pretty obvious he was going to be the next warchief. Sylvannas hasn't done anything the entirety of MoP, Gallywix and Baine haven't done anything, ever, and Lor'themar, while being built up to a degree, was never really the "guy in charge" of spearheading the revolution like Vol'jin. And it would be kind of in bad taste to just drop thrall back in and then pretend like nothing ever happened.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-10-26 at 08:08 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    he hasn't had a chance to do anything yet, give him some time into the next xpac before you judge him.
    Yeah,. pretty much gotta echo this sentiment, he's always been present, and they built him quite well with the rebellion, but let him do shit before deciding he sucks.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it's like a Gnome being High King of the Alliance.

I would have honestly preferred Thrall to remain Warchief but Vol'jin hasn't really had a chance to do anything yet so I can't really say he's done a bad job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    We can judge him plenty from what's already written, he was one of the worst choices they could have made. Lor'themar or Sylvanas would have been better, and I cannot stand either of them. Also

Originally Posted by J. Allen Brack
    Can you tell us a bit more about the upcoming raid on Orgrimmar?
    Sure. We haven't designed very much of it right now, we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief. I'm really excited about it from a player perspective, because I think if you're an Alliance player, the idea about doing a raid into the heart of your enemies capital is really satisfying, and deposing the enemy leader is super gratifying. On the Horde side, it's going to be super cool to have a raid in your own home town, and who doesn't want Thrall to be the leader of the Horde? (Source)
    Thanks Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel the same way, but we have to deal with it. nothing we can do. blizz wont change warchief anytime soon. most probably WoW will end with him being warchief.

Garrosh did everything right. Only mass executions will save the True Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really get the feeling that people are saying "Vol'jin was the worst decision for warchief... except for all the other horde leaders..."

Haters gonna hate.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm quite fine with it Rather excited actually

10+ Year Old Account
    For the first time ever I agree with this OP. Only took 585 threads. A troll has no right to lead the horde since trolls are the least numbered in the horde.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't done anything yet and is already deemed meh?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    We can judge him plenty from what's already written, he was one of the worst choices they could have made. Lor'themar or Sylvanas would have been better, and I cannot stand either of them. Also

Originally Posted by J. Allen Brack
    Can you tell us a bit more about the upcoming raid on Orgrimmar?
    Sure. We haven't designed very much of it right now, we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief. I'm really excited about it from a player perspective, because I think if you're an Alliance player, the idea about doing a raid into the heart of your enemies capital is really satisfying, and deposing the enemy leader is super gratifying. On the Horde side, it's going to be super cool to have a raid in your own home town, and who doesn't want Thrall to be the leader of the Horde? (Source)
    Thanks Blizzard.
    Well, they were also talking that we KILL Garrosh in SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Hasn't done anything yet and is already deemed meh?
    Oh, I forgot, Vol'jin's a new character that hasn't had a piss poor record over the years that we can use to judge how he will be as Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Well, they were also talking that we KILL Garrosh in SoO.
    So basically we should take what Blizzard says with a grain of salt because clearly they can't live up to their word anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh, I forgot, Vol'jin's a new character that hasn't had a piss poor record over the years that we can use to judge how he will be as Warchief.

So basically we should take what Blizzard says with a grain of salt because clearly they can't live up to their word anymore.
    He's only been active since Cataclysm. Before then he was more or less an anonymous NPC. And he was against Garrosh from the beginning along with Cairn. It only made sense he would eventually be the one to take over. I know people liked to try to talk up some of the other leaders, but Vul'jin has been groomed for the position. We know how he is as the leader of the Darkspear and the Rebellion, but we don't know what kind of Warchief he will actually be.