Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

why is drinking alcohol considered so bad?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people during the 1800s drink nothing but ale because the rivers and streams were contaminated? That basically, most people in that area and of that time, did nothing but drink alcohol their entire lives? I don't understand this new found (really what it is) hatred towards alcohol. I understand that alcohol can and will kill people that abuse it. It's one of the 2 (i think?) drugs that can kill via withdrawal. But what is with the hatred towards those that drink?

I like being drunk. It helps me cope the same as that doctor gives you some hallucinogen pill. I simply don't see the big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    OT: I think it's disgusting as hell to spit so ofc I always swallow. Spitters are quitters, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't normally see hatred but its got to do with the whole kills your liver thing, also it can effect people pretty badly if you decide to drive. Also water is a bit more sanitary than it was then
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I don't normally see hatred but its got to do with the whole kills your liver thing, also it can effect people pretty badly if you decide to drive. Also water is a bit more sanitary than it was then
    But doesn't these doctor prescribed pills do the same? I mean, just because a doctor says it's okay that means you can get behind the wheel and destroy your liver the same?
    OT: I think it's disgusting as hell to spit so ofc I always swallow. Spitters are quitters, after all.

Because people abuse it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michonne View Post
    But doesn't these doctor prescribed pills do the same? I mean, just because a doctor says it's okay that means you can get behind the wheel and destroy your liver the same?
    most pills don't destroy your liver or cause hallucinations that would cause you to crash off the road
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    most pills don't destroy your liver or cause hallucinations that would cause you to crash off the road
    um... If I were you, I'd check your facts on that.

why is drinking considered fun and stuff? i find drinking boring and a waste of money same with drugs and smoking

10+ Year Old Account
    um... If I were you, I'd check your facts on that.
    best i could find on pills that destroy your liver were dietary supplements or if you took to many, which are not the ones you take to stop being depressed also those kinds of pills just make you dopey rather than crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    I should have named this thread "why is it okay to make doctors drug dealers while discriminating against alcohol?"

Idk, I tweak out on prescription amphetamines and getting fucked up in uppers and i fucking like it. I will never stop, I live being under the influence. I like mixing alcohol will it, idk im fucked up right now, thank god for spell check.

10+ Year Old Account
    best i could find on pills that destroy your liver were dietary supplements or if you took to many, which are not the ones you take to stop being depressed also those kinds of pills just make you dopey rather than crazy
    So taking 30 ibuprofen won't damage my liver?

10+ Year Old Account
    So taking 30 ibuprofen won't damage my liver?
    it can kill you.... i suppose that could damage your liver as well

also read "if you took to many"

10+ Year Old Account
    it can kill you.... i suppose that could damage your liver as well

also read "if you took to many"
    And how much weed do I need to smoke to overdose?

10+ Year Old Account
    weed isn't alcohol, but i would assume theres a number since to much of anything can kill you

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people are down on alcohol because of the stupid or dangerous things some do while under the influence. It's a fair concern, some people do really fucked up things when they are drunk. That does not make it the alcohols fault though, it is the fault of the person. If you can't handle your drink, don't drink.

People have been making and enjoying alcohol since about as long as humans have been human. Some even think that civilization came about because of the rise of agriculture and zymurgy, two activities that are almost always found hand in hand.

I just finished my first batch of homemade hard cider last night, making it yourself is really cheap and easy. 5 liters of apple juice, 2 kilos of sugar (recommend brown sugar) and about 100ml of lemon or lime juice. Mix all those together in a plastic or stainless container and add a few packets of baking yeast. Let it hang out covered, but not sealed, for about 3 weeks and then refrigerate for a few days to get the yeast to fall to the bottom. Siphon out the cider so you leave the yeast undisturbed at the bottom and enjoy. You can even reuse the yeast you leave behind for the next batch. Of course depending on where you live, and your age, this may be illegal, so check your local laws.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Not possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Not possible.
    Too much of any substance on the planet can kill you, some things are just absurdly difficult to achieve the right levels of.

this guy. I got some icky sticky that will make ya feel dead. Oding on weed is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Too much of any substance on the planet can kill you, some things are just absurdly difficult to achieve the right levels of.
    Dude trust me I try every day to overdose on marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    it would take 1,500 pounds of weed to be smoked in 15 minutes to kill you. hell of a way to go.