Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Except there is.

And I'm getting pretty sick of coining polearms from thok as dw frost.
    I've coined 3 helmets from him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I've coined 3 helmets from him.
    Never had a coin work on Thok, still want a ring + trinket :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Technically I guess I coined 2 helms and won another helm from flex when I was after trinket. ANyway shit luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real discrepancy between unholy loot and frost loot right now IS the "2h can drop for unholy vs 2h+1h can both drop for frost."

I don't see any particular reason for Blizzard to "willing obfuscate" such loot discrepancies as some have posited to "increase retention" or whatever, seeing as the current way to get around it is just to tell it to give you unholy DK loot as a 2h frost DK...

If nothing else, the loot system simply wasn't built with such a "split spec loot" thing in mind.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm DW and I keep getting gold off of Norushen and I've coined the Greatsword of Pride's Fall three times in a row. It's both amusing and incredibly frustrating.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2013-10-31 at 07:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    I'm DW and I keep getting gold off of Norushen and I've coined the Greatsword of Pride's Fall three times in a row. It's both amusing and incredibly frustrating.
    Back before you could specialize your loot rolls, as a 2h frost DK, I got:

three elegions (and one normal mode elegion)
    a scimitar of seven stars
    two kil'raks
    three Worldbreaker's stormscythes

Meanwhile, I've seen exactly two 2h weapons drop... Shin'ka and Uroe.

I also got three crowns from Thok consecutively... and have seen nothing else.

RNG is a bitch, isn't it?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

See personally I would rather have the problem of getting loot you don't want, then getting nothing at all. Then at least you see something. Yes it resets it and such but really, with going on 4 weeks now of no loot from Galk with a coin I really just want it to work instead of give gold T.T

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    My entire guild is convinced that trinket doesn't even exist at this point. Never seen it drop.

Same goes for Eye of Galakras.

I was lucky to grab a Warforged Paragons trinket, because I've never seen that drop again either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I really hate that excuse.
    It's no excuse, it's a design decision. That and RNG is all you ever going to get, unless Blizzard gives in to all the people who never want to have things they don't want to drop drop. Which would dumb down the game and flatten the anticipation curve. Because there can only be satisfaction if there is a chance of no satisfaction.

I like the current loot system, even if there is room for improvement. But i need a better visual for the current active loot spec, so i can see that my frost DK is coining for tank, so i can change it next time before i loot Ordos. I have a nice tank chest now.
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2013-10-31 at 10:14 AM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    It's no excuse, it's a design decision. That and RNG is all you ever going to get, unless Blizzard gives in to all the people who never want to have things they don't want to drop drop. Which would dumb down the game and flatten the anticipation curve. Because there can only be satisfaction if there is a chance of no satisfaction.

I like the current loot system, even if there is room for improvement. But i need a better visual for the current active loot spec, so i can see that my frost DK is coining for tank, so i can change it next time before i loot Ordos. I have a nice tank chest now.
    The excuse for not distinguishing between dw and 2H and smf/TG is awful sorry. I don't want to get my pickings as that would ruin the appeal of the game once i got all "my" gear. However as a dw dk I find it VERY annoying to coin 2H weapons(granted it hasn't happened). Subspec shouldn't exist with this loot system then. They need to either make frost one playstyle regardless of weapon(like pre-mop) or they need to fix the smart loot system and letting the system give you loot based on what your subspec of frost/fury etc.

So one or the other has to go.

I usualy only use coins on bosses that drop multiple pieces i could use,if i only need one item from the possible 2-3 i rather wait and use it next week or somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Gatao View Post
    I usualy only use coins on bosses that drop multiple pieces i could use,if i only need one item from the possible 2-3 i rather wait and use it next week or somewhere else
    Now that I finally got the trinket off galakras I will basically be using a coin on thok, norushen, and malkorok/siegecrafter/paragons(that will depends really)

Weapon contributes to the most dps increase for frost, so upgrading my 530 weapon in my offhand is my priority. as well as the trinket from Thok. Once I get a weapon(any of the four or five if you include the heirloom 1H), I will focus on Thok and then any boss that drops a couple pieces I could use for a "best in slot" list.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    The excuse for not distinguishing between dw and 2H and smf/TG is awful sorry. I don't want to get my pickings as that would ruin the appeal of the game once i got all "my" gear. However as a dw dk I find it VERY annoying to coin 2H weapons(granted it hasn't happened). Subspec shouldn't exist with this loot system then. They need to either make frost one playstyle regardless of weapon(like pre-mop) or they need to fix the smart loot system and letting the system give you loot based on what your subspec of frost/fury etc.

So one or the other has to go.
    Be glad we have smart loot as it is. Imagine LFR with complete random loot assigned to you. Because if you remove unwanted weapons, ehy not remove already owned pieces from the smart loot? And while were at it, why not remove pöieces which are not an upgrade in any case? And when we are there already, why not make it always drop an upgrade if available? No wait, let's remove stats from gear and make your performance go automatically up with your equipped ilvl.

There has to be a cut somewhere, and design chose it to be where it is, how arbitrary it might feel, it is their decision. They might revisit their design, of course, but i is not said that everyone, or anyone, will be happy with a new system. Au contraire, i am sure there will be people unhappy with a new smart loot, or any system, just like now.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate getting loot that I don't need now. Before, It didn't really mean anything, but now with the behind the scenes multiplier on loot chance, when you get something you don't need, you now have less of a chance to get something you really do need. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.