When is Mastery, too much?

Hello all,

Recently wen't DW, and now switching from Crit, to Mastery. Went and asked askmrrobot for some help, and he's telling me to, gem pure mastery gems into my blue slots. In which case, and making me lose the socket bonus strength. Was curious to why, it was telling me to do so. Could it be, because I'm way over hit cap, and not bother gemming the hit/str? Should I ignore and go ahead and gem hit/str?

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rbatter/simple

You've reached a break-point where 2 mastery is worth more potential DPS then 1 strength, so the 320 mastery is better then the minor split-gem socket bonus.

Or you didn't sim your stat weights and are just using AMR's default settings.

Either or.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Exactly what Murdos said
    I miss a good few sockets here and there due to crit gems (my most recent sim put me with that) though even then i'm not too worried about it. Simcraft will always make you take socket bonus's that are worth it if you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes blue sockets are really crappy, like the legs off Malk. 2 blue and a red socket but only +120 strength. SO pure mastery.

Sometimes you don't need hit, so blue sockets are useless.

And sometimes the SEP of mastery is just greater than that of other options,.

Deleted
    Mastery is never enough
    Dw frost dk want all the mastery on the world he can get (same as arcane mage on that matter) - its pure dmg increase because 90% of your dps is frost dmg.
    The only thing u might want to prioritase over mastery is.... weapon dmg, regardless of stats on it - the better weapon dmg the better :P

So I just simmed my DW Frost DK and got these stat weights as a result are as follows:

Hit--6.37
    Exp--6.66
    Str--6.12
    Crit--2.39
    Haste--2.12
    Mastery--2.82

This pretty much has me regemming most if not all my mastery gems into strength. Thoughts?

Run another sim with strength gems first, strength may look better now but every change in stats changes your stat weights.

Quote Originally Posted by crawlin352 View Post
    So I just simmed my DW Frost DK and got these stat weights as a result are as follows:

Hit--6.37
    Exp--6.66
    Str--6.12
    Crit--2.39
    Haste--2.12
    Mastery--2.82

This pretty much has me regemming most if not all my mastery gems into strength. Thoughts?
    stat weights vary depending on your gear.
    with your gear strength is better.

Stat weights shift, but for DW it's pretty much Mastery until the cows come home.

Deleted
    you talked about malkorok's legs, its the same for me i looted legs on garrosh yesterday and there are 2blue slots and 1 red slot.
    But if i follow my simC stat weight i should pull out more dps by gemming accordingly than by gemming full mastery.

(i've str at 6.33, mastery at 3,55 and hit at 2,33)

So do we have to put aside Simc on items like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickman View Post
    Stat weights shift, but for DW it's pretty much Mastery until the cows come home.
    True, but partially dependent on 1.) Weapon ilvl 2.) 2/4p and thok/galakras trinket.

Mastery is better than .5 SEP for my DK ATM, but not by much. However, I only have Thoks and 2p. I expect w/ 4p and galakras for mastery value to increase rather greatly.